• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and even if they do get their 5, wouldn't surprise me if Cincy has a flush nonetheless, and KC is still holding the straight flush....
    Great point.

So far - and I get there is still the draft - but the offseason has been pretty "meh"
    They are counting on two things
    1) better health
    2) different coaching

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Great point.

So far - and I get there is still the draft - but the offseason has been pretty "meh"
      They are counting on two things
      1) better health
      2) different coaching

Given there are only what 45 players active for any game this is pretty big. We were pretty banged up last year including our QB. Getting a couple more weapons for offense and a healthy Herbert will pay the most dividends.

Basically the equivalent of a Brain transplant for us.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Look man - you've made your point (many times) that you think those of us that don't feel as optimistic as you about the upcoming season (or further down the road) are fools, and are to be looked down on and pitied for their dire outlook on life. That schtick's getting old.

I've made many posts outlining my concerns about the direction of the team's going - no need to rehash those here. No-one is being forced to agree with me, and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. I'm NOT hoping the team fails - you understand? I want them to succeed, (even if I have to sport whatever nasty avatar you've got picked out for me), but I'm allowed to question the decisions made and the direction the team's going without losing my 'fanhood' or having to put up with snide comments. I'm still (and always will be) a Charger fan - for good or ill, It doesn't mean I agree with everything the team does.

Can we move on to the draft and just put the optimist / pessimist thing to bed please? We're going to find out who was right in short order anyway.
        So have you, my good brother. I repeatedly reply to repeated posts, who’s at fault here? I didnt mention the word “fan” and I never said you don’t want them to succeed -thats QS as he publicly posts it frequently. He’s a bitter burn the village to save the village guy. I don’t even think you’re a hard-line doomsayer here, you show sensible balance quite often.

I am a hardline “Pollyanna”, to embrace the most negative description of optimism that is most often posted here. I’m a chip and a chair guy, not bothered by the intended disparagement. there’s plenty of reason to believe we are not “out” of 2023, much less worry about 2024 and beyond now. The last SB came down to a small handful of plays that could have gone either way, quite fortuitous to KC. Our loss in the playoffs, acknowledging we SHOULD HAVE WON, also just came down to needing one more play.

We haven’t even seen the 2023 KC, Phil, Buf, or Cincy squads on the field yet, I’m just not throwing in any towels in April.

And my good man - I wouldn’t force you to wear any avatar you didn’t personally embrace - i love you for you. That was someone else’s bet.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

2021 too, just needed one more play to sink LV. And really, I don’t expect that play to come from the D, one big play for them is just the loss of one down for the O. We gotta score more points is all.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Budda Baker wants out of Ariz. He's the same age as Derwin but has been in the league longer and I think is a bit better than Derwin, especially in run support. He's under contract through 2024 and costs less than Derwin.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              2021 too, just needed one more play to sink LV. And really, I don’t expect that play to come from the D, one big play for them is just the loss of one down for the O. We gotta score more points is all.
              It takes all 3, O, D & STs to play decent or better. Anyone can screw it up.
              Just remember, the top teams are loaded on O and it's easier to beat their D than the other way around.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Budda Baker wants out of Ariz. He's the same age as Derwin but has been in the league longer and I think is a bit better than Derwin, especially in run support. He's under contract through 2024 and costs less than Derwin.
                Man I remember the 2017 draft. I wanted Budda so bad with our 2nd round pick and he ended up being drafted a few spots before we picked. The 2017 draft really exposed TT as being someone who really needs to up his game with his picks! I hope TT has a much better draft his time around!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Chargers 2017 draft class slotted as top-10 in NFL (usatoday.com)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I'd sign Bryce before drafting anyone.... for my six,
                    Not sure i would. Made it thru last season with no injury for a change. Is he due to be injured again? I think they are waiting to sign him til after the draft if they dont address it and if he is gone, he is gone. IDK but the lack of urgency is kind of telling for him and Van Noy. They are option #2's apparently. Its anyones guess.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      His cap hit this season is 16.87 mil. We cant afford him. He isnt cheaper than Derwin whose cap hit this season is over 7 mil less at 9.1 mil.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

His cap hit this season is 16.87 mil. We cant afford him. He isnt cheaper than Derwin whose cap hit this season is over 7 mil less at 9.1 mil.
                        And he's not better than Derwin James.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

This is a joke?

In retrospect, they drafted top 10 and ended up outside the top ten in that one.

Mike Williams, Rashawn Jenkins, Desmond King and backups.

It was an average draft, which gets reduced to below average based on their drafting position.
                          They passed up on some studs at #7.

Comment

Working...
                          X