• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If he doesn’t turn Wilson around, then he’ll probably retire again given Denver’s cap and draft situation.
    He will go down as the GOAT HC if he can win the AFC away from Mahomes and Reed considering the CAP hell and lack of top draft picks Denver has.

I think DeMeco Ryan recognized how hard the division opponents are, the empty draft board, and salary cap straitjacket and said no way in hell am I going there.

Perhaps Payton is back on Vicodin and looked no further then the $$$$$$.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

That’s assuming Evero stays as DC.
      They’ve got the players whether he stays or not.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Wilson today is not faintly close to the Wilson of 4 or 5 years ago. The years of pounding have taken a massive toll on him. They have a little cap space at $12 million and 4 draft picks this year (3rd, 4th, 5h and 6th round). Could take a while for Payton to rebuild.
        OL coach will be the key hire.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I don't expect A) sound decisions, B) concrete moves to win a championship C) or championships or titles of any kind until Dean Spanos sells the team after the conclusion of the 2025 season (which he has stated his intent to do).

There will be three more years of this, meaning closer to the basement than the division lead. Those are my full and complete expectations for Dean Spanos, Thank you.
          Well, time might not be on MY side, but as far as QBs in the AFC west go, it’s definitely on Herbert’s side, he’s the youngest of the QBs in the division and should take command of this division after we get ‘real’ owners who can actually compete with these wealthier teams, reid isn’t coaching forever and wilson is older…the future of the AFC west should run thru LA if we can get better ownership…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What did we see on Sunday ?
            Dlines decided both games.

DEN depleted DL depth by trading Bradley Chubb for the pick that got them Payton. They have to scramble to deal with RWilson's cap number going forward.

KC drafted risky and unwisely at OL + invested in a very expensive Thuney. Reddick and company will destroy ORT Wiley and very expensive OLT OBrown.

Both teams. After all their other genius moves. Will fail.

Meanwhile LAC has Staley on his third year, with an accelerated learning curve. We have professionals managing our cap, and are positioned just fine.

Cherrypicking facts works both ways.
            Dont agree with you on the Chiefs, they are staying on top because of Reid and Mahomes, but also because they are killing the last two drafts. We waste a mid round pick on a RB plug every year that doesnt compliment Ekler. Chiefs go out and grab Pacheco in the 7th round, a fast back with huge upside as he gets experience. Their other 7th round pick beat the Chargers with a pick 6 while he was filling in at starting CB

As for their OL drafting, not sure the problem with stealing Trey Smith in the 6th round. From the same draft, many already consider Creed Humphrey the best center in the game in his 2nd year.

Their GM is killing it. Remember how they were going to falter this year after losing Hill and the rest of the AFC West beefing up ?

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
              8-8 when it matters, the playoffs. You don't win in the regular season.

His Super Bowl season was under one the years he was intentionally paying bonuses to injure players.

Are we, Chargers fans, really criticizing a coach for an 8-8 playoff record????
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What did we see on Sunday ?
                Dlines decided both games.

DEN depleted DL depth by trading Bradley Chubb for the pick that got them Payton. They have to scramble to deal with RWilson's cap number going forward.

KC drafted risky and unwisely at OL + invested in a very expensive Thuney. Reddick and company will destroy ORT Wiley and very expensive OLT OBrown.

Both teams. After all their other genius moves. Will fail.

Meanwhile LAC has Staley on his third year, with an accelerated learning curve. We have professionals managing our cap, and are positioned just fine.

Cherrypicking facts works both ways.
                I know the Eagles are going to smoke the Chiefs. Doesn't change the fact the Chargers went 2-4 in the division and the division just got inarguably more difficult.

2023 AFC West Standings - 1) Chiefs 2) Broncos 3) ? 4) ?

Same as it has ever been because it all comes down to ownership. Every. Single. Time.

AFC West.png

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They’ve got the players whether he stays or not.
                  Funny how that works for other teams but not us.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Dont agree with you on the Chiefs, they are staying on top because of Reid and Mahomes, but also because they are killing the last two drafts. We waste a mid round pick on a RB plug every year that doesnt compliment Ekler. Chiefs go out and grab Pacheco in the 7th round, a fast back with huge upside as he gets experience. Their other 7th round pick beat the Chargers with a pick 6 while he was filling in at starting CB

As for their OL drafting, not sure the problem with stealing Trey Smith in the 6th round. From the same draft, many already consider Creed Humphrey the best center in the game in his 2nd year.

Their GM is killing it. Remember how they were going to falter this year after losing Hill and the rest of the AFC West beefing up ?
                    Chiefs have plenty of misses/failures to retain.

I expect Creed vs PHI IDL to be more of a big, big problem for KC.

Mahomes will still have limitations.

Count officiating crews in KCs depth.

How long can Mahomes to Kelce sustain ?

That is really the only question in the AFCW.

Otherwise it is up for grabs and we are in the hunt.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Look we never were going to hire Sean Payton. Never 20 million a season the Spanos weren’t gonna pay that.

so that sucks he’s in the division.

I would never give a 1st round pick for a coach or a third round. I didn’t like the Gruden trade draft compensation. I get the 5th and 6th round compensation.

for getting Herbert a top offensive coach coordinator to maximize his talents I think we are doing that. It’s perfect that doesn’t have to give up a third round pick. That doesn’t have to be a 1st round pick.

Sean Payton. We can still get that high scoring offense with a head coach is qualified. The next Sean Payton. The next Sean Mcvay. Kellen Moore. I think we did that in hiring Kellen Moore.

where Denver fucked up they should’ve just hired Kellen Moore.

but now they have to fix Russell Wilson.

I like what we did hiring Kellen Moore. We got a guy who Justin Herbert is comfortable with.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Maybe I’ll be wrong and Payton turns the Broncos around like Reid did with the Chiefs. But until then, I reserve the right to loled at their team and FO for what happened.

You might laugh but I see a championship organization that sees the value of trying to have excellent coaching and isn't afraid to go after it.

If Hackett has been our HC, Spanos would have given him an extension.

On days like this, the stark contrast between the Chargers and the better-run organizations couldn't be more clear.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

We all acknowledge that we're number 2 so long as we can't beat KC. Or prove that we can win the division.
                          Yet, somehow, Denver is absolved from proving anything.

Fearspeak. Do not engage.
                          Last edited by 21&500; 01-31-2023, 05:11 PM.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X