• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Lombo doesn’t strike me as the greatest anything in the history of sport, he has a befuddled uncertain look on his mug too much of the time.
    ^ This. Lombo is to OC as Deano is to Owner...might be a nice guy, but in over his head...both of these dudes kind of remind me of those 80-year old senile Shriners driving those souped-up kiddie cars in a parade...they might have good intentions, but I cringe every time they head for a group of little children on the side of the street at about 40 mph, and barely avoid crashing into them...

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

:larry: if your interested why your least favorite coach calls those plays you hate so much. This is a good read.
      Joe Lombardi dialing up plays for the Chargers offense with motion, tempo, and tight formations to make things easy for Justin Herbert.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        :larry: if your interested why your least favorite coach calls those plays you hate so much. This is a good read.
        Staley has to see it too - he has too

I get the lack of speed at WR and lack of running game - but come on, look at how Daboll used Allen.

I still wish the hire were Daboll over Staley -- but Staley has to fix it this offseason.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes, but he does have the Lombo 3rd quarter blues....
          Sounds like a sad song:

"It's the very start - of the second half
          And the team looks like - it already ran out of gas
          Well, our O is slow,
          And our D's getting juked outta their shoes

Well, we can't convert - on a 3rd-and-one
          Against that stacked box - we just can't run
          And the Bolts once again
          Have the Lombo 3rd quarter blues..."

:larry:
          Last edited by Topcat; 12-31-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I get the lack of speed at WR and lack of running game - but come on, look at how Daboll used Allen.

I still wish the hire were Daboll over Staley -- but Staley has to fix it this offseason.
            But Daboll only has 25 pass play that gain 20plus yards this year with Giants. 32nd in the NFL. Dead last.

Chargers have 47 pass plays that gain 20plus.

After his 6-1 hot start. Daboll is 2-5-1. And limping into and maybe out of postseason.

Is Daboll only good with a top 5 QB?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Trade would be the same as releasing - unless some of the guarantees haven't been paid yet. Like Russell Wilson can be traded, the Broncos would take a 40m dead cap hit - but the team trading for him would take on the rest of his guarantees. Same with A-A-Ron Rodgers -he has $58m coming duee (his choice, not the Packers) - but if they can have somebody take on that contract, they are left with a 42m dead cap hit

Looking at Derwins numbers - the Chargers would assume the big cap number if he is traded since it looks like it was a signing bonus

As for the idea of trading him - I have no reason why. He is the second best player on the team. Arguably the best player on the team

Lastly, if the Chargers did not know earlier this Spring what they were going to do in Spring of 2023 - thats just stupidity
              Thanks for the answer.
              Looking at the players I want to keep, it's incredible how much talent is on this roster.
              there is no easy answer to the cap.
              We can restructure all day but it has it's consequences, I'm looking at ripping the bandaid with a major piece if it means we can keep multiple others.
              Davis is a priority, Callhan should be affordable.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Good article.

It's almost as if the Chargers offense was actually having success.
                Ignore this fact, and the article leads you into believing this guy is one hell of a coordinator.

Noticed one of the gifs has every receiver run the same curl in or out, 5 yards down field,
                setting up #88 for the only meaty route.

I like seeing that: build your passing offense around McKitty cat.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Daboll didnt have a HURT Allen either. Or a hurt WR corps or OL. You guys bagging hard on Lombo are forgetfull. There are worse OCs we could have.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Daboll didnt have a HURT Allen either. Or a hurt WR corps or OL. You guys bagging hard on Lombo are forgetfull. There are worse OCs we could have.
                    Possibly - this is not exactly a recommendation.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

That’s from Oct 6, 2021. Maybe Lombo needs some fresher plays because 3rd quarter defenses have figured out how to shut this down.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Daboll over Staley? No way. The turnaround that Staley has done with this injury riddled defense has been incredible and the reason we are playoff bound.

While I would like a new OC next year, Lombo has done enough to stay competitive.

So on balance, grateful for Staley and no thanks to Daboll.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

That’s from Oct 6, 2021. Maybe Lombo needs some fresher plays because 3rd quarter defenses have figured out how to shut this down.
                          Is there a reason they aren't shutting it down the same way in the other Qtrs? There are 4 of them. So what's happening in the other 3?

Comment

Working...
                          X