• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Woods is a safety so he won't be playing press corner. He will need to be a lot better tackler.
    Oops...confused him with JCJ...correction made...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers

They can save a ton of money if they restructure or extend some of the players. They dont have to cut any players they would like to keep.

They have plenty of ways to make things work.

If this over the cap site is close to accurate they can free up 35million by restructuring Bosa, Mack and Allen.
      If they extend all 3 supposedly they can free up 50mil.
      My guess is Bosa - kick the can
      Mack - kick the can

Allen - takes a small paycut of 6-8m or is released
      Feiler - might be kindly asked to take a small pay cut

Vato not going anywhere

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

We don’t, he was just resigned. Cap hit is $30M if they cut him, only $9M if on the team
        Trade would be different right?
        genuinely aksing.
        The other team would have to agree to take on the entire contract and be willing to give us picks?
        just want to leave no stone unturned.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Now THAT would be shocking...imagine...Lombo plays possum with that lame offense until the playoffs, then unleashes the Herbie Krakken!!!
          Well, I guess we can always dream...
          That would be the greatest rope-a-dope in the history of sport. Lombo doesn’t strike me as the greatest anything in the history of sport, he has a befuddled uncertain look on his mug too much of the time. But maybe that too is just part of his rope-a-dope diabolical act, who knows.

Ok, now I’m pretty excited to see the all-new Lombo Un-Leashed on our pitiful playoff opponents in a few weeks. I am marking my calendar now!
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Trade would be different right?
            genuinely aksing.
            The other team would have to agree to take on the entire contract and be willing to give us picks?
            just want to leave no stone unturned.
            I have read that the prorated cap hits will go with the player, but i am not sure if thats true. i second the question?

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Too bad the Spanoses are so cheap and never pay any players and don't try to win a superbowl. That is why we are always so far under the cap.....hey! Wait a second......

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Lombo doesn’t strike me as the greatest anything in the history of sport, he has a befuddled uncertain look on his mug too much of the time.!
                Exactly. He has an aura of apprehension and doubt versus confidence. He seems like a nice guy and colleague but from a strictly business interest, you want someone in that capacity that can extract the most out of the offense and many around the NFL beyond this forum don’t think he’s fulfilling that

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I will give Lombardi this, and it ain't much, Popper does ask him some tough questions in press conferences. Leading questions. The ones we want asked. Popper does it in a humble way, but it is pretty clear and you can see it in Lombardi's face. He knows. But he answers patiently and thoughtfully and does not go all Belichek or Dennis Green or Jim Mora on him.

Watching Belicheck after the lateral game was priceless.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    I will give Lombardi this, and it ain't much, Popper does ask him some tough questions in press conferences. Leading questions. The ones we want asked. Popper does it in a humble way, but it is pretty clear and you can see it in Lombardi's face. He knows. But he answers patiently and thoughtfully and does not go all Belichek or Dennis Green or Jim Mora on him.

Watching Belicheck after the lateral game was priceless.

TG
                    “The lateral game”. At least there’s not a game named after Lombo yet, so he’s still got that lol

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I have read that the prorated cap hits will go with the player, but i am not sure if thats true. i second the question?
                      Trade would be the same as releasing - unless some of the guarantees haven't been paid yet. Like Russell Wilson can be traded, the Broncos would take a 40m dead cap hit - but the team trading for him would take on the rest of his guarantees. Same with A-A-Ron Rodgers -he has $58m coming duee (his choice, not the Packers) - but if they can have somebody take on that contract, they are left with a 42m dead cap hit

Looking at Derwins numbers - the Chargers would assume the big cap number if he is traded since it looks like it was a signing bonus

As for the idea of trading him - I have no reason why. He is the second best player on the team. Arguably the best player on the team

Lastly, if the Chargers did not know earlier this Spring what they were going to do in Spring of 2023 - thats just stupidity

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

“The lateral game”. At least there’s not a game named after Lombo yet, so he’s still got that lol
                        Yes, but he does have the Lombo 3rd quarter blues....
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Too bad the Spanoses are so cheap and never pay any players and don't try to win a superbowl. That is why we are always so far under the cap.....hey! Wait a second......

TG
                          Spanos' aren't cheap to me - jsut bad at being owners. - I am just not sure he is a good businessperson with the gravitas and common sense to do the job. He also looks befuddled to me. I am being serious. Like Kraft or Jerrah Jones - they are true businesspeople who worked for it. Dean was given it. I mean, the record since he is owner kind of proves that.

Comment

Working...
                          X