• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    The Chargers are projected to be an 8 win team this coming season in an article I just read, the Chiefs are projected to win 11 games. If this is how it goes down, and I sure hope it doesn't... Well you know the rest. I guess I'll respect my elders and heed their advice and not rock the apple cart.
    Thats crazy, reading the comments here we will not win one game. Let alone 8. I mean there is no way we can win even vs. the Donkeys, they have Payton who will call plays, run the offense and play QB for them. The Raiders with their new all pro QB who has never missed a game in his career will throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's against us each game. 0-17 here we come!

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Thats crazy, reading the comments here we will not win one game. Let alone 8. I mean there is no way we can win even vs. the Donkeys, they have Payton who will call plays, run the offense and play QB for them. The Raiders with their new all pro QB who has never missed a game in his career will throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's against us each game. 0-17 here we come!
      Well realistically speaking the schedule looks tougher next year than the one we just had. However there are caveats.

Miami- Tua injury. If he's playing and at a high lever this game becomes that much more difficult
      Jets- Rodgers or no Rodgers makes a big difference and who will he be throwing to? Outside of that the Jets D is pretty stout
      Baltimore- Lamar or no Lamar. These guys always play us tough, but with Lamar they are that much better.

One thing for sure we can't go 2-4 in our division and expect to make the POs. The way I see it IF the three above have their QBs
      it will be another struggle to get to 10 wins. This assumes some injuries but nothing like last year.

And lets remember FA and draft and post draft UDFA is not over yet. So we don't even know what the roster will look like come
      September. Some huge issues: Jackson and Ekeler.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

I'm all for an 17-0 season however I'm hoping for a 10 to 11 win season with some playoff wins and Staley proves he's a good coach in this league as opposed to a HC that comes off like he knows everything about everything in regard to the NFL and speaks after games in his pressers like its everyone else's fault but his as to why they got beat.

If things go south I would have no problem with let's say Jim Harbaugh coming off a national Championship taking over here and cleaning house and putting a system in place with a new GM that builds a team that could go deep in the playoffs. If you look at the teams in the NFL with the QB's like Herbert winning the first playoff game year after year is usually a given IE see the Chiefs and Bills and Bengals. We should be the same kind of team at this point, as opposed to beating 1 team with a winning record and being a one and done team.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

I hope this doesn't come off as too pessimistic but this is the first thing the Chargers players should watch before this season starts before anything! This guy knows what he's talking about!

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I hope this doesn't come off as too pessimistic but this is the first thing the Chargers players should watch before this season starts before anything! This guy knows what he's talking about!

https://youtube.com/shorts/d3Az6raiRk8?feature=share
            I'll take my rare buffalo tenderloin with a grain of salt.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

https://youtube.com/shorts/d3Az6raiRk8?feature=share
              So, are you thinking we have a team of players that don't eat meat and that's causing a health problem? I find it to be a very interesting thought. It's so opposite of what the health guru's tell us. My wife is a "health nut". She eats stuff I never heard of and avoids medicine like they are all poison. I'm the opposite - feed me meat, potatoes and bread and nothing else and I'm happy as can be. She's 88 and very healthy and she still looks good. I'm 87 and I have several health problems, so that may indicate the health nuts are correct. However, I never had any health problems until I reached my late 70's.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

My Mom n Pops are 81 and 76 both eat meat n veggies and my Mother still smokes cigarettes has since she was 12.Both picture of health.Alot of factors into each individuals health.Side note my middle daughter is a vegetarian and the only one in the house who gets sick regularly even those she does multiple sports as a senior in high school and seems fit.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  My Mom n Pops are 81 and 76 both eat meat n veggies and my Mother still smokes cigarettes has since she was 12.Both picture of health.Alot of factors into each individuals health.Side note my middle daughter is a vegetarian and the only one in the house who gets sick regularly even those she does multiple sports as a senior in high school and seems fit.
                  Your mom has smoked 64 years with no health issues? How long does a pack last? Sounds improbable in the extreme if she smokes a pack a day.
                  I'm from the 40's when damn near every adult and most teenagers smoked. Nearly every family I knew had one or more deaths as a consequence emphysema or lung cancer.
                  I don't want to call anyone a liar or speak ill of your mom. I do hope everyone knows that long term smoking with no ill effects is as rare as buying an old book and finding an original draft of The Declaration Of Independence in it.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

0-17 would be awesome. It would guarantee that Staley/Telesco would be history. Would signal a total rebuild, too. Maybe - but not likely - the Span-Asses will FINALLY see the light and change the losing model. Aging stars...see ya. Overpriced players...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Prima donnas...need not apply. A chance to be the Phoenix and rise from the ashes!

P.S. This post was made mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

0-17 would be awesome. It would guarantee that Staley/Telesco would be history. Would signal a total rebuild, too. Maybe - but not likely - the Span-Asses will FINALLY see the light and change the losing model. Aging stars...see ya. Overpriced players...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Prima donnas...need not apply. A chance to be the Phoenix and rise from the ashes!

P.S. This post was made mostly tongue-in-cheek.
                      Are you kidding me? They would probably make a statement that they're keeping him because he just can't miss with drafting on the #1 pick!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        I smoked from age 12 to 62 and I have lung cancer and emphysema. Don't be fooled, smoking does cause health problems.

By the way, my first wife, a heavy smoker, died at 62 from lung cancer.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I smoked from age 12 to 62 and I have lung cancer and emphysema. Don't be fooled, smoking does cause health problems.

By the way, my first wife, a heavy smoker, died at 62 from lung cancer.
                          I smoked from age 12 to 42. Pack a day (or more) Camel regulars. I quit cold turkey for all of us, wife, 2 young sons and me. My dad died at 65 w emphysema/ heart attack. He was connected to a respirator for several years. Quitting tobacco was tough. I had nightmares where I woke up with the taste and smell on me, thinking I had broke. Nope. It took years before I felt normal as a non smoker. It wasn't my 1st try but was my last. Thank God. It's a terrible addiction. Ulysses S Grant defeated the Confederates, saved the US from slavery but was a slave himself to cigars and died of respiratory disease.

Comment

Working...
                          X