• Show
Clear All
  • SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Do you think Lombardi will be our OC next year ?

I do.
    I don't.
    We changed our special teams coordinator and improved dramatically.
    What makes you think that he'll stick?

Comment

• Chargerville
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This. It's the Lombo Limbo--throw the ball as close to the first down marker as possible, without making a first down...
      I also hate when it’s 3rd and 3 and they try a 15+ yard pass. Sometimes when I’m watching, I’m saying to myself, they gotta coach Herbert to have the instincts to just run and pick some of these third downs up with his legs like PM… just to keep the drive going.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

I don't.
        He's Staley's 'mentor' ....... they go back all they way to Mercyhurst.:hello:

Unless he starts using the executive bathroom (Spanos Jr's) and leaves pools of urine there,
        he'll be back.

Lose 10 - 6 in a wildcard game in Baltimore ...... it's on the players.:thumbsup:

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Unless he starts using the executive bathroom (Spanos Jr's) and leaves pools of urine there,
          he'll be back.

Lose 10 - 6 in a wildcard game in Baltimore ...... it's on the players.:thumbsup:
          Maybe the Spanos' will go check on him and finally catch him sleeping on the job in the 3rd quarter in this upcoming game. That's a fireable offense.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • Send PM

Justin Herbert is on the verge of securing a Mahomes type contract. The fate of his HC and OC are in his hands. What will unfold and as quickly as the Indy game is all up to Herbert. Staley stated 2 years ago his intention for Herbert to be a coach on the field which starts being a coach during the game-planning sessions and practice installations. Once Herbert decides to own the role of Player-Coach, Lombo has the decision to adjust then Staley will make an off-season change. Staley is not going anywhere unless he does not align with Herbert’s intentions.

Lombo clearly suffers the inertia of game-planning for a quick release immobile pocket passer in Brees. It is up to Herbert to apply the force/energy to overcome this mindset.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

he'll be back.

I don't agree. Staley fired Swinton and they are very close friends. Staley won't keep Lombardi just because of their past relationship. You are misreading him.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

I don't.
                The facts of the situation, which are distorted here on this board, and throughout Western Civilization.
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

So when 31 other teams are required to punt, what does that mean Many of them have slick designed plays, with fancy routes, deception, misdirection, speedy receivers...all kinds of stuff.

‐‐--------------------------

PFF still does not know how to grade run blocking, and they never will, because it is too intricate. The running game will unlock the Lombardi offense, he of the Sean Payton coaching tree.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    So when 31 other teams are required to punt, what does that mean Many of them have slick designed plays, with fancy routes, deception, misdirection, speedy receivers...all kinds of stuff.

‐‐--------------------------

PFF still does not know how to grade run blocking, and they never will, because it is too intricate. The running game will unlock the Lombardi offense, he of the Sean Payton coaching tree.

There are some branches from a tree that need to be pruned...

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Send PM

Does Sean Payton really have a coaching tree, or is he just a branch off of Bill Parcells? No one really all that notable has went on to be a head coach from his system other than Doug Marrone and now Dan Campbell.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Did you know Johnny Appleseed propagated apples only suitable for cider ?

Think of that as you enjoy your mulled holiday drink.

And Joe runs a loosely modified Erhardt-Perkins.

:smoking:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Sadly, there is no Charger football until the day after Christmas.

By that time, the stage might be set for Staley's "The Powder Blues" to CLINCH a playoff spot.

Pick a rabbit hole and jump right in.

:coffee:

Comment

Working...
                          X