• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

It's almost criminal that you would shackle Herbert to a OC like this. Like why?
    Anyone that’s still on the fence about lombardi being a dipshit please study what happened in detroit, he doesn’t trust his QBs he did it to stafford and he’s doing it to herbert, fuck that guy, I’m done telling people to cut him slack, fuck lombardi and his moronc playcalling hurry up bullshit…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

His play calling had nothing to do with the two dropped interceptions, the bad overturned interception by the refs, the phantom penalty that took away another interception, the D allowing a 52 yard run where we needed a stop, and a myriad of other items that led to the loss. The fixation on blaming Lombo for everything is misguided. The reality is that Mahomes threw what should have been 4 interceptions and we would have won going away. But we are the Chargers and it didn't go our way.
      How about Lombo calling for that hurry-up offense, failing to take a gassed Everett off the field after he just fought for some tough yards? That poor decision led at least in part to that pick-6.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        To be fair…
        I didn't like going into the season with Clapp as Lindsley's backup...Clapp allowed a lot of pressures in PS...

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Nah, this guy is driving a ferrari on the go cart track, he’s a fucking moron…
          And yet his play calling had nothing to do with any of the things listed, which is why we lost.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

It's almost criminal that you would shackle Herbert to a OC like this. Like why?
            It's the Charger Way...same old Chargers...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Colin Cowherd is blasting the Chargers offense. Not clever, doesn’t surprise him, boring. Same old thing

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Colin Cowherd is blasting the Chargers offense. Not clever, doesn’t surprise him, boring. Same old thing
                Our OC and Herbert's injury will be the dominant storylines of this season's shortcomings.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I wonder about our HC? Isn't he the one in charge? If our OC isn't calling a good game, why doesn't Staley do something about it. All those behind the los passes and never throwing it deep - why didn't Staley step in? Come on coach, do your job.

I do want to add this - KC was playing their Safeties very deep so part of this is because Spags game planned to stop the deep stuff. But, why so many behind the los passes?

All that's to say I'm not so certain it's all on our OC.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I wonder about our HC? Isn't he the one in charge? If our OC isn't calling a good game, why doesn't Staley do something about it. All those behind the los passes and never throwing it deep - why didn't Staley step in? Come on coach, do your job.

I do want to add this - KC was playing their Safeties very deep so part of this is because Spags game planned to stop the deep stuff. But, why so many behind the los passes?

Ultimately the team is the HC’s responsibility. It’s why I’m off the Staley bandwagon. Guy seems to have all the IQ but not the real in game smarts and instincts. We need an A+ HC. We have a C

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Nah, this guy is driving a ferrari on the go cart track, he’s a fucking moron…
                      There is absolutey no question about one thing....Joe Lombardi is not maximizing Herbert's talents.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Of course Lombardi has the buy in from his head coach on the game plan and approach. Staley has the D he wants now and clearly does not feel the need to be as aggressive this year as last. He isn't going for it on 4th down as much and is content to have the O play it safer. And if we hold onto interceptions he would be correct. But we didn't so everything can be second guessed to death.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Another thing that puzzles me. There are things working in the first half that always disappear in the 2nd half when it counts. It is all defensice adjustments the Chargers cant deal with? Mike Williams was abusing a rookie corner and then they just stop going to him and he disappears from the game. Seen this kind of thing way too much over the years.

Comment

Working...
                          X