• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's not a matter of "adjusting" when you lose one of the best WR's in the league - no team can lose their best WR and still click as if he was still playing.
    We still have Mike Will. And Carter. And Guyton. And Palmer. And we can call up Bandy from the PS. And our TE's (except maybe Butterfingers McKitty). And we have Ekkie and Horvath out of the backfield. Yes, not having Slayer hurts, but Herbie is a good enough QB to make plenty happen with all these receivers, IF Lombo will dial up more than a paltry 2 passes over 17 yards...that's pathetic...

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You think they look like last years team? lol

Oh the drama being tossed around in here lol.

With no INT and we go in and score and the ASJ INT held up we got robbed on, we likely win. Herb likely not hurt.

Lombardi didnt lose this game for us.
      We had quite a few losses last year with eerily similar excuses…

Guess who won last night? The team that didn’t need to make excuses.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

With no INT and we go in and score and the ASJ INT held up we got robbed on, we likely win. Herb likely not hurt.

You realize we've been saying some iteration of this for 15+ years, right?

Basically, if we didn't make those mistakes or have those injuries, we would have won. And yet this is supposed to be comforting? The same episode on repeat?
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Basically, if we didn't make those mistakes or have those injuries, we would have won. And yet this is supposed to be comforting? The same episode on repeat?
          Yes but the point is, none of that is on Lombardi.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-16-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

You think they look like last years team? lol

Oh the drama being tossed around in here lol.

U don't think Lombo going conservative in the 2nd half had an effect on the outcome? Two 3-and-outs in a row due to good old Lomboball? Or Lombo dialing up the no-huddle, forcing a gassed Everett to be in on a play he wanted to tap out on? Resulting in a pick-6? Sorry, Lombo lost us this game, and almost lost us the Raider game with his lame offense.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

It’s like seeing the same movie over and over again with different characters and slight tweaks to how we will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this time. We’re in an endless loop of remakes. Like the Marvel franchise or Star Wars spin offs. I’m bored with it frankly. I want to experience some different emotions with this team instead of hope and then heartbreak.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Cant disagree. Its only 2 games but aside from the late TD last night, it seems every time Herbert looks to Palmer not much postive is really happening. He looks like a pretty average WR who lacks speed and cant separate.

Carter has been a nice surprise, but I think the same thing I thought before this season. To take the next level the Charger offence needs a top end, WR with speed who can take the lid of the defence, make some plays in the open field and break games open. Why would you not make this a priority addition when you have the best and strongest arm in football?
                Preaching to the choir sir.
                love it.
                DBs respect, but don't fear our weapons
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                  Since Balboa Stadium
                  • Sep 2022
                  • LA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It’s like seeing the same movie over and over again with different characters and slight tweaks to how we will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this time. We’re in an endless loop of remakes. Like the Marvel franchise or Star Wars spin offs. I’m bored with it frankly. I want to experience some different emotions with this team instead of hope and then heartbreak.
                  True...when that KC rookie intercepted that ball at the goal line and ran it back for a touchdown, I saw flashes of the holy roller, Marlon Mcree, and tweety bird. My Dad who passed this year who was a Bolt fan for 50 years used to say the Chargers were snakebit.

What I often wonder...remember the offense in New Orleans with Lobo was there? Just amazing in its variety and ways to move the ball. Yet...here, especially the first two games the offense looks so stale. Mike Williams does not even catch a ball(did he?) against the Raiders....no screen passes.....No long balls to speak of. Is it the Drew Brews factor? Was he that much better? Maybe so. We like Herbert so much we often forget he is only three years in. Heck Drew sat on the bench for a year I think....the guy is still learning.

Herbert to me has one big flaw. Which for some reason nobody seems to mention. He throws the ball way too hard on the short routes. For some reason he seems really accurate on the longer stuff, but on the short stuff I am always waiting for the ball to ricochet off somebody's shoulder pads and to the opposing defense. I don't know if its possible, but he needs to learn to put some touch on the ball. Especially if the offense is going to be throwing so many short passes over the middle. Going hand in hand with this...his balls are line drives mostly. Which is great when there is a clear throwing path to the receiver...but what about those throws where it needs to drop over one or two defenders to the receiver? Have not seem him make many throws like that either....so far he is a bit one dimensional in that area.

But evidently...being able to zing that ball in there before any defenders can notice is a big plus...just gotta be able to throw another way when that's not open. and don't forget the richochets....Lombo should use him like a Daryl Lamonica....the "mad bomber".....at least 3 times a game. He is good at that.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I wonder about our HC? Isn't he the one in charge? If our OC isn't calling a good game, why doesn't Staley do something about it. All those behind the los passes and never throwing it deep - why didn't Staley step in? Come on coach, do your job.

I do want to add this - KC was playing their Safeties very deep so part of this is because Spags game planned to stop the deep stuff. But, why so many behind the los passes?

All that's to say I'm not so certain it's all on our OC.
                    Good point, Roo...but...did you notice how well our offense clicked in the first half? Passing on first and/or second down...and it worked! We had a nice lead at halftime...but somehow I get the impression that most, if not all those first half plays were scripted and practiced...it's like Staley lit a fire under Lombo to open up the O, and he did...then, in the second half, looks like the script ran out and it was back to Lomboball...runs and short passes, most of which were easily defensed--only 2 passes all game over 17 yards, both complete...all those two-and-outs and turnovers...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 09-17-2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

True...when that KC rookie intercepted that ball at the goal line and ran it back for a touchdown, I saw flashes of the holy roller, Marlon Mcree, and tweety bird. My Dad who passed this year who was a Bolt fan for 50 years used to say the Chargers were snakebit.

What I often wonder...remember the offense in New Orleans with Lobo was there? Just amazing in its variety and ways to move the ball. Yet...here, especially the first two games the offense looks so stale. Mike Williams does not even catch a ball(did he?) against the Raiders....no screen passes.....No long balls to speak of. Is it the Drew Brews factor? Was he that much better? Maybe so. We like Herbert so much we often forget he is only three years in. Heck Drew sat on the bench for a year I think....the guy is still learning.

Herbert to me has one big flaw. Which for some reason nobody seems to mention. He throws the ball way too hard on the short routes. For some reason he seems really accurate on the longer stuff, but on the short stuff I am always waiting for the ball to ricochet off somebody's shoulder pads and to the opposing defense. I don't know if its possible, but he needs to learn to put some touch on the ball. Especially if the offense is going to be throwing so many short passes over the middle. Going hand in hand with this...his balls are line drives mostly. Which is great when there is a clear throwing path to the receiver...but what about those throws where it needs to drop over one or two defenders to the receiver? Have not seem him make many throws like that either....so far he is a bit one dimensional in that area.

But evidently...being able to zing that ball in there before any defenders can notice is a big plus...just gotta be able to throw another way when that's not open. and don't forget the richochets....Lombo should use him like a Daryl Lamonica....the "mad bomber".....at least 3 times a game. He is good at that.
                      Good one, Frank! Lombo = Lobo. Lobo in Spanish is wolf. The irony. Lombo and the Bolts on paper look fierce as a wolf. But when they play, it's more like a sheep. And that last game was a baaaaaddd one...

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think the WR corps is limiting what we can do in the passing game. Getting KA back will help, but everyone is slow and can't get open.

Look at what happened to Josh Allen when he got Diggs. Telesco needs to pay attention.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I think the WR corps is limiting what we can do in the passing game. Getting KA back will help, but everyone is slow and can't get open.

Look at what happened to Josh Allen when he got Diggs. Telesco needs to pay attention.
                          Both Carter and Guyton have good speed.

Comment

Working...
                          X