Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Fucking A. We just got a LOT better.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Practice is against NO today. Today this team gets better. I’m looking forward to Pop’s report.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

bad news for Moa, Hinton, and Clark...with SJD, Johnson, Fox, and Mattlock all locks to make the team that leaves only one permanent and one temporary spot (until Otito returns) on the roster...so two of those guys are going to be outside looking in, it's a good problem to have and hopefully they end up on the PS but something tells me both Clark and Hinton will get looks from other teams, Moa is more of a journeyman so he might be safe on the PS even though he is probably most solid one in the bunch at this time, but he doesn't have the upside the clark does, neither doesn't Hinton...Me? I would keep Clark and Hinton in the fold until otito comes back, then resign Moa to the PS and once Otito returns I'd try to get Hinton to the PS too...all of these guys are a real nice upgrade over what we had in gaziano, fehoko, merrill, and company in recent years...

what are the odds that the chargers move Austin Johnson in trade to clear cap and roster space before cutdown? Him getting activated could be a tryout for other teams to see if he's healthy and worth sending the chargers a low 6-7 round pick...there might be teams wanting or needing upgrades on their D-line and the chargers might be interested in keeping the younger less expensive guys in Clark and Hinton around for the future, IDK
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

I'm with you, I never wish anyone to get hurt either. But the chances of us doing better against Mia are a little more do able.
          Of course - we never want our players or the opposing players to be hurt. That being said - if a player from the Dolphins has to be hurt this season, missing game 1 against the Chargers and playing against Denver, KC and the Raiders is better than playing the Chargers and missing one game against the other teams in the AFCWest

But seriously- the Chargers should be wanting to play the other teams best and prepare to play with Wilkins and everybody ready to go. Beat them head to head, straight up, no excuses

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

bad news for Moa, Hinton, and Clark...with SJD, Johnson, Fox, and Mattlock all locks to make the team that leaves only one permanent and one temporary spot (until Otito returns) on the roster...so two of those guys are going to be outside looking in, it's a good problem to have and hopefully they end up on the PS but something tells me both Clark and Hinton will get looks from other teams, Moa is more of a journeyman so he might be safe on the PS even though he is probably most solid one in the bunch at this time, but he doesn't have the upside the clark does, neither doesn't Hinton...Me? I would keep Clark and Hinton in the fold until otito comes back, then resign Moa to the PS and once Otito returns I'd try to get Hinton to the PS too...all of these guys are a real nice upgrade over what we had in gaziano, fehoko, merrill, and company in recent years...

what are the odds that the chargers move Austin Johnson in trade to clear cap and roster space before cutdown? Him getting activated could be a tryout for other teams to see if he's healthy and worth sending the chargers a low 6-7 round pick...there might be teams wanting or needing upgrades on their D-line and the chargers might be interested in keeping the younger less expensive guys in Clark and Hinton around for the future, IDK
            Do we keep 5 or 6? Okoye is a Charger even if we move him to PS? I like Clark in the 53. TIto stays PUP 'till we have to move him to IR.
            12 days to make up our minds.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
              Do we keep 5 or 6?

Keeping 5 rather than 6 allows the Chargers to keep a 4th RB (along with Horvath, who Popper says is a roster lock as a special teams player).

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Keeping 5 rather than 6 allows the Chargers to keep a 4th RB (along with Horvath, who Popper says is a roster lock as a special teams player).
                I count 2 QB, 4 RB, 1 FB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 8 OL (25)
                6 DL, 5 edge, 4 LBs, 5 CBs, 5 S (25)
                3 ST (P, K, LS) T 53

Not saying that's it but that's my guess. What is your count?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Do we keep 5 or 6? Okoye is a Charger even if we move him to PS? I like Clark in the 53. TIto stays PUP 'till we have to move him to IR.
                  Now we all know that Twitter - or X is the voice all truithful data -- but if what somebody is reported is true, the Chargers have the rights to Okoye for two years without putting him on the PS. Which - if true is a good thing because it would nice to use this as a redshirt year almost. Granted, I would think to activate him - thats another story. The first game sack notwithstanding, probably could use a lot of reps.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

I count 2 QB, 4 RB, 1 FB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 8 OL (25)
                    6 DL, 5 edge, 4 LBs, 5 CBs, 5 S (25)
                    3 ST (P, K, LS) T 53

Not saying that's it but that's my guess. What is your count?

I think 9 OL is safer. And, looking back at the last few seasons, the Chargers always go with 9 OL to start the season:

2020: RG Trai Turner, RT Bryan Bulaga, T Sam Tevi, C/G Dan Feeney, G/T Forrest Lamp, C Scott Quessenberry, T Tyree St. Louis, T Storm Norton (XFL), C/G Cole Toner

​2021: LT Rashawn Slater, LG Matt Feiler, C Corey Linsley, RG Oday Aboushi, RT Bryan Bulaga, T/G Brenden Jaimes, C Scott Quessenberry, T Storm Norton, T Trey Pipkins

2022: G Matt Feiler, C Corey Linsley, G Zion Johnson, T Trey Pipkins, T Storm Norton, G Brenden Jaimes, G/T Jamaree Salyer, C/G Will Clapp, T Foster Sarell

These are from the 53-man roster after the final cutdown. They do usually make some adjustments before the first game, but not usually to the OL.
                    ​
                    ​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I think 6 D-linemen...This isn't necessarily what I would do but it's a possibility that they might do this,

QB 3
                      RB 4
                      FB 0
                      WR 6
                      TE 4
                      OL 9
                      That makes 26 bodies on offense...
                      DL 6
                      Edge 4
                      LB 5
                      CB 5
                      S 4
                      That makes 24 bodies on defense...
                      Then the last 3 bodies are the STs guys...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

It's funny how things go out of sight, out of mind. I just saw an article that reminded me that Van Noy AND Callahan are still available. I thought both did great jobs for us.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

I think 9 OL is safer. And, looking back at the last few seasons, the Chargers always go with 9 OL to start the season:

To add to that, they've had five DL twice and 6 DL once in the last three seasons in their initial 53-man roster:

2020: Linval Joseph, Jerry Tillery, Justin Jones, Cortez Broughton, Damion Square (5)

2021: Linval Joseph, Jerry Tillery, Justin Jones, Forrest Merrill, Christian Covington (5)

2022: Austin Johnson, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Jerry Tillery, Otito Ogbonnia, Morgan Fox, Breiden Fehoko (6)

​

Comment

Working...
                          X