• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    I trust Lombardi knows the pitchforks will be out for him if he doesn’t coach a better 2nd half this weekend.
    I have it on good authority that he has been spending hours each day on this forum reading the numerous Lombardi threads and crapped threads bashing him so he can devise a game plan to appease some outspoken natives (can we use this term in 2022?) on this forum! He was sited leaving TTs office yesterday morning after an attempt to get him to trade for Tyron Johnson because he is the best receiver in the league and is puzzled how he can keep getting cut and getting no snaps or targets on the his many teams and not show the world his dominance.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have it on good authority that he has been spending hours each day on this forum reading the numerous Lombardi threads and crapped threads bashing him so he can devise a game plan to appease some outspoken natives (can we use this term in 2022?) on this forum! He was sited leaving TTs office yesterday morning after an attempt to get him to trade for Tyron Johnson because he is the best receiver in the league and is puzzled how he can keep getting cut and getting no snaps or targets on the his many teams and not show the world his dominance.
      If Lombardi DOESN'T realize he’s being criticized his self unawareness is even worse than his in game cluelessness.

Chargers should have kept Shane Steichen.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

If Lombardi DOESN'T realize he’s being criticized his self unawareness is even worse than his in game cluelessness.

The real question should actually be - why would any coach care if fans who have zero insight into anything do not approve of their approach?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not ALL, but quite a bit...
          Actualky, NOBODY but Herbert and Lombardi knows.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The bottom line in the first two games is the defense has played better than any defense the Chargers have had since Merriman and Jamaal Williams were their best.

Considering how the defense dominated and kept Raiders and Chiefs in check, the offense we expected should have produced easy wins.

Instead, the offense sputtered in the second half of both games because it was unable to make adjustments.

If Jag game looks like the first two, it won’t just be some on this forum complaining about Lombardi. I expect every NFL talking head will join the bandwagon.

I trust Lombardi knows the pitchforks will be out for him if he doesn’t coach a better 2nd half this weekend.

Send Mack to Lombardi's office for a wake up call.
            ^ Nice...imagine how that conversation would go:

MACK: Joe, I need to have a word with you.

LOMBO: Oh, hi, Khalil, I was just working on my game plan for the Jags.

MACK: Yeah, well, speaking of game plans, I sure hope you do something different, because what yer doin' ain't cuttin' it, man...

LOMBO: But Khalil, we beat the Raiders and almost beat the Chiefs, last year's AFC West champions...

MACK: Yeah, right. Me and Joey and the rest of our D busted our butts last Thursday...we should have beat those Queefs, but no! You wouldn't let Herbo do his thing and we MESSED UP, MAN! Listen! I signed on with the Chargers because I want to play for a winner! I'm tired of playing for second rate teams...the Raiders, the Bears, I'm done with that crap, okay? Our D shut those clowns down! And what did you do to help us out! Nothing! You got Herbo, one of the best QB's in the league, dude's got a cannon for an arm, and what do you call? A bunch of short stuff? Nickle and dimin' and shuckin' and jivin', and letting 'em stack the box against us? When you should be at least sending dudes like Carter and Guyton long at least a few times a game and giving us a chance to win? Man, if you can't get yer act together right quick, I'm going in to Tommy T and telling him I want out of my deal! I'm serious!

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ Nice...imagine how that conversation would go:

MACK: Joe, I need to have a word with you.

LOMBO: Oh, hi, Khalil, I was just working on my game plan for the Jags.

MACK: Yeah, well, speaking of game plans, I sure hope you do something different, because what yer doin' ain't cuttin' it, man...

LOMBO: But Khalil, we beat the Raiders and almost beat the Chiefs, last year's AFC West champions...

MACK: Yeah, right. Me and Joey and the rest of our D busted our butts last Thursday...we should have beat those Queefs, but no! You wouldn't let Herbo do his thing and we MESSED UP, MAN! Listen! I signed on with the Chargers because I want to play for a winner! I'm tired of playing for second rate teams...the Raiders, the Bears, I'm done with that crap, okay? Our D shut those clowns down! And what did you do to help us out! Nothing! You got Herbo, one of the best QB's in the league, dude's got a cannon for an arm, and what do you call? A bunch of short stuff? Nickle and dimin' and shuckin' and jivin', and letting 'em stack the box against us? When you should be at least sending dudes like Carter and Guyton long at least a few times a game and giving us a chance to win? Man, if you can't get yer act together right quick, I'm going in to Tommy T and telling him I want out of my deal! I'm serious!
              Now we know where you get all your info from. You have dream conversations and relay them to us. I thought it was all from Chain crusher but now I see you have "inside information".
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

I actually thought that at the time. I felt that what he brought out of Herbert his rookie year deserved another go-round. He really showed some promise and creativity that season.

I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I thought Shane was creative.
                  Him and Pep seemed perfect for JH.
                  He didn't have this OL either.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

I thought Shane was creative.
                    Him and Pep seemed perfect for JH.
                    He didn't have this OL either.
                    Felt like a mistake at the time to let them go.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Now we know where you get all your info from. You have dream conversations and relay them to us. I thought it was all from Chain crusher but now I see you have "inside information".
                      made me LOL

thx mang

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I was one of those hoping we'd keep him. I liked his mix. He's got the Eagles flying high now.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

Man I shiver to think about what Buffalo would do to us if we trouted out Lombo out at OC. All of our clunky routes and ineffecient running plays against that defense?! Not to mention how we can possiblly slow Allen. Our season might be over if it comes down to Lombos offense vs McDermott. Also we need Keenan to come back pronto!

Comment

Working...
                          X