Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

This all sounds like gobbly-goop to me.

The only people who say, "Oh no... here we go again" are some Chargers' fans... see the Game Day Threads. Most of the current players weren't even born yet when Fouts threw 5 interceptions vs the Oilers... or in high school when Marlon McCree didn't just take a knee. They don't remember these things; nor do they care to look back on these things. Only fans do this! Maybe it's the fans that aren't mentally tough. Maybe it's the fans that should grind all the way to the end... Players don't miss blocks, or false start, or throw their helmet... because they don't want to offend or upset anyone...

Name one player or coach you think are in it for the wrong reason... They train year-round, rehab from ruptured tendons, spend half the year away from their families, expose their bodies to debilitating violence for 17 weeks in a row... Holy crap! Leadership... LOL!​
    There’s a lot of fans right here that aren’t mentally tough. They display their fragility as a badge of honor. Literally proud of their cowardice.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Remember a TO on downs in that game ...

Turnover on Downs

(6:02) (Shotgun) J.Herbert pass short left to D.Carter to MIA 2 for no gain (K.Kohou).​

Six points in the second half !
      Last edited by Maniaque 6; 04-03-2023, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

There’s a lot of fans right here that aren’t mentally tough. They display their fragility as a badge of honor. Literally proud of their cowardice.
        Ummm . . . . . . . not sure what this means?? Forum members with opposing viewpoints are 'cowards'?

Clarify please . . . . . .

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm sorry, I shouldn't say anything about your pessimistic post. It's your opinion and you are entitled to look at it that way.

To answer your question, I felt very let down after that Jax game but I decided to look at it as a lesson that will help them the next time.

I'll try to refrain from commenting on your posts from now on.
          No apologies, and trust me I would praise the Chargers until the cows came home if it was justified. All my posts are not pessimistic either.... But what was that line in that Tom Cruise court movie, "This guy makes me want to beat the shit out of someone. With the Chargers it sure felt that way after the Jags game! If Staley has the right stuff and they get a win or 2 in the playoffs I'll be one happy camper, but until then let's face it, We. Just. Don't. Know. if this coach and staff with these players can turn the corner or not?

PS I once felt the way you did about looking at seasons as a lesson that will help them the next time, after the Chargers got beat in the Superbowl! The next season there were no lessons learned and soon Boss Ross got fired.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tyreek wasn't hurt. He played 67% of the snaps.
            He had 4 others games with less than 67%.

The fact is, Tua was awful because the defense confused him. He completed only 10 passes in 28 attempts. Tyreek caught 4 of them, one a big play. Waddle caught 2.

Might want to give the team some credit. They don't have a great track record vs Miami.
            I give the team credit for beating a team with a winning record, but you're wrong Tyreek got hurt in that game and was on the sidelines for a lot of the plays down the stretch with a wrap on. What if he would of played let's say 75% of the snaps at a 100%? Who knows but you're right the Chargers pulled out the win and made the playoffs.

Tyreek Hill was responsible for two of the Dolphins' few highlights in Sunday night's loss to the Chargers, but he didn't come away unscathed.

Hill was limited down the stretch, staying on the sideline while the Dolphins attempted to trim their deficit to one possession late in the fourth quarter.

Miami was competitive only because of Hill's heroics. He fortuitously recovered a Jeff Wilson Jr. fumble in the second quarter and ran 57 yards for the Dolphins' first touchdown. Later, he toyed with a defender on a 60-yard touchdown reception.

MORE: Herbert shines, Chargers improve playoff odds with win over Tagovailoa's Dolphins

Hill has been at the center of the Dolphins' offensive explosion this season. He entered Week 14 as the NFL's leading receiver. He was targeted 10 times in the loss to the Chargers, but his absence in a key moment creates concern about his availability going forward. Tyreek Hill injury update

The Dolphins announced at the start of the second half that Hill was questionable to return with an ankle injury, but he was back on the field for Miami's first offensive snap of the half and scored a touchdown minutes later.

It wasn't clear exactly when Hill suffered the injury, but he was seen getting his ankle and shin retaped on the sideline throughout the second half.

Hill was sidelined when the Dolphins were driving down the field while trailing 23-14 late in the fourth quarter. Miami settled for a field goal and then lost after an unsuccessful onside kick.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...132o2neyjolc2g

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Ummm . . . . . . . not sure what this means?? Forum members with opposing viewpoints are 'cowards'?

