• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Vato looks like an extremely important piece to the Staley improvement puzzle to me. Understand the cap is gonna be a problem some restructures and yes losing some players we like will probably happen. Vato is one that I’d try and figure out if I were the capmaster.
    I hear you, I really do. We are going to lose some players that are playing very well, right now.
    But that cap for next year...
    A real-time breakdown of the Los Angeles Chargers 2023 salary cap, including salaries, bonuses, reserve lists, dead cap, cap space and more.

Try the "manage cap" button. We're digging out of a deep hole.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

How much do we save if we cut James? Asking for a bunch of NFC teams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Boltnut is projecting Michael Davis's departure.

Replacing Callahan, Davis, Tranquil, Van Noy & Adderley, along with the inevitable player or two going down with injuries will be too much for the D.
        That would be a hell of a draft to plug those holes, and in addition the offensive departures.

Happy thought for the day: Losing to KC in Arrowhead 9 - 7, and then watching that exodus in the offseason.
        :anchorjump:
        The way Davis has been playing with JCs future in doubt, I'm not so sure Davis is leaving. He is under contract for another year.

Woods I think will take Adderley's spot next season. And we'll see about Tranq and VN coming back. Not betting on VN coming back unless it's a later signing for cheap.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          How much do we save if we cut James? Asking for a bunch of NFC teams.
          We don’t, he was just resigned. Cap hit is $30M if they cut him, only $9M if on the team
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The way Davis has been playing with JCs future in doubt, I'm not so sure Davis is leaving. He is under contract for another year.

Woods I think will take Adderley's spot next season. And we'll see about Tranq and VN coming back. Not betting on VN coming back unless it's a later signing for cheap.
            Adderley wasn’t even listed in the Spottrac cap list - now i don’t kow if any of their numbers are any good. OverTheCap says $2.5M savings to cut him
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers salary cap, contracts, bonus money, dead money, and cap savings for every player

They can save a ton of money if they restructure or extend some of the players. They dont have to cut any players they would like to keep.

They have plenty of ways to make things work.

If this over the cap site is close to accurate they can free up 35million by restructuring Bosa, Mack and Allen.
              If they extend all 3 supposedly they can free up 50mil.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• nomad1946
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2017
                • West Yellowstone, Montana
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers

They can save a ton of money if they restructure or extend some of the players. They dont have to cut any players they would like to keep.

If this over the cap site is close to accurate they can free up 35million by restructuring Bosa, Mack and Allen.
                I feel this is what they will do, it is almost the only realistic thing they can do.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers

Problem is that when you re-structure, you are converting un-guaranteed future salary into guaranteed signing bonuses. You are giving yourself less money to re-sign future players. Players like Herbert. His contract will count as $8.5 million next year (4th year). The 5th year Option will bring him $28-31 million in 2024. His extension may cost $50 million/year.

They'll have to be very careful about who they re-structure and extend.

Khalil Mack: He's already been restructured... so you are guaranteeing more money if you re-structure again.
                  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...23%2C500%2C000.

Keenan Allen: He hasn't been re-structured before. You have a little more wiggle room.
                  Keenan Allen contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Mike Williams: A little more guaranteed on the end. A little less wiggle room than KA.
                  Mike Williams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Joey Bosa: Lots of guaranteed money on the front end. You would have to commit longer term with room on the back end.
                  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange...66%2C250%2C000.

And don't forget about Rashawn Slater's 5th year option in 2025.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                    Maybe Lombardi has been purposely laying back all season so he can whip some unexpected razzle dazzle on the opposition they’ve never seen before.

:ml:
                    Now THAT would be shocking...imagine...Lombo plays possum with that lame offense until the playoffs, then unleashes the Herbie Krakken!!!
                    Well, I guess we can always dream...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't count yer chickens till they hatch...I'd like to see some more consistent play from him first...we're not out of the, ahem, "Woods" yet...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Don't count yer chickens till they hatch...I'd like to see how well a HEALTHY Woods plays in mostly press corner first...
                        Woods is a safety so he won't be playing press corner. He will need to be a lot better tackler.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Adderley wasn’t even listed in the Spottrac cap list - now i don’t kow if any of their numbers are any good. OverTheCap says $2.5M savings to cut him
                          You can't save any money cutting Adderly next year... he's a FA at year's end. Probably won't have the money to re-sign him.

Comment

Working...
                          X