• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
    If I am an owner I would be worried that Herbert will not sign extension with this shitshow.

Spend on proven coach.

Funny thing I found this week is that the Steelers owners are the 32 out of 32 if we discuss wealth... Yea they are poorer than Spanoses.
    They are so poor they can only afford 1 decal per player helmet. A decal on both sides of their helmets would put the Steelers into bankruptcy.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

All indications appear to point to Staley remaining as head coach. Make of that what you will. As for me, I've had enough to divest even further from this team. Even Fox in the below article was quoted as saying "I mean, you’re always gonna feel it. You’re not really going to be over it." -- it'll take a hell of a coaching effort, philosophy change, personality adjustment, etc. to undo last night's loss, and it may not take just a season or two unless the faces coaching in the building change.
      A day after losing in nightmarish fashion to the Jaguars in the playoffs, Chargers players were adamant in their support of coach Brandon Staley.
      Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 01-16-2023, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Screenshot_20230115-221308_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
          All indications appear to point to Staley remaining as head coach. Make of that what you will. As for me, I've had enough to divest even further from this team. Even Fox in the below article was quoted as saying "I mean, you’re always gonna feel it. You’re not really going to be over it." -- it'll take a hell of a coaching effort, philosophy change, personality adjustment, etc. to undo last night's loss, and it may not take just a season or two unless the faces coaching in the building change.
          No surprise.

Best we can hope for is a new OC.

2023 lame duck year for everyone.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

I don't think SP is worth two 1sts and 2 seconds.

That would set this franchise back years with Herbert's deal pending.

Comment

• Florida fan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
              I don't think SP is worth two 1sts and 2 seconds.

That would set this franchise back years with Herbert's deal pending.
              Don’t think SP would have allowed this team to collapse in Second half. We already have a team that could go all the way if coached properly. Look what he did with sproles vs chargers.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Regardless of who you want (Payton, Harbaugh, anybody else), from this Los Angeles Times article I think it's clear Staley is not going anywhere, so we're pretty much wasting our time on the topic.

It is what is...

Coach Brandon Staley was in the building Sunday but didn’t speak to the media. He held exit meetings with players, a task he likely wouldn’t have taken on if controlling owner Dean Spanos intended to fire him.

Staley was outcoached Saturday, and not for the first time. But would it further the development of superstar quarterback Justin Herbert to play for a third coach in four seasons, starting with Anthony Lynn in Herbert’s rookie season? Is Sean Payton worth a salary rumored to be around $10 million a year in addition to the draft picks the Chargers would have to give up to get him out of the rest of his New Orleans Saints contract?

It’s easy to picture the Chargers keeping Staley but dismissing offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi, whose stagnant playcalling was a key reason they struggled to score in the second half of games throughout the season. Firing Lombardi also would serve notice to Staley that his time to learn from his mistakes is over, and that he must take the Chargers deep into the playoffs next season or he will be gone too.

If it were up to players, Staley would keep his job. Fox said he’s “supremely confident” in Staley for keeping them together while they went through a minefield of injuries. Safety Derwin James Jr. said he’d happily endorse Staley if asked by team executives.

“Hell, yeah. Definitely. That’s my guy,” James said. “I feel like he’s put a lot into it and a lot of guys believe in him in the locker room. I definitely believe in him and he’s going to get it right.”

Herbert harmonized with the chorus.

“We believe in coach Staley and the front office 100%. Everyone would be lucky to have a coach like Staley,” Herbert said. “He’s been an incredible leader. He’s got the respect of everyone on our team.

“He’s genuine. He’s himself and we believe in him, and he’s been the same person the past two years. It didn’t go our way this year, but we took a big step forward and we believe in this coaching staff, this team, we’ve got the right pieces, we’ve just got to put them together. We’ve got to execute better.”

A day after losing in nightmarish fashion to the Jaguars in the playoffs, Chargers players were adamant in their support of coach Brandon Staley.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                  Regardless of who you want (Payton, Harbaugh, anybody else), from this Los Angeles Times article I think it's clear Staley is not going anywhere, so we're pretty much wasting our time on the topic.

