• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

Kendricks is way, way better than Tranquill in run defense. But Drue is vastly superior in pass coverage. Polar opposite players in their strengths.

Hope the exchange works out, but teams are going to target Eric K in their passing game.
    I'd prefer team passing on Chargers def than running it down their throats, Its built to defend the pass

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Once we drafted Derwin James, it didn't make any sense to keep Adrian Phillips... plus we had Rayshawn Jenkins... I'm sure that you would agree that we upgraded with Derwin over Adrian Phillips.

My big point is this... most people want to only remember the negative.
      It's a misery-loves-company kind of thing.

When reality is... there is a lot to be optimistic about. I don't think I've ever seen a better roster... and I've been a fan since 1975. We didn't get this way by letting all of our stars go... without replacing them or upgrading. We've actually been very good at drafting and bringing in FA's. But most are too swaddled in despair to recognize it.
      I agree. Our roster this year is very good and stacked. Sorry guys for opening a can of worm about ex-chargers players.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

Kendricks is way, way better than Tranquill in run defense. But Drue is vastly superior in pass coverage. Polar opposite players in their strengths.

Hope the exchange works out, but teams are going to target Eric K in their passing game.
        I disagree, Kendricks is also good in coverage. The Jaguars ran short pass patterns all over the middle in that playoff game. Tranquill was targetted over and over in that game.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

I wonder if today it'll be announced that Lemon Hall cleared waivers and he goes on the IR much like meslop did? If I recall correctly if you place a guy on IR in the preseason without exposing him to waivers then he is not eligible to return until the playoffs, otherwise if on IR they are eligible to return after like week 6 or something, right? meslop will probably endue on the PS at some point, but Hall has played in 18 regular season games on defense over the last two years so if injuries come up he would be an important depth piece that knows Staley's scheme well...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I'd prefer team passing on Chargers def than running it down their throats, Its built to defend the pass
            I'd like to see us defend the run....and pass. We are not a playoff team if we are not at least NFL average at both.
            We were a top pass D. Players added, coaching changes are intended to make our run D better without taking anything away from our pass D
            Saints will be interesting.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Bosa, Mack.
              Time to feast.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Bosa, Mack.
                Time to feast.
                Ouch! I can't cheer for anyone getting hurt. BUT? Mia looks easier for us.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Armstead had been a prized FA acquisition.
                  This parallels us losung Slater last year.
                  Tua's durability comes into play.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I can't root for this either, I feel bad for him, his family, and the dolphins fans, it's bad enough that they have to see Herbert in action knowing that he should've been their QB...but rejoicing when people get hurt, even on the fucking raiders, it's just wrong IMO...don't bring the bad the bad karma around to us please, charger fans don't root for opposing players getting hurt...that's a different fan base...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I can't root for this either, I feel bad for him, his family, and the dolphins fans, it's bad enough that they have to see Herbert in action knowing that he should've been their QB...but rejoicing when people get hurt, even on the fucking raiders, it's just wrong IMO...don't bring the bad the bad karma around to us please, charger fans don't root for opposing players getting hurt...that's a different fan base...
                      In no way do I ever root for injuries or celebrate them, regardless of circumstances.

And we are the team of Lights Out and JWall.

Armstead's injury was reported as news item.

wu is not bush league.

Miami invested in Armstead, and they have lots of skill player contract needs to reckon with.

'Nuff said.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                        Ugh.... We deserve this article....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-2023-preview
                        Show me.

Show me you’re not going to do the same shit you do year in and year out.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

As for Quentin Johnston, he’s WR4 until he shows he can catch the damn ball.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X