• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Perhaps we're bitching this year because we're fearful it won't happen.

All I know is, I prefer bitching about Lombo than bitching about the bitchers. THAT seems a strange use of these boards.
    Nah. Bitchin' is bitchin bro!

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

You guys are all bitchin'. Group hug.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So Frank Reich is available, would anyone want him? No? Cam Cameron? No? Yes? Maybe? What are the realistic replacement upgrades to Lombardi? Is there even a better option that will be available?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Perhaps we're bitching this year because we're fearful it won't happen.

All I know is, I prefer bitching about Lombo than bitching about the bitchers. THAT seems a strange use of these boards.
          You clearly miss the point of why people bitch at the butchers…

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You clearly miss the point of why people bitch at the butchers
            Because they shorted them a pound of meat?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Because they shorted them a pound of meat?
              LMAO - gotta love typing on an iPad with autocorrect!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Nah. Bitchin' is bitchin bro!
                I was going to bring my bitching about how overrated The Big Bang Theory is to this Charger board (since bitching is all the same) but decided against it. Topcat, maybe you can do a poll for me?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I was going to bring my bitching about how overrated The Big Bang Theory is to this Charger board (since bitching is all the same) but decided against it. Topcat, maybe you can do a poll for me?
                  Great show.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

One of the many things that frustrate me about Joe Lombardi is his seeming fetish with getting to third and short. He seems to LIVE for it.

While it's always better to have third and short compared to third and long, it's even MORE wonderful to not get to third down (and simply convert on 1st and 2nd downs).

Right now the team with the most 3rd downs in the league is our very own Los Angeles Chargers (230). The next closest team is the Bucs (218) whose offense has been a dud this year followed by the Cardinals (212 ), Jets (211), Browns (208), Broncos (206), Steelers (205), and Colts (203).

Those teams aren't exactly the ones you think of when it comes to dynamic offenses this season. (Dolphins have the least 3rd downs and the Chiefs have the 4th least).

Obviously there are other factors and this isn't a one-to-one correlation. But it's become tedious and frustrating to watch every drive start with a short run of 2 or less yards followed by a short pass or dump off for 4 yards leaving us with another 3rd down. That puts a lot of pressure on the offense to have every series of downs go the entire 3 downs. I feel like we lead the league in 3-and-outs (can anyone find the stat?).

And, while I'm at it, where are our passing TDs? Especially now that our weapons are back? We sit at 16th(!!!!) in the league in passing TDs. And we have Justin Herbert!! The top teams with passing TDs? Chiefs. Bengals. Bills. Sigh. No wonder those QBs get the accolades (and the wins).

Our offense is stale, predictable, and struggling. And I think I know who to blame.
                    I wouldn't exactly say Lombo LIVES for the 3rd and short...it's more like Lombo reminds me of the cranky old man who is set in his ways, whether it's about how to fix a broken toilet or how to cook a turkey...no matter how many times you try pointing out a better, more efficient way to do it, he gets all ticked off and cusses at you and tells you to go away because, "I've always done it this way"...that's Lombo...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Very dangerous...u go first...

Comment

• JPPT1974
                        May Day 2024!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Well Frank Reich may be a nearly one and done HC in the league. Jeff Saturday nice guy but may go back to ESPN!

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Don't worry. Even if they replace Lombo. As soon as Herbert starts taking too much short stuff they will hate the new OC too. Don't worry TPB you will always find a scapegoat to pile gripe about.
                          :sigh:
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X