It is what is...

Coach Brandon Staley was in the building Sunday but didn’t speak to the media. He held exit meetings with players, a task he likely wouldn’t have taken on if controlling owner Dean Spanos intended to fire him.

Staley was outcoached Saturday, and not for the first time. But would it further the development of superstar quarterback Justin Herbert to play for a third coach in four seasons, starting with Anthony Lynn in Herbert’s rookie season? Is Sean Payton worth a salary rumored to be around $10 million a year in addition to the draft picks the Chargers would have to give up to get him out of the rest of his New Orleans Saints contract?

It’s easy to picture the Chargers keeping Staley but dismissing offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi, whose stagnant playcalling was a key reason they struggled to score in the second half of games throughout the season. Firing Lombardi also would serve notice to Staley that his time to learn from his mistakes is over, and that he must take the Chargers deep into the playoffs next season or he will be gone too.

If it were up to players, Staley would keep his job. Fox said he’s “supremely confident” in Staley for keeping them together while they went through a minefield of injuries. Safety Derwin James Jr. said he’d happily endorse Staley if asked by team executives.

“Hell, yeah. Definitely. That’s my guy,” James said. “I feel like he’s put a lot into it and a lot of guys believe in him in the locker room. I definitely believe in him and he’s going to get it right.”

Herbert harmonized with the chorus.

“We believe in coach Staley and the front office 100%. Everyone would be lucky to have a coach like Staley,” Herbert said. “He’s been an incredible leader. He’s got the respect of everyone on our team.

“He’s genuine. He’s himself and we believe in him, and he’s been the same person the past two years. It didn’t go our way this year, but we took a big step forward and we believe in this coaching staff, this team, we’ve got the right pieces, we’ve just got to put them together. We’ve got to execute better.”

What a beta organization all the way from owner and GM down to the HC and starting QB.

2023 is already DOA.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm taking it very serious as I'm leaving if Dean + John continue on the same line.
                    Do you think Kroenke puts his trophy case where Spanos has to walk by it every day to get to his office?

I've already said in multiple threads that if there aren't drastic changes made this week, I'm out of here. Done. Why waste my time and energy supporting an organization that has no interest in winning? Staley is a loser. Lombardi is a loser. That guy who pretends to be our defensive coordinator that I don't even recall his name? He's a loser, too. Telesco? Loser.

The rest of you guys want to wait around for the Great Pumpkin to show up, be my guest. But it ain't happening under Tom Telesco & Brandon Staley, that much is a certainty. I'll find another team with greater odds than 0%.
                    Last edited by captaind; 01-16-2023, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Do you think Kroenke puts his trophy case where Spanos has to walk by it every day to get to his office?

I've already said in multiple threads that if there aren't drastic changes made this week, I'm out of here. Done. Why waste my time and energy supporting an organization that has no interest in winning? Staley is a loser. Lombardi is a loser. That guy who pretends to be our defensive coordinator that I don't even recall his name? He's a loser, too. Telesco? Loser.

The rest of you guys want to wait around for the Great Pumpkin to show up, be my guest. But it ain't happening under Tom Telesco & Brandon Staley, that much is a certainty. I'll find another team with greater odds than 0%.
                      At least we had a nice 24 hours of a head coaching change pipedream after the game.

Now back to reality.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                        SLAM DUNK!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • East County San Diego
                        • Bolt fanatic
                        • Send PM

Trade Joey Bosa to the saints for Payton
                        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I feel like this too but I know I won’t ever quit. I’ll suffer through the dark times in frustration and die unfulfilled as a football fan.

you have to make a move on Payton or else your an absolute shit owner. The dude covets the job. Staley is not the next McVay clearly and he is a mediocre coach making mistakes and learning on the job that you can tell stop making so many 4th down chances and he will say yessir !
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X