• Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Don't think Joey was, could be wrong. That was a hellva game Mack put up though.
    The Raiders doubled Tuli all game

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

I was in the pregame thread, just spitballin'...and while rummaging around in my dusty closet of a mind, a thought tumbled out...I have been trying to put my finger on why Herbert seems to be backsliding a bit, injuries not withstanding, and I had an epiphany...

Say what you want about Lynn...but in his first year, whenever Herbert came off the field, Lynn was telling him what he did wrong...and in practice the next week too...and Ill bet even when he did well, Lynn was like "thats great kid...BUT..." and would expand on what he thought he could do better...and what happened? Herbert churns out possibly the best rookie QB season, outside of wins and losses, in NFL history.

Year 2, new coach, wants to impress, another really good year, amazing plays, crazy superman throws...but Staley is starting to praise the kid like he is the second coming...and the slide starts...

Look...I dont know the kid...never met him, obviously...but through watching him on the field and at the pressers, his body language, demeanor, how he talks...I dont think this kid is comfortable with all the sugar, all the over the top accolades and hero worship....I think he NEEDS a coach to be in his face when he jacks up...and telling him how he can do it better, even when he does well...in short, I think he has been mishandled....

This kid is ultra talented, and I think he can lead on the field...but I think he still needs a demanding and critical leader above him...and not a fluffer like Staley has been...Moore likely hasnt been in his grill either...hopefully we can get someone to coach this team, who wont kiss this kids ass...my gut tells me Herbo would like that...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        I was in the pregame thread, just spitballin'...and while rummaging around in my dusty closet of a mind, a thought tumbled out...I have been trying to put my finger on why Herbert seems to be backsliding a bit, injuries not withstanding, and I had an epiphany...

Say what you want about Lynn...but in his first year, whenever Herbert came off the field, Lynn was telling him what he did wrong...and in practice the next week too...and Ill bet even when he did well, Lynn was like "thats great kid...BUT..." and would expand on what he thought he could do better...and what happened? Herbert churns out possibly the best rookie QB season, outside of wins and losses, in NFL history.

Year 2, new coach, wants to impress, another really good year, amazing plays, crazy superman throws...but Staley is starting to praise the kid like he is the second coming...and the slide starts...

Look...I dont know the kid...never met him, obviously...but through watching him on the field and at the pressers, his body language, demeanor, how he talks...I dont think this kid is comfortable with all the sugar, all the over the top accolades and hero worship....I think he NEEDS a coach to be in his face when he jacks up...and telling him how he can do it better, even when he does well...in short, I think he has been mishandled....

This kid is ultra talented, and I think he can lead on the field...but I think he still needs a demanding and critical leader above him...and not a fluffer like Staley has been...Moore likely hasnt been in his grill either...hopefully we can get someone to coach this team, who wont kiss this kids ass...my gut tells me Herbo would like that...
        I think you hit on it - he needs to be coached and maybe he has not been getting good coaching. He probably continues to need to be pushed to be better. I have read that Belichick, in weekly film to the team, was tougher on Brady than anybody. The theory being, if coach can yell at Tom, player 1 of 53; he can yell at every other player, practice squad, waterboy, yard marker guy, everybody.

Just watching last night - Daboll and Vrabel with Devito and Levis - how good coaching at the head coach position, matters. Yes, you need good coordinators but it starts with the head coaching position. Look at Detroit - sure Ben Johnson may be a good OC - but he succeeds because Dan Campbell is a good head coach.

The Spanii and Telesco, not sure who - but they were so stupid to not pick Daboll. The team would be much better with everything the same - players, injuries, everything

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think you hit on it - he needs to be coached and maybe he has not been getting good coaching. He probably continues to need to be pushed to be better. I have read that Belichick, in weekly film to the team, was tougher on Brady than anybody. The theory being, if coach can yell at Tom, player 1 of 53; he can yell at every other player, practice squad, waterboy, yard marker guy, everybody.

Just watching last night - Daboll and Vrabel with Devito and Levis - how good coaching at the head coach position, matters. Yes, you need good coordinators but it starts with the head coaching position. Look at Detroit - sure Ben Johnson may be a good OC - but he succeeds because Dan Campbell is a good head coach.

The Spanii and Telesco, not sure who - but they were so stupid to not pick Daboll. The team would be much better with everything the same - players, injuries, everything
          I agree with all ^^^. I was impressed with Vrabel last night. They made mistakes but didn’t crumble. He was aggressive but not too much like Staley. Is it just me or the Titans plays on O are more fluid and well executed. Same with the D. They were playing fast and wants to win. I wish the Bolts had the same energy against the Donks

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree with all ^^^. I was impressed with Vrabel last night. They made mistakes but didn’t crumble. He was aggressive but not too much like Staley. Is it just me or the Titans plays on O are more fluid and well executed. Same with the D. They were playing fast and wants to win. I wish the Bolts had the same energy against the Donks
            I would trade a draft pick for Vrabel - probably a higher pick than even for Hoodie. Not a first - especially this year - but a 3rd rounder - in a heartbeat. Granted, TN is not that stupid.

Comment

• PowderBill
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

I am totally amazed that the Chargers have not already made moves withe useless front office and coaching staff. Players checking out, season lost QB injured and regressing, fans checking out etc., and more losses coming.
              what a classic mismanaged clusterscrew this team has become.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PowderBill View Post
                I am totally amazed that the Chargers have not already made moves withe useless front office and coaching staff. Players checking out, season lost QB injured and regressing, fans checking out etc., and more losses coming.
                what a classic mismanaged clusterscrew this team has become.
                Yep. It's easy to realize how the Spanos clan have generated such loathing in the Bolt community. Obtuse and self-serving, two of their qualities that come to mind. There's always some hope that the NFL machine will put some pressure on them to get their act together, the NFL can get pretty creative when the reputation of its product is at stake. Until that time, try and keep the faith. By seasons end, Bowers could be within our reach!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Have they activated Duggan yet?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Have not been a big fan of the "shoulda been Daboll" debate...but then again, I have to concede, I think that type of personality at HC might be an ideal fit for Herbert...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Have not been a big fan of the "shoulda been Daboll" debate...but then again, I have to concede, I think that type of personality at HC might be an ideal fit for Herbert...
                      You are right, the "woulda coulda" is a useless debate. But in this case, it seemed like such an easy hire: the experience, working with a QB similar physically to Allen, the fact that Telesco and Daboll had similar paths from the Buffalo area - it was all right there. And Staley, along with Joe Brady, were my least favorite choices just based on such limited experience - and yet, here we are.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Have they activated Duggan yet?
                        Post of the day.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          In a recent PFF/33rd Team round table, no one, including the opinionated former Eagles front office executive Joe Banner, had ANY answers re the Chargers.
                          ZERO.
                          We’re the Chargers. We stump everybody.

Comment

Working...
                          X