• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Those throws behind the LOS got us to the 5th seed yet I am reading they are not good or should be eliminated from the game plan is not wise or something I would support in my mighty universe of 1. Nope. I saw production yesterday from those same plays when people block and do their jobs and get that YAC.
    They havent worked for us in the red zone. Meanwhile we have big bodies like Everett, Parham and MW. Hit those guys in the end zone

Comment

• Trumpet Man
      Dea Spanos my HERO
      • Dec 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They havent worked for us in the red zone. Meanwhile we have big bodies like Everett, Parham and MW. Hit those guys in the end zone
      Red Zone stats were horrific (40%) BUT they are trending up (66%) and in the last few games (2 recent) we were 100% Red Zone efficient. Not too shabby. The hidden stat is not enough trips into the Red Zone compared to peers. I stole this info proudly from another site so ......

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Red Zone stats were horrific (40%) BUT they are trending up (66%) and in the last few games (2 recent) we were 100% Red Zone efficient. Not too shabby. The hidden stat is not enough trips into the Red Zone compared to peers. I stole this info proudly from another site so ......
        Thats if you are counting FGs. I think they are talking about TDs.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
          Dea Spanos my HERO
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats if you are counting FGs. I think they are talking about TDs.
          Just goes to prove stats can be misleading at times but you are right.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Those throws behind the LOS got us to the 5th seed yet I am reading they are not good or should be eliminated from the game plan is not wise or something I would support in my mighty universe of 1. Nope. I saw production yesterday from those same plays when people block and do their jobs and get that YAC.
            OK, maybe not eliminate throws behind the LOS, but there definitely should be fewer of them because more often than not they don't work.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

How often is JH audible- ing?
              I know Lombardi's O is less than imaganitive but is Justin over riding enough of the calls to actually get things done( for instance, that JH to MW play at the end of the Titan game, the one that pretty much won the game for us, was done on the fly)?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                How often is JH audible- ing?
                I know Lombardi's O is less than imaganitive but is Justin over riding enough of the calls to actually get things done( for instance, that JH to MW play at the end of the Titan game, the one that pretty much won the game for us, was done on the fly)?
                He audibles quite a bit. According to Popper he also checks down quite a bit because he progresses through his reads so fast that at times our receivers have not yet had time to get open.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He audibles quite a bit. According to Popper he also checks down quite a bit because he progresses through his reads so fast that at times our receivers have not yet had time to get open.
                  Thanks Rich.
                  Didn't realise JH was going through his progressions that fast. That would obviously account for a lot of dump offs then.
                  I'm also thinking JH is intelligent enough to have a better read of what's actually happening on the field so will audible into a better option, if available.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Thanks Rich.
                    Didn't realise JH was going through his progressions that fast. That would obviously account for a lot of dump offs then.
                    I'm also thinking JH is intelligent enough to have a better read of what's actually happening on the field so will audible into a better option, if available.
                    I suspect that Justin is being coached to be risk averse, but I think he's ready to grow out of that. I don't think he'll ever be a gunslinger ala "Farvre" and he doesn't have the speed in his receivers to be a mad bomber. I do want to see more chunk plays, even outside of crunch time, and take more chances earlier.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Thanks Rich.
                      He is also under constant pressure so doesn't have the luxury of sitting in the pocket for long.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I suspect that Justin is being coached to be risk averse, but I think he's ready to grow out of that. I don't think he'll ever be a gunslinger ala "Farvre" and he doesn't have the speed in his receivers to be a mad bomber. I do want to see more chunk plays, even outside of crunch time, and take more chances earlier.
                        Sure he is when he's got Mdub to throw to. He knows there's a 50/50 chance on the jump ball and mike will knock it down if he can't make a play on it.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

That's why we need more o line and a couple more speedy receivers.Unlock Herbert.

Comment

Working...
                          X