• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

This is my concern, Chargers focus only on his abdominal muscles........and doesn’t perform an abdominal ultrasound in order to rule out a spleen injury.
    I promise you Herbert will get a full work up. And an ultrasound is not the modality of choice to diagnose a splenic laceration. Instead he would need a CT scan (which would include chest, abdomen, and pelvis with IV contrast). CT scan is also gonna be more sensitive looking for rib fractures.

They probably did a chest X-ray on-site because they have an X-ray machine in the stadium. I doubt they have a CT scan in the stadium (although even that wouldn’t shock me, especially at a place like SoFi).

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Thanks for updating me. I didn’t read the game day thread but it’s good to know I wasn’t the only one who saw that or was imagining I saw Everett’s distress. If we all saw that, WTF are all those coaches doing on the sideline??? Jesus, there’s a coach for every damn position. Heads should roll in that organization over this.
      If you fired a coach every time someone messed up a call, you'd have no coaches left after any game. Yes I hated the rushed snap but that the hyperbole is a bit much.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The play reminded me of how the Seahawks blew the Super Bowl against NE. They were doing it to keep KC from getting into the right personel. It was a calculated risk. We were having great success with the change in tempo, and I assume that was some combination of Staley and Lombardi.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
          The play reminded me of how the Seahawks blew the Super Bowl against NE. They were doing it to keep KC from getting into the right personel. It was a calculated risk. We were having great success with the change in tempo, and I assume that was some combination of Staley and Lombardi.
          We had better success up until that play in this game than we did vs the Raiders. It has been a staple of a lot of successful teams but damn that one hurt!

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We had better success up until that play in this game than we did vs the Raiders. It has been a staple of a lot of successful teams but damn that one hurt!
            It did hurt.

But here’s my take away and attempt to be optimistic: if we are healthy, I no longer have any fear of KC. We are the better team. Now, I’m sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear about Herbert, Linsley, and Pipkins. The bye would be nice, but otherwise I don’t really care about the division. Just get us into the playoffs. Gimme a rematch in KC in January with a healthy Chargers team and we win.

One of my PAs is a Chiefs fan, and he sad last year he wanted no part of the Chargers in the playoffs. And that was last year’s team.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

It did hurt.

But here’s my take away and attempt to be optimistic: if we are healthy, I no longer have any fear of KC. We are the better team. Now, I’m sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear about Herbert, Linsley, and Pipkins. The bye would be nice, but otherwise I don’t really care about the division. Just get us into the playoffs. Gimme a rematch in KC in January with a healthy Chargers team and we win.

One of my PAs is a Chiefs fan, and he sad last year he wanted no part of the Chargers in the playoffs. And that was last year’s team.
              I would slow down.

Almost winning in KC in week 2 is much different than waltzing into Arrowhead or Buffalo or even Baltimore in January trying to get a playoff win with what would be a playoff-naive team, if they even get there. Regardless of Herbert's injury, I do not see them as a playoff team AT THIS POINT. Offense is really underperforming right now and minus some lucky breaks against the Raiders could easily be 0-2.

Let's reassess after Herbert's injury and a few more weeks.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I would slow down.

Almost winning in KC in week 2 is much different than waltzing into Arrowhead or Buffalo or even Baltimore in January trying to get a playoff win with what would be a playoff-naive team, if they even get there. Regardless of Herbert's injury, I do not see them as a playoff team AT THIS POINT. Offense is really underperforming right now and minus some lucky breaks against the Raiders could easily be 0-2.

Let's reassess after Herbert's injury and a few more weeks.
                I do see as a playoff team, assuming Herbert doesn't miss significant time. We could easily be 2-0 as well. We outplayed both the Raiders and Chiefs for most of both games. Cut down the mistakes (easier said than done with this team) and we will be fine.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Cut down the mistakes (easier said than done with this team) and we will be fine.
                  Well then they wouldn't be the Chargers at that point, they'd have to change their name to something else!
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Now, per uncannily accurate Dr. Chao, rib cartilage injuries are slow to heal, plus they do not show up on xrays.

Be concerned.
                    I've torn the cartilage between ribs, and it's excruciating to cough or sneeze, much less to get tackled by a professional football player.

IMO, though, the injury isn't any worse than torn cartilage, and *could* just be bruised ribs. Either way, he'll be fine, in time.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

I know it's week 2 but this has the makings of a season already starting to slip away.

Herbert injured, nobody knows how badly. How will it affect his throwing? Scrambling? Decision making?

OL injuries piling up.

Questionable play calling.

KA with a nagging hammy.

Seasons have been derailed for less.
                      Keenan has missed *one* game. That's nobody's definition of a "nagging injury".

Take a deep breath, and nut up.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I know it's week 2 but this has the makings of a season already starting to slip away.

Herbert injured, nobody knows how badly. How will it affect his throwing? Scrambling? Decision making?

OL injuries piling up.

Questionable play calling.

KA with a nagging hammy.

Seasons have been derailed for less.
                        You are overreacting. Trust me. Take a deep breath. In a few weeks after the Chargers are 4-1 you will look back on this post and realize you were overreacting.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You are overreacting. Trust me. Take a deep breath. In a few weeks after the Chargers are 4-1 you will look back on this post and realize you were overreacting.
                          He's a MD and a Charger Fan. Its his nature x2, lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X