Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    With that news, really doubt that the Chargers put in a waiver claim for T-Billy.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I have to watch a little more, but I read somewhere that Moore was really good on special teams. If so, he’s a keeper.
      According to Pro Football Reference, Moore played 5 special teams snaps against Houston, 17% (two other sources I checked don't show him taking any ST snaps). He had 4 snaps on offense and Herbert didn't throw to him once. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2/fantasy/2022

Bandy had 20 snaps on offense, was targeted twice, caught both for 49 yds receiving. He had 1 ST snap. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BandMi00.htm

So please help me understand why Moore is on the permanent roster and Bandy remains on the PS. I can't figure it out.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

According to Pro Football Reference, Moore played 5 special teams snaps against Houston, 17% (two other sources I checked don't show him taking any ST snaps). He had 4 snaps on offense and Herbert didn't throw to him once. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2/fantasy/2022

Bandy had 20 snaps on offense, was targeted twice, caught both for 49 yds receiving. He had 1 ST snap. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BandMi00.htm

So please help me understand why Moore is on the permanent roster and Bandy remains on the PS. I can't figure it out.
        6-3, 215, impressive college record may have something to do with it.
        Just a guess.
        Meanwhile 5-10 Bandy is on the active roster.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Headline: A grateful Myles Garrett aims to ‘change this game’ vs. Chargers and atone for Falcons loss in return from crash

Garrett suffered a sprained shoulder, an injury to his bicep and popped a blood vessel in his eye, when he rolled his 911 at 65 mph on Sept. 26, less than two weeks ago. He missed the Browns' game last week in Atlanta, when the Falcons rushed for 202 yards, most of it in the 2nd half.

Doesn't sound like he's 100 percent, and it won't be surprising if his snaps are limited tomorrow, or if he has to leave the game because he's not all the way back. I think Lombardi is going to try to run the ball tomorrow as much as he can. To that end, I really hope they activate Spiller.
          Rolls his car at 65MPH

= weak sauce

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

After 4 games with a rookie RG, one without our starting C, 1 Norton at RT, 1 Norton at LT, 2 with an injured QB?
            Small sample size doesn't leave room for OL scheme adjustment to level out.
            We should improve, No guarantees but if we can stabilize OL and pass pro, run blocking is next up.
            I think Feiler’s abysmal play has been the #1 reason our running game has sucked this year. Last year going left it was Linsley, Feiler, and Slater. Even before Slater went down, Feiler was playing terribly.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Let me know when you find out.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Headline: A grateful Myles Garrett aims to ‘change this game’ vs. Chargers and atone for Falcons loss in return from crash

Garrett suffered a sprained shoulder, an injury to his bicep and popped a blood vessel in his eye, when he rolled his 911 at 65 mph on Sept. 26, less than two weeks ago. He missed the Browns' game last week in Atlanta, when the Falcons rushed for 202 yards, most of it in the 2nd half.

Doesn't sound like he's 100 percent, and it won't be surprising if his snaps are limited tomorrow, or if he has to leave the game because he's not all the way back. I think Lombardi is going to try to run the ball tomorrow as much as he can. To that end, I really hope they activate Spiller.
                We need to pound that shoulder, smack his arm around. You know Garrett wants to bang on JH's injured ribs.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I think Feiler’s abysmal play has been the #1 reason our running game has sucked this year. Last year going left it was Linsley, Feiler, and Slater. Even before Slater went down, Feiler was playing terribly.
                  Terrible is a strong word in general. I agree he's had some bad plays. He can do better. I wish him well.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Vs Jax is evidence that we can totally eff a game up playing and trying to protect an injured Herbert. Scoring 10 pts, no TOP on offense, lots of 3 & outs left the D on the field most of the game and Jax had no reason not to run.
                    Vs Browns we SHOULD have some offense with JH mostly healthy. If we can take a lead and maintain offensive pressure, we got a shot.
                    Yeah but, when do we ever do that? By design or execution?

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Terrible is a strong word in general. I agree he's had some bad plays. He can do better. I wish him well.
                      He was terrible, and likely done.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                        Rolls his car at 65MPH

= weak sauce
                        Especially when it's a freaking Porsche 911, designed to hug the road. But looking a the pics, I think what happened is that he lost control for and went down an embankment sideways, which rolled the car. Happened to my li'l sis 40 years ago (not in a 911) and she didn't walk away from it.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

6-3, 215, impressive college record may have something to do with it.
                          Just a guess.
                          Meanwhile 5-10 Bandy is on the active roster.
                          Moore has been with the Chargers four years, rotating between the PS and the regular roster. He has five catches for 99 yds. If he had NFL talent it we would know it by now. He's a PS level player, and that is all he will ever be on the pro level. His size might help as a blocker, but they only put him the game for four offensive snaps.

Why would you keep a player on the roster who you hardly use, then give your PS player, who you only elevate on game days, five times as many snaps?

Comment

Working...
                          X