• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    Quentin Johnston would be a nice addition, poor man’s Chase. Lot stronger with more core strength than expected. Think he has potential to be a #1. Which is what Herbert really needs.
    He’s 4.4 fast but not 4.3 fast. Hugely talented all-around but will the TPB speed demons be satisfied? I havent see his cone or initial 10 yard times either, is he quick and agile for some slot work - because at a glance he looks more like a prototype beastly outside #1 guy.

Looks like a really good receiver, absolutely.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He’s 4.4 fast but not 4.3 fast. Hugely talented all-around but will the TPB speed demons be satisfied? I havent see his cone or initial 10 yard times either, is he quick and agile for some slot work - because at a glance he looks more like a prototype beastly outside #1 guy.

Looks like a really good receiver, absolutely.
      During the game with TCU/Michigan - somebody on twitter comped Johnson as a Larry Fitzgerald. I thought it was a good comp. Fitz was a bigger WR, not the fastest but of course, caught the ball and made a lot of plays

I think the Chargers need a faster guy to go with KA, Williams and Palmer.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

During the game with TCU/Michigan - somebody on twitter comped Johnson as a Larry Fitzgerald. I thought it was a good comp. Fitz was a bigger WR, not the fastest but of course, caught the ball and made a lot of plays

I think the Chargers need a faster guy to go with KA, Williams and Palmer.
        Travis Kelce posted a 4.61 at the combine. Probably slower now. How does he get open all the time without 4.3 time?

If MW and KA return next year, I’d prefer upgrading TE position versus WR.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
          Dea Spanos my HERO
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Travis Kelce posted a 4.61 at the combine. Probably slower now. How does he get open all the time without 4.3 time?

Ahem *cues up an answer*

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/o...rankings-2022/

The devil is always in the details.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Ahem *cues up an answer*

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/o...rankings-2022/

The devil is always in the details.
            I see a need to improve OL #2-3 depth. We're already getting a pro bowl LT. Zion 2023 sb an upgrade on Z 22. Salyer looks like a quality LG. Only the coach knows about Jaimes. OL isn't a high priority but I wouldn't ignore a quality windfall like Salyer.
            I have TE as "biggest need". Fouts - Winslow, Rivers - Gates, Herbert- Everrett isn't on the same planet.

Comment

• SK21209
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2020
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I see a need to improve OL #2-3 depth. We're already getting a pro bowl LT. Zion 2023 sb an upgrade on Z 22. Salyer looks like a quality LG. Only the coach knows about Jaimes. OL isn't a high priority but I wouldn't ignore a quality windfall like Salyer.
              I have TE as "biggest need". Fouts - Winslow, Rivers - Gates, Herbert- Everrett isn't on the same planet.
              I've really talked myself into Mayer and I think there's a decent chance he's available when we pick given as many as 5 QBs could go in the first round.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                Dea Spanos my HERO
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The RT is a huge issue in my mind (draft or sign someone here). Top Priority
                Moving Salyer to LG is nails...great idea there you posted
                RG is set
                Center is set
                Pipkins can play swing tackle but the team needs WAY better
                D-Line needs another tackle maybe two

THEN

I consider all options after that namely speedy WR TOP Priority after BEEF

Then DEPTH for trenches

BEEF before Gazelles

We need Herbert upright for a long time - BEEF

My .02

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Resigning Pip and getting a guard/center rook who will eventually replace Linsley would be optimal.
                  Guard/center rook late in the 2nd or later in the 3rd round ..... maybe move up early 3rd if your guy is there.

I'm thinking edge rusher & Linsley's replacement are an absolute must.

If you really like Rump, and Fox/Van Noy return ....... only the guard/center is a must.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

RG is set
                    Center is set

THEN

Then DEPTH for trenches

BEEF before Gazelles

My .02
                    If Fox returns (unlikely?), how many tackles do you need: Fox, Otito, Fehoko, Johnson, SJD (those guys are set)
                    That's 5 ..... pretty much your roster limit.

Waive Otito? Don't resign Fox?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I honestly don’t know how a Kelce gets so open all the time, given how obvious it is teams should cover him. He’s not hard to find. Is it He’s not covered by 4.4 CBs, he’s covered by 4.7 - 4.8 LBs?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

RG is set
                        Center is set

THEN

Then DEPTH for trenches

BEEF before Gazelles

My .02
                        Give me one elite new weapon for Herbie that solves the speed gap, and you can devote the rest to your trenches. Not some skinny latte round speedster that can’t catch and is too weak to play in the NFL - a real elite speed weapon. Herbie needs that one guy, it will make everything else open up more. Everything.

and for god’s sake RESIGN PIP. Everyone stop fucking around - he has played great and likely will be even better the next several years going forward. Between Slater, Pipkins and Salyer we have a core of 3 solid OTs - There is your PROTECT HERBIE move right there. Draft development for OG/C. You can stack all the Foxes and Callahan’s and Van Noys from here to Van Nays, you must get Pipkin signed first.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

I've really talked myself into Mayer and I think there's a decent chance he's available when we pick given as many as 5 QBs could go in the first round.
                          Not too sure about that. Mayer is projected as a top 10 talent. Will probably not be there at #32...

Comment

Working...
                          X