• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotty Boy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2017
    • Send PM

So Lombardi admitted to the media he screwed-up the play calling in 2 of the 3 games.

Here’s the real $64,000 question: and Staley let me???

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
      So Lombardi admitted to the media he screwed-up the play calling in 2 of the 3 games.

I would argue 3 of 3 games but we did win the Raider game.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

So, can a tiger change his stripes? Can Lombo change his playcalling?

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Just wondering if after this weekemd Lombo will sit with sheet of paper and a pencil to explain every call he made was right... like Lynn in the past

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

That's like the captain of the Titanic admitting he screwed up...and then getting a NEW Titanic and doing the exact, same thing again...and again...

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Give him a participation trophy for honesty.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Oregon
                • Retirement
                • Send PM

I can't figure out who the nickname "TBilly" refers to or which "Johnson" is being discussed in this thread. Someone, please identify..........
                Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
                  I can't figure out who the nickname "TBilly" refers to or which "Johnson" is being discussed in this thread. Someone, please identify..........
                  TBilly and Johnson both refer to Tyron Johnson, who played very effectively for us in a limited role in 2020.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
                    Tyron Johnson, a guy with 22 career catches who is currently buried at the bottom of the Raiders receiving corp.. Somehow he is on his seventh team since 2019, despite being touted as some unicorn like receiver who had magical chemistry with Herbert.

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Tyron Johnson, a guy with 22 career catches who is currently buried at the bottom of the Raiders receiving corp.. Somehow he is on his seventh team since 2019, despite being touted as some unicorn like receiver who had magical chemistry with Herbert.
                      That Johnson had chemistry with Herbert is conclusively established by the fact that Johnson produced the highest passer rating for any qualifying receiver (at any position--WR, TE, RB) when targeted in the entire NFL in 2020.

Again, to make the point that much more obvious, for anyone thinking Joshua Palmer had an okay or better rookie season, Palmer produced 353 yards on 49 targets. Johnson produced 398 yards on only 26 targets.

And for those wanting to respond by stating that, of course, Johnson had more yards because he ran deeper routes, it is also the case that Johnson's reception percentage per target was significantly higher than Palmer's (76.9% versus 67.3%) despite Johnson running deeper, less likely to be completed routes.

Finally, Johnson accomplished what he did in only 12 games in 2020 versus 17 games for Palmer in 2021.

So, anyone claiming that Johnson was not all that good for us is guilty of some pretty inconsistent analysis if that same person also contends that Joshua Palmer is somehow a better WR. The stats prove otherwise and show that any such claims are pure horse manure.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Still waiting to hear why the unicorn keeps getting cut...

Comment

• Duck of Death
                          Social Piranha
                          • May 2022
                          • Flyover, USA
                          • Send PM

Not sure if this article has been posted here before, but I feel the author is very much over the target.

https://www.lafbnetwork.com/the-trut...ensive-issues/

Some paragraphs about Lombardi:

“It is clear by now that he is a B-level offensive coordinator. I think fans have an unrealistic view of how many consistently elite play callers there are in the NFL. There’s really only a small handful of them around. The vast majority of the league does not have one and therefore aims to have one that will shrink the margins and keep the ship afloat. (It’s a very similar world as the quarterback world.)”

“Fire Lombardi and you risk creating more problems, further disconnect, and a probable timeline where Herbert would have four different coordinators in his first four seasons. Firing a coordinator mid-season never works out in the way that fans want it to and it’s not like the Chargers have a budding young coordinator waiting in the wings that would be a clear upgrade over Lombardi. ...”

“For now, I would encourage fans to be patient. Despite the struggles, the offense is three or four plays away from hanging 30 on the Raiders and Chiefs in back-to-back weeks. It hasn’t always been super pretty but they have been able to move the ball and get in position to score touchdowns. Clean up some execution errors and they’ll be back to that same level.”
                          The Chargers' offense came up short against the Chiefs on Thursday night and that has left fans of the team searching for answers.

Comment

Working...
                          X