Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Absolutely fricken Hilarious!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      Chargers gave Salyer a ton of help today....as they should have.

I can't really tell much from Salyer's performance today.

Pipkens on the other hand was matched up against Clowney mano a mano and did a good job.
      I only saw the last 19 minutes of the game but sounds like Pipkins did well. Clowney is overrated but still it's good for Pip.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        Absolutely fricken Hilarious!

I feel for the guy. Really do. I get the feeling he would be much happier doing something - anything really - different than watching football on Sunday's. Smart guy but bad habit!

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

wait Gilman came in for Tranquill? Or did he come in over Nas?
          Alohi for the Nas, and.... was hoping Reeder would see the field @LB to help w/the two RBs.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
            wait Gilman came in for Tranquill? Or did he come in over Nas?

Gilman started instead of Adderley. Beachcomber is suggesting that maybe Reeder should be playing instead of Tranquill.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

The Chargers have an OL that is gelling into a top caliber unit, and its best player is on IR. Pipkins looks like he has really matured.

Joe Lombardi deserves a game ball. The Chargers got behind 14-0, but then scored 17 unanswered points.

They changed the blocking scheme for today's game - yes or no? Whatever they did nor didn't do, it's working. There was one play that the OL opened a hole so big for Kelley, that Kelley almost didn't know what to do.

Ekeler has scored 5 TDs in the last two games, after not scoring at all the first three games. He is tied for 4th in the league. Chubb currently leads with 7. Ekeler could easily lead the league in TDs scored again this season.

If the Chargers continue to build a solid running attack, the offensive will be nearly impossible to stop. To that end, I hope the coaches are as done with Michel as fans are, and they start activating Spiller for games. The Chargers running offense could become a three-headed monster with Ekeler, Kelley and Spiller.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                So now that we’ve fully explored the 4th down call decision, anyone want to talk about the other 59:50 of the game?

I posted some thoughts 20 ore more pages ago, they got lost in the coach-firing melee.

Salyer went from a data point to a trend. Dude is a stud - what a 6th rd steal!
                Kelley emerged, coaches seem to know he is the ALT to Eke. Good!
                Eke is a special special talent. another great game
                LBs are a weak link - bad instincts and guesses leading to bad positioning constantly
                JCJ not a good game until his late pass breakup
                I don’t believe in Palmer as much as i did. I want to see some Bandy
                Gutsy comeback after down 2 TDs. Guys played hard, won the 2nd half imo.
                Carter tackled again by the first cover guy downfield when he had 10 yards space to figure out how to evade even one guy Not impressed.
                Pipkin is a stud. Resign him.
                Parham was a ghost of a player out there. I saw he was there a couple times but he was invisible
                How about that placekicker!?!? Do we have a controversy?

3-2 is not a bad place to be. Feel good about Denver, their offense is atrocious and Wilson is banged up but likely will play. Their coach is a spaz.

whatcha got? Cmon - forget the non-punt, we already covered that.
                Good post and thanks for re focusing the convo. Agree with what you said about Ek and Kelley. It was very impressive to see this team run for 230 yards. That was rare and fun to see.

Herbert was great and obviously is feeling better and more comfortable even taking off running once or twice.

MW has been a beast and life saver for us. Really proud of how he’s playing after getting that contract.

I am convinced we are going to have a young OL that will grow together. Glad Pipkins came back in the game.

on the bad side. andre Roberts was far better than Carter returning kicks. Put Nas back there now that Alohi took his job. That pick by Alohi was a game saver.

jc Jackson is a bust who’s sucking $20m/year out of this team. That money could have been much better spent on Nwosu with plenty to spare. Vato is better and more deserving. Jc is getting special treatment because of what they paid for him. Bench him.

for gods sake let Bandy get some action. Palmer is giving us nothing

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

was personally guilty of anointing Salyer before he had showed out, and have been a fairly loyal supporter of Kelley, and despite his earlier woes, and.... just not as sure of Spiller as alot of all y'all are ??

and my apologies to Mr. Covington, as didn't real eyes he was so huge.... has he gotten heftier since last season ?? am going to retract/hold off on my Fehoko pregame commentary/recommendation.

do still think that if they saw fit enough to put Alohi in as a starter, that they could've @least found some minutes for Reeder ??

and we spread the ball a bit within the TE group, but not so much w/the wideouts ??

passes to the RBs worked.... did we hit our limit there ??

and know Kelley got 10 carries today, and.... would feed him even more, as want Austin around for post/later in the season.

TEs were ineffective.... a concern.... Palmer inefficient.... a consternation.

MW was (surprisingly) effective, and.... not sure giving Bandy and Carter a bit more targets wouldn't be a (really) good thing ??

and after the initial white hot start by Cleveland, our D was able to cool their big three, w/Chubb, Hunt and Cooper falling off a bit efficiency wise.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Gilman started instead of Adderley. Beachcomber is suggesting that maybe Reeder should be playing instead of Tranquill.
                    against a power running team like the Brownies, that wouldn't be a bad idea

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Adderly played like shit last week so going to Gilman appears appropriate.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Everett was a no show today.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I was begging for LBs this off season and the TPB brain trust said Staley’s defense doesn’t value them. We’re paying the price

Comment

Working...
                          X