Clarify please . . . . . .
              Not you, of course, no - of course not. But other guys here openly say they can’t have any hope in a future team until after the team wins because past teams have just hurt them too much. They talk endlessly about this past painful trauma and how it shades any view to the future. They are proud of it, ironically unaware. They won’t get any hopes up because they don’t want their hopes let back down.

thats different than just saying “i think the team isn’t good” or “coach is a hack” etc. I tell ya, some of our brothers are shell shocked, PTSD scarred and scared,

you really don’t read any of those posts? Huh … well, ok. Let me just retract that statement then.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I give the team credit for beating a team with a winning record, but you're wrong Tyreek got hurt in that game and was on the sidelines for a lot of the plays down the stretch with a wrap on. What if he would of played let's say 75% of the snaps at a 100%? Who knows but you're right the Chargers pulled out the win and made the playoffs.

Tyreek Hill was responsible for two of the Dolphins' few highlights in Sunday night's loss to the Chargers, but he didn't come away unscathed.

Hill was limited down the stretch, staying on the sideline while the Dolphins attempted to trim their deficit to one possession late in the fourth quarter.

Miami was competitive only because of Hill's heroics. He fortuitously recovered a Jeff Wilson Jr. fumble in the second quarter and ran 57 yards for the Dolphins' first touchdown. Later, he toyed with a defender on a 60-yard touchdown reception.

MORE: Herbert shines, Chargers improve playoff odds with win over Tagovailoa's Dolphins

Hill has been at the center of the Dolphins' offensive explosion this season. He entered Week 14 as the NFL's leading receiver. He was targeted 10 times in the loss to the Chargers, but his absence in a key moment creates concern about his availability going forward. Tyreek Hill injury update

The Dolphins announced at the start of the second half that Hill was questionable to return with an ankle injury, but he was back on the field for Miami's first offensive snap of the half and scored a touchdown minutes later.

It wasn't clear exactly when Hill suffered the injury, but he was seen getting his ankle and shin retaped on the sideline throughout the second half.

Hill was sidelined when the Dolphins were driving down the field while trailing 23-14 late in the fourth quarter. Miami settled for a field goal and then lost after an unsuccessful onside kick.

Player injuries matter, i agree

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

His one big play came when he allegedly had a sore ankle. We had a good plan for Miami and Tua was terrible. Did i mention he was 10 of 28?

Hill healthy or sore Ankle caught 4 of 10.
                  Don't care that he recovered a fumble.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tyreek wasn't hurt. He played 67% of the snaps.
                    He had 4 others games with less than 67%.

The fact is, Tua was awful because the defense confused him. He completed only 10 passes in 28 attempts. Tyreek caught 4 of them, one a big play. Waddle caught 2.

Might want to give the team some credit. They don't have a great track record vs Miami.
                    The Miami game may have been the most enjoyable game of last season.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Miami game may have been the most enjoyable game of last season.
                      People forget how well our defense was clicking down the stretch...we got caught sleeping vs the Jags...thought we had it in the bag, offense let us down, Jags exploited rookie Jasir when Davis went down...

A little healthier, the defense will be much better...

But as much as I like Staley...he cannot let this team go to sleep like that again...should be helpful with an OC not named Lombardi, also...coulda/shoulda put that game away in any one of 4 or 5 drives...didnt even need to score...just get a couple first downs...

Geez, what am I doing? Now Im pissed all over again, lol...
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Forum members with opposing viewpoints are 'cowards'?
                        And go through life in the worst possible way. You know, we're depressed; have shitty lives; now, we're cowards. Skid Row would be a move up for us. Pollyannas of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your pomposity! LOL!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

People forget how well our defense was clicking down the stretch...we got caught sleeping vs the Jags...thought we had it in the bag, offense let us down, Jags exploited rookie Jasir when Davis went down...

A little healthier, the defense will be much better...

But as much as I like Staley...he cannot let this team go to sleep like that again...should be helpful with an OC not named Lombardi, also...coulda/shoulda put that game away in any one of 4 or 5 drives...didnt even need to score...just get a couple first downs...

Geez, what am I doing? Now Im pissed all over again, lol...
                          don't forget our new superstar DC too, he "Ain's" gonna let that happen this year

I blame Hill. and Lombo. and anyone else who left the org.

Comment

Working...
                          X