• Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

and DC

I get the logic completely for how 2023 >>> 2022, the analysis is solid. But its not going to change any of the "wait and see" guys, They trusted and loved and then they were hurt, and its not the first time either. they were told 2022 SB contender, the team ended up barely WC, and then alas it then fell flat on its face in that WC game. it happens, but its hard to take.

Now - they are just not going to be first to say "i love you" again. The team will have to give them a warm tender reach-around first. until both balls are caringly cupped, they are just not getting on board.

Now yer gettin it . . . . . . . and they better do the Jergen's hand softening treatment before hand - I don't appreciate chafe . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

and DC

I get the logic completely for how 2023 >>> 2022, the analysis is solid. But its not going to change any of the "wait and see" guys, They trusted and loved and then they were hurt, and its not the first time either. they were told 2022 SB contender, the team ended up barely WC, and then alas it then fell flat on its face in that WC game. it happens, but its hard to take.

Now - they are just not going to be first to say "i love you" again. The team will have to give them a warm tender reach-around first. until both balls are caringly cupped, they are just not getting on board.
      thats funny

and if need be, will plead guilty.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Man I watched this video and a couple of things really stood out to me.

Everett looks awesome, I don't know why everyone was so gung ho on getting a TE this offseason.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about how solid Palmer is? He's a baller.

Deandre Carter. We're going to have QJ and DD filling those shoes. Man I think our offense is going to be flat out dynamic.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

He played well for Staley at the Rams.
          He was good enough to get his contract. I haven't scouted all of his play - its an honest question: is he a guy to bring in?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I believe this registers as a -0.7 on the Richter Scale.

Uncontrollable... urge... to... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Goodgawdamighty, how many weeks until camp?!?
            yeah, this is a shitty signing but so was Covington and Davidson, I was hoping we could pick up Keanu benton in this past draft but matlock was a nice pick up in the 6th, we should be better in the interior once otito and Austin get back...but in the 2024 draft they need to consider an IDT in the first couple of rounds...also looking forward to seeing if Clark turns into anything, as far as I know they gave him more guaranteed money than another UDFA in charger history...

this williams guy might not even make the team if one of the two injured guys is able to return early, he's fucking 33 years old for fucks sake, come on man!
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Everett looks awesome, I don't know why everyone was so gung ho on getting a TE this offseason.

Deandre Carter. We're going to have QJ and DD filling those shoes. Man I think our offense is going to be flat out dynamic.

Answering for myself - You need two solid TEs, we only have one.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Chargers will regret not getting one of these premium TE’s out of 2023 class. Kincaid should absolutely blow up with Josh Allen, see no reason he wouldn’t also blow up with Justin. Other two premium talents Mayer, LaPorta, Musgrave all could have been trade down targets that would have netted extra 2nd day talent. Hell I’d been satisfied with Washington in 3rd. Not seen enough from McKitty, also a 3rd. Green Bay loads up with two when there is a position of need, let them battle it out, pull starter and back-up in one draft. Kraft is different (blocking TE) Musgrave deep threat, but could develop into Gronk bigger than life character.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

This makes no sense to me. This team is loaded.

hear me out on this.

if you guys really evaluate Football so much is put on the punt game. Field position pinning teams on thier own 20 or 10 especially in the playoffs with teams like the Bills and Chiefs.

We are in a conference division with AJ Cole Punter Raiders Tommy Townsend Chiefs. These are two pro bowl level players.

I don’t know how y’all feel about our punter.

but a guy Matt Azzaira from San Diego State is on the street. Basically they call him Ray Guy. He’s Ray Guy level. I look at all positions. The patriots do it Bill Bellicheck.

why not get a opportunity to get a perennial pro bowl player at Punter and make our roster complete at every position super bowl level.

legal off field. Cleared of all rape Charges at San Diego State.

so why don’t they sign him. You’ll get him at a cheap reduced rate. He’s an innocent man. Telesco Spanos sign the guy.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

He was good enough to get his contract. I haven't scouted all of his play - its an honest question: is he a guy to bring in?
                    On the right terms, yes.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Chargers will regret not getting one of these premium TE’s out of 2023 class. Kincaid should absolutely blow up with Josh Allen, see no reason he wouldn’t also blow up with Justin. Other two premium talents Mayer, LaPorta, Musgrave all could have been trade down targets that would have netted extra 2nd day talent. Hell I’d been satisfied with Washington in 3rd. Not seen enough from McKitty, also a 3rd. Green Bay loads up with two when there is a position of need, let them battle it out, pull starter and back-up in one draft. Kraft is different (blocking TE) Musgrave deep threat, but could develop into Gronk bigger than life character.
                      I was a fan of the TEs in the draft but the UCLA kid we signed looks interesting, plus the other 5 TEs, KM should make it work.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Laporta is gonna be a pro bowler. He looks like Kittle.

My Quarterback this Justin Herbert is great. Look at our guy our Franchise Quarterback at rookie camp with Quentin Johnston. I’m telling you. These two are going to be like Burrow and Chase. He’s already getting familiar with him.

He’s a leader. He’s got a 200 million contract that he’s negotiating. Could be like you know what I’ll be at home. Nope Herbert out here building a super bowl.

hurry up and pay him. He deserves every penny of it. Herbert is a Charger.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          Laporta is gonna be a pro bowler. He looks like Kittle.

My Quarterback this Justin Herbert is great. Look at our guy our Franchise Quarterback at rookie camp with Quentin Johnston. I’m telling you. These two are going to be like Burrow and Chase. He’s already getting familiar with him.

He’s a leader. He’s got a 200 million contract that he’s negotiating. Could be like you know what I’ll be at home. Nope Herbert out here building a super bowl.

hurry up and pay him. He deserves every penny of it. Herbert is a Charger.
                          I only understood 1/3 of that but i think i agree!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X