• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

And something I've asked myself several times, to be honest. It's hard to let go. The Chargers are the only sports team - professional or otherwise - that I root for (or against ). My only hope for this team - as it was in the Ryan Leaf Era, when I championed for the Leaf-led Chargers to implode in the hopes that real change would take place (and it did) - is that somehow the blind squirrel Span-Asses will actually stumble upon a nut. I don't have faith in Telesco; I think Staley is in over his head. There's a part of me that thinks that the proverbial light bulb will go off in at least one of the Span-Ass brains (if they have any) and they'll shift gears to a better, finally-successful model. Probably a fool's hope, as you say.

A question from me to you and others who feel similarly: Why do YOU support the team, when you as much as admit that "nothing will ever change"? Do you experience that much enjoyment watching one episode of 'Chargering' after another? That's what puzzles me. Why isn't everyone as mad as I am?
    You root against them? Huh, interesting.

you are mad. Mad is not a good way to go through life. It’s … well … sad?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

A question from me to you and others who feel similarly: Why do YOU support the team, when you as much as admit that "nothing will ever change"? Do you experience that much enjoyment watching one episode of 'Chargering' after another? That's what puzzles me. Why isn't everyone as mad as I am?
      I don't look at it like you do. You are very down on Team Spanos and who can possibly argue that? I choose to root for the team in spite of them, not because of them. I don't think the team is as devoid of talent as you and have hope that Staley keeps growing as a HC. He kept the team together last year when most teams would have imploded and we made the playoffs. Yes, we gagged in mind boggling fashion - but we were also one play away from advancing to the next round of the playoffs.

My dad had season tickets for 15 years when I was a kid and I had my own for 28 years until they moved to LA so I have literally either been to or watched every Charger game for the past 52 years. I renewed my tickets the season after they went 1-15. Rooting for a playoff team is a dream compared to those dark years. I am an SDSU grad. My wife and I love to watch Aztec football and basketball games. I know the odds are very, very slim they'll ever win a national championship, but I root for them anyway. And we are in the Sweet 16 - shock the world!

Cubs fans had to wait 108 years to win a world series. Red Sox fans had to wait 86 years. That is literally multiple generations of fans that never had a team to cheer for that won a championship. Should they have abandoned their teams because their owners couldn't build a championship team? Or should they enjoy the ride? I prefer to enjoy the ride especially when rooting for a playoff team, which, in my optimism I think we are again this year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Fans . . . . . short for Fanatics
        There’s a suppressed balance in you I can sense and feel, a ray of hope trying to pierce that protective shield. I’m not giving up on you., you’re worth it! Hugs?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Feel bad for yourself, you're the one who thinks the Chargers are heading in the right direction.

And I have to LOL! when you try and spin - unsuccessfully - a colossal, nearly historic, collapse in the WC game last year into a valiant 1-pt loss. Good game, Chargers! You took it right to the wire. Tough loss. LOL! LOL! LOL!

dmac...you are an amusing fellow. You, alone, make posting negative shit about the Chargers well worth it.
          I feel they COULD … thats enough. I’m a chip and a chair type guy, i don’t quit before the first whistle is blown. And If they don’t this time, we’ll try again.

It’s still a 1 pt loss, at the buzzer. It wasnt good, i never said it’s was. You want epic collapse, go watch the last Bills playoff game again. They shit their pants running out of the locker room then spent 60 minutes just rubbing it around their thighs.

the sun’ ll come up … toooooomorrow … bet yer bottom dollar that tomorrow …

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

It's simple, this team is exciting.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You root against them? Huh, interesting.

you are mad. Mad is not a good way to go through life. It’s … well … sad?
              I root against them at times - as in the Ryan Leaf Era - because mediocrity is not enough, in many cases, to warrant change. Owners like the Span-Asses just don't get it. They keep doing the same thing, hoping for a different result. What's that definition of insanity again? With 7-9 win seasons, it can be reasoned that "Next year is our year!" Only it's not. Followed by another 8-10 win season, with the same result. If the team were to catastrophically fail, however, that MAY be enough to push even the brain-dead Span-Asses into action; an impetus to change the model - the same model that hasn't worked since they bought the team.

Am I mad? In this tiny corner of my life, yes, I am mad. It's tough being a 'Cubs' fan.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I root against them at times - as in the Ryan Leaf Era - because mediocrity is not enough, in many cases, to warrant change. Owners like the Span-Asses just don't get it. They keep doing the same thing, hoping for a different result. What's that definition of insanity again? With 7-9 win seasons, it can be reasoned that "Next year is our year!" Only it's not. Followed by another 8-10 win season, with the same result. If the team were to catastrophically fail, however, that MAY be enough to push even the brain-dead Span-Asses into action; an impetus to change the model - the same model that hasn't worked since they bought the team.

