• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

If they do end up trading down Brian Thomas Jr is an option and might be he best fit for a Harbaugh offense anyway. Best deep threat in the draft IMO. He is pretty much a more agile DK Metcalf with the same height and speed. Looking at the receivers Baltimore drafted when Roman was there they love the speedy guys.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The X receiver is simply a wideout on the LOS. There will be two of them this year... as we mostly go 12-personnel with Greg Roman's offense. The X receivers will be QJ and JP. Either could play in the slot (Y) when the Chargers go 3-wide receiver sets. QJ will be used on quick slants and drags plenty. But his real value will be long shots after play-action fakes. This is the way Roman/Harbaugh like to go. These will be the opportunities for Herbie to use his strong arm. To make any of this possible, the Chargers will have to run the ball first. Harbaugh and Roman have both stated that to help Herbie... you actually have to be a threat to run the ball. Indeed, Herbie's best year came when the Chargers were actually good at running the ball (2021) when they averaged 4.3 ypc.

The slot (Y) receiver will actually be the receiving TE (Hurst). On occasion, I expect to see DD in the slot. He'll be the guy getting bubble screens and jett sweeps.

IMO, Harbaugh/Roman will know how to use QJ to his abilities... where Moore had him doing things he wasn't accustomed to. And for those that forgot that Joshua Palmer had 72 receptions in Keenan's absence...
      video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
      You sound like Staley trying to sell me a Cadillac when it’s really a Dodge Dart. On blocks, lol.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
        If they do end up trading down Brian Thomas Jr is an option and might be he best fit for a Harbaugh offense anyway. Best deep threat in the draft IMO. He is pretty much a more agile DK Metcalf with the same height and speed. Looking at the receivers Baltimore drafted when Roman was there they love the speedy guys.
        There are too many good options at 11 that I can't see any 1 player justifying 5 overall assuming we have a reasonable trade down offer.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

QJ and JP could be X and Z WRs depending on where they line them up in 2 WRs sets. In 2 WRs set the TE would be the Y WR. If they go with 3 WRs which I am sure they will have some formations with 3 WRs. They will have an X and Z WR on the outsides with and the 3rd WR will be F (slot) WR and still have the TE as Y receiver. If the RB is in and not in pass pro he would be the H receiver. Not sure what the letter designation will be for the Chargers as teams sometimes change them but that is the basic designation. Regardless, the Chargers still need a WR or 2 via the draft or FAcy.
          Yep. JP and QJ mostly X receivers. Hurst, the Y receiver. On occasion, DD the Z receiver. We're set... most of the time we'll be in 21-personnel. Draft a WR (doesn't have to be 1st round) and pick up another quality WR via FA after the draft. Nutty is not worried at all @WR. Looking forward to seeing a 4th round steal in April.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You sound like Staley trying to sell me a Cadillac when it’s really a Dodge Dart. On blocks, lol.
            You sound like Al Davis trying to sucker a guy into buying a Mazzerati when all they need is a solid running car...

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

While some of you are obsessing over the shiny pretty things... Hortiz and Harbaugh are out window shopping RT and LB for our #11 and #23 picks. You can't sprinkle tinsel until the tree is up. TT never understood this... things are about to change.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

You sound like Al Davis trying to sucker a guy into buying a Mazzerati when all they need is a solid running car...
                Hell yes, give me Maserati Marv all day long! LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Icebolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2023
                  • Send PM

While some of you are obsessing over the shiny pretty things... Hortiz and Harbaugh are out window shopping RT and LB for our #11 and #23 picks. You can't sprinkle tinsel until the tree is up. TT never understood this... things are about to change.
                  This made me laugh!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                    I'm still thinking that if they stick and pick at 5 it's going to be one of the Edge players, my guys is Verse but would be very happy with Turner as well, Latu is my third pick only because of the neck issues...I would still be very happy with Bowers at #5 too...Sadly, it's looking less and less likely that they'll trade down as several teams are supposedly jockeying for picks in the two picks prior to the #5 position, we'll see...lot's of smoke flying around right now...but even if they trade down I still think that the first pick might be an Edge player, whether that's pick #6 or whatever it ends up being...
                    Edge at 5? Anything is possible i suppose but imo, Edge is a no way thats where they go @ 5

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Hell yes, give me Maserati Marv all day long! LOL!

Probably what the Cards are saying, too. LOL!

Comment

• el_jefe999
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

I'm all for CB/OL/WR between day one and day two in no particular order. Let Hortiz figure out the value which hopefully includes a trade down to get an extra pick in that window.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

There are too many good options at 11 that I can't see any 1 player justifying 5 overall assuming we have a reasonable trade down offer.
                          The age old question. Two good players at 11 and 23 or an elite player at 5?

Comment

Working...
                          X