Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fanatic
    Registered Chiefs Fan
    • Dec 2021
    • Southern California
    • Realtor
    • Send PM

Chargers can win this game but for injuries. Thats the issue. Injuries, injuries and more injuries. Not too many top QBs, including Mahomes, are going to win with their top two receivers out and a mash unit as back ups. Do Chargers rush their injured players back? KC has a give them an extra week or two approach.

If KC were missing Kelce it would be a different world for sure.

I hope the Chargers get Allen and Williams back for the KC game. Let the best compete against the best.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
      Chargers can win this game but for injuries. Thats the issue. Injuries, injuries and more injuries. Not too many top QBs, including Mahomes, are going to win with their top two receivers out and a mash unit as back ups. Do Chargers rush their injured players back? KC has a give them an extra week or two approach.

I hope the Chargers get Allen and Williams back for the KC game. Let the best compete against the best.
      You're a good man, Fan...the best vs. the best...what we all are hoping to see...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

His mechanics have regressed I think due to the injury. Much like a hitter in baseball that tweaks their swing due to an injury and goes into a slump or maybe does not hit for power like they used to until the injury is healed or they work it out over time.
        Since the injury, Herbie is slinging the rock sidearm...kind of like Rivers...

Comment

• Craig440
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

I liked your post because its fair. I think we can win despite the injuries if we come up with a tremendous game plan and execute.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Gotta set the right edge on def. I dont know if its Derwin/Van Noy/Murray gotta do it but someone needed bad. CMC will get yards coz he CMC. Deebo same. But 49ers play balanced football and i dont see Jimmy G making perfect throws all game vs ASj+ Vato and the boys. He will make mistakes and this could be the ball hawking game we need to increase their swagger.

Look for lots of "icy veins" and "flexes" from the squad. A big part of football is attitude and this secondary is gaining momentum.

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Since the injury, Herbie is slinging the rock sidearm...kind of like Rivers...
              I have noticed that as well. But its not his style like Rivers. I'm worried he will develop bad habits. But I worry about everything. It's my nana's fault. She started this worry gene.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Might help if Allen and Williams were healthy. The offense might be slightly different. They could use some speed on the outside though.
                And the goal is to win the games. So if dinking and dunking keeps the Chargers in these games and they figure out how to win them. who cares.
                NFL is about "what you do that week" to win that game
                I'll say it again - we finished that game without our LT1, RT1, WR1, WR2, WR4, TE2 and RB2 and Herbert just getting healthy. We have no speed at all on O. How the hell do people think we are going to be able to go deep much?

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'll say it again - we finished that game without our LT1, RT1, WR1, WR2, WR4, TE2 and RB2 and Herbert just getting healthy. We have no speed at all on O. How the hell do people think we are going to be able to go deep much?
                  I agree. We need to elevate Hightower if he is the speed. I don't know anything about him but we need someone to spread the field. Even if he can't catch which I would hope an NFL receiver could do, we need one WR with some blazing speed. We miss Guyton more than most think. I was a big Guyton fan. Just watch his highlights.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

OL is patchwork, but I think JH's ribs are probably well protected, and he's adapted well. No idea if he's still getting injected. He showed zip on some passes, and dropped a few dimes on ATL.
                    But he's still throwing 3/4 sidearm majority of time and getting balls batted down instead of his old healthy over the top motion, ribs either hurting or a mental block.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                      How the Chargers' offense is squandering Justin Herbert | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NFL on NBC

Good points. Basically Lombo calling plays as if Tyrod is the QB

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Good points. Basically Lombo calling plays as if Tyrod is the QB
                        If Lombo was a driver of a Formula 1 race car at the Indy 500, he'd putter along the track at about 40 mph...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

There is an air of contempt by Bay Area sports journalists about the Charger's organization.

I don't know how many times i've heard 'Chargering' this week....its not a compliment.

Comment

Working...
                          X