Am I mad? In this tiny corner of my life, yes, I am mad. It's tough being a 'Cubs' fan.
                I never said you were insane, not sure why you throw that straw man around as a shield from the actual discussion. You love the Chargers and you hate the Chargers. I don’t suffer from a similar cognitive dissonance. To me, thats a shit way to go through life, regardless of how small a part of life it is. I gotta be a grown up and make a decision and then take the appropriate next steps, not spend all of my days wailing and wallowing that I don’t like my options.

I made my call - I’m a big fan. Same call I had to make after they moved to LA. No looking back, decision made, it’s onward. I have never seen in my life any human enterprise that I agree 100% with anything on, LAC is no different. But I am optimistic because it is a good team and nobody knows whats in store. If it were a bad team, I’d still be their fan but recognize they aren’t ready yet to win. My impression is you’re not a fan, you’re an ex-fan who hangs around out of spite to bitch about how you were let down.

its not tough being a cubs fan. It’s easy - it’s just a fucking game. Be a fan, stop making it about you. Whats tough is to continue to follow a team you’re not a fan of anymore and complain the team isn’t good enough to deserve you as a fan. If they aren’t enough to deserve you, the next step should be obvious to you - but it’s not. Hence your constant anger and bitterness. You’re living it the tough way, I’m livin’ easy. You should release yourself from the torment imo. Either come back around or just let go.

Wait for the next owner group, be it a year or 10, and then come back.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I really like this team, especially now when they are taking a shot at greatness. HC that coached the #1 defense 3 years ago, OC that coached the #1 offense 2 years ago. Elite QB, very good OL, WRs, 2 Very good Edge, good DL, ILB, Elite SS, very good CBs. Very good STs.
                  WE aren't perfect but we're pretty damn good and have gotten better W-L each year with Staley. I can't wait to get through the draft, start OTAs. We get to see them coming together, especially Moore's offense.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

I never said you were insane, not sure why you throw that straw man around as a shield from the actual discussion. You love the Chargers and you hate the Chargers. I don’t suffer from a similar cognitive dissonance. To me, thats a shit way to go through life, regardless of how small a part of life it is. I gotta be a grown up and make a decision and then take the appropriate next steps, not spend all of my days wailing and wallowing that I don’t like my options.

I made my call - I’m a big fan. Same call I had to make after they moved to LA. No looking back, decision made, it’s onward. I have never seen in my life any human enterprise that I agree 100% with anything on, LAC is no different. But I am optimistic because it is a good team and nobody knows whats in store. If it were a bad team, I’d still be their fan but recognize they aren’t ready yet to win. My impression is you’re not a fan, you’re an ex-fan who hangs around out of spite to bitch about how you were let down.

its not tough being a cubs fan. It’s easy - it’s just a fucking game. Be a fan, stop making it about you. Whats tough is to continue to follow a team you’re not a fan of anymore and complain the team isn’t good enough to deserve you as a fan. If they aren’t enough to deserve you, the next step should be obvious to you - but it’s not. Hence your constant anger and bitterness. You’re living it the tough way, I’m livin’ easy. You should release yourself from the torment imo. Either come back around or just let go.

Wait for the next owner group, be it a year or 10, and then come back.
                    You misunderstood, again. The Definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. I was referring to the Spanos Era. I never said that you said I was insane, so read what I post more closely the next time before indicting me. And I'm not shielding anything; you're the one who said I lived a sad life (LIFE, not that minuscule part of my life that's the Chargers), so that's part of the discussion, IMO. If you're constantly having to back down from what you post, then maybe you think twice or three times before you post something. Or maybe you should just stop reading my posts altogether. I don't give a shit either way.

So glad to hear that you're living your life easy, by the way. Pat yourself on the back much? Maybe you should be a Life Coach, inspiring others to be better human beings over something as stupid as football.

As for the team, I expect more. Sorry, I have higher expectations than you. You appear to be satisfied - or have talked yourself into being satisfied - with the status quo. So 'fans' like you are part of the problem, IMO. You have no anger. Everything the team does is OK by you. Making excuses for each new failure. The other team was lucky! (Every time we lose to the Chiefs) We only lost by one point! (Even though we blew a 27-point lead). There's always next year! (Because I accept the current year's failures as I have every year). You're a hopeless Pollyanna. And Pollyannas, generally, just take it up the ass without complaining. Accept who YOU are and move on. You might also spend less time stalking me and my posts since I obviously upset you, or you're obsessed with me, so much. Just put me on Ignore, for Chrissakes.

