• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

We don’t even know what they have in Spiller because the coaching staff was trash the last 2 years as far as Oline. I’m a bit bullish on Spiller until I see him not perform/play under this coaching staff. He’s still only 22 I believe. I would love to see him come out of nowhere to play a much bigger role this year as opposed to the last 2 years.
    Well, hope yer right. Let's see how Spiller does in the preseason. And don't forget about Dot...

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Hortiz roster already looks like a team trying to win at line of scrimmage. Telesco old Chargers roster look like trying to win with big WRs and QB with shabby protection. Telesco thinks you need a few big plays to win games. You need WRs who can catch 50/50 jump ball. Hortiz thinks you need to kick your opponents butt at the of scrimmage to make it easy for you skill players. Hortiz is building a championship physical football team. Telesco was building a championship flag football team.
      ​​​​
      Mr. Amateur, meet Mr. Pro.
      Go cart driver, meet a Professional Nascar driver.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Kinda why I been high on Bowers. He is a perfect fit for a Y TE. Get an OT in back of first rnd and WR that can stretch the back half of the field in the 3rd or 4th rnd.

Wouldn't be upset with Fuaga and Coop either.
        Bowers via trade back?

If so get Bowers at 11.......get BPA at other late 1st pick then you can get get OT at 37. The idea is you don't have to go OT especially if other players are higher on your board. You have 3 top 50 prospects.

Now if we trade back and get Fuaga instead then well long story short you've got 2 additional late 1st round picks. The amount of QBs and OTs going in the 1st will push 1st round grade prospects into early 2nd round.3 top 50 picks but really 3 1st round picks. Like Harbaugh says if you've got a QB then #5 is almost like a #1 pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

One can dream. Isn’t it the opposite? Proday time is slower
          No, combine is usually slower.
          Estime ran a 4.58 at his pro day after the 4.71 at the combine.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bowers via trade back?

If so get Bowers at 11.......get BPA at other late 1st pick then you can get get OT at 37. The idea is you don't have to go OT especially if other players are higher on your board. You have 3 top 50 prospects.

Now if we trade back and get Fuaga instead then well long story short you've got 2 additional late 1st round picks. The amount of QBs and OTs going in the 1st will push 1st round grade prospects into early 2nd round.3 top 50 picks but really 3 1st round picks. Like Harbaugh says if you've got a QB then #5 is almost like a #1 pick.
            Holy shit! I just realized that exactly four weeks from today most of the first round of the NFL draft will be wrapping up, wow, how fast is this year going is unreal to me...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bowers via trade back?

Yea Bowers at #11 and OT back half of draft or rnd 2.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! Malik wants a 4.28 because that's what he thinks he ran...!?
                Not to mention, there’s a reason why schools never hire Zybek to handle their Pro Day 40 times (the company that does the NFL Combine). It bears reiterating that the Combine clock is initiated by a prospect’s hand movement, then time stamped upon crossing the laser tape. Near impossible for a single human to get the start time right while standing 40 yards away - they’re almost always late. To be clear, I absolutely love me some Nabers. In reality he probably times between 4.4 & 4.45 in Indy. Maybe my aging eyes fail me, but I don’t see a 4.28 player. I do see elite burst & quickness, however. That’s what separates him, literally and figuratively. But I think it was Trevor Sikkema who made an insightful comment in response to the clamor over Xavier Worthy’s record breaking time - we knew he was seriously fast, so let’s be careful not to give him a double bump for something we already knew (or something to that effect).

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

still no update on what they signed Kristian Fulton for, it's official he signed on the dotted line yesterday but no word on the terms yet...I'm still curious as heck if they managed to get him for under 3mil to avoid compensatory pick formula...maybe today they update the terms on OTC...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Doesn't fit the narrative... be careful.

But you're right. It's not nearly as bad as some want to portray.
                    With the 21-personnel we'll run 50% of the time next year... it makes no sense to draft yet another 1st round WR.
                    Which WR sits the bench 60% of the offensive snaps...?

Get the trade-back! #11 RT Fuaga. #23 LB Edgerrin Cooper. #37 DT. #69 CB. RB and WR in the 4th round. TE in the 5th round.
                    Ready, set, attack! Run the MF'ing ball down their throats. Hit them deep when they cheat. Smashmouth offense, Warhammer defense.
                    We're done finessing ourselves to death. Time to accept the obvious.
                    #11Fuaga, #23DeJean, #37Colson, #69Rice...with your DT and RB in round