There is one thing you said that I agree with (will wonders never cease?): I *should* just toss the Spanos-led Chargers into the toilet until that day that they sell the team, if that day ever comes. Because the team is broken, and nobody with any power to change things knows how to fix it, despite what you think.

You are an exhausting little Pollyanna, you know. Hugs, my ass.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

You misunderstood, again. The Definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. I was referring to the Spanos Era. I never said that you said I was insane, so read what I post more closely the next time before indicting me. And I'm not shielding anything; you're the one who said I lived a sad life (LIFE, not that minuscule part of my life that's the Chargers), so that's part of the discussion, IMO. If you're constantly having to back down from what you post, then maybe you think twice or three times before you post something. Or maybe you should just stop reading my posts altogether. I don't give a shit either way.

So glad to hear that you're living your life easy, by the way. Pat yourself on the back much? Maybe you should be a Life Coach, inspiring others to be better human beings over something as stupid as football.

As for the team, I expect more. Sorry, I have higher expectations than you. You appear to be satisfied - or have talked yourself into being satisfied - with the status quo. So 'fans' like you are part of the problem, IMO. You have no anger. Everything the team does is OK by you. Making excuses for each new failure. The other team was lucky! (Every time we lose to the Chiefs) We only lost by one point! (Even though we blew a 27-point lead). There's always next year! (Because I accept the current year's failures as I have every year). You're a hopeless Pollyanna. And Pollyannas, generally, just take it up the ass without complaining. Accept who YOU are and move on. You might also spend less time stalking me and my posts since I obviously upset you, or you're obsessed with me, so much. Just put me on Ignore, for Chrissakes.

There is one thing you said that I agree with (will wonders never cease?): I *should* just toss the Spanos-led Chargers into the toilet until that day that they sell the team, if that day ever comes. Because the team is broken, and nobody with any power to change things knows how to fix it, despite what you think.

You are an exhausting little Pollyanna, you know. Hugs, my ass.
                      Lol, you’re an adorable crotchety crank. You’re hysterically absolutist, you amusingly relish in hyperbolic affronts, i can only chuckle at how exhausting that must be for you. I feel happy from our exchanges, you remind me how great life and Charger fandom is.

now let’s get that hug on now before you leave - I insist!

John Krasinski Hug GIF by The Office

Comment

• LarryAW
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't look at it like you do. You are very down on Team Spanos and who can possibly argue that? I choose to root for the team in spite of them, not because of them. I don't think the team is as devoid of talent as you and have hope that Staley keeps growing as a HC. He kept the team together last year when most teams would have imploded and we made the playoffs. Yes, we gagged in mind boggling fashion - but we were also one play away from advancing to the next round of the playoffs.

My dad had season tickets for 15 years when I was a kid and I had my own for 28 years until they moved to LA so I have literally either been to or watched every Charger game for the past 52 years. I renewed my tickets the season after they went 1-15. Rooting for a playoff team is a dream compared to those dark years. I am an SDSU grad. My wife and I love to watch Aztec football and basketball games. I know the odds are very, very slim they'll ever win a national championship, but I root for them anyway. And we are in the Sweet 16 - shock the world!

Cubs fans had to wait 108 years to win a world series. Red Sox fans had to wait 86 years. That is literally multiple generations of fans that never had a team to cheer for that won a championship. Should they have abandoned their teams because their owners couldn't build a championship team? Or should they enjoy the ride? I prefer to enjoy the ride especially when rooting for a playoff team, which, in my optimism I think we are again this year.
                        Same. I decided I wasn't going to let Spanos take the Chargers away from me.

BTW, pissed-off there was no 2019-2020 Tournament - #2 seed; 30 - 2

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Lol, you’re an adorable crotchety crank. You’re hysterically absolutist, you amusingly relish in hyperbolic affronts, i can only chuckle at how exhausting that must be for you. I feel happy from our exchanges, you remind me how great life and Charger fandom is.

now let’s get that hug on now before you leave - I insist!
                          You must have a lead a very simple, Pollyanna-ish existence, having to stalk this 'crotchety crank' around cyber-space to make yourself feel better. I consider that my good deed for the day. And just think: Your life will be so much happier to know that I'm not leaving! LOL! Too much Chargering to comment on in the coming months. Gotta have some balance, ya know. Reality bites. And the truth hurts.

Comment

Working...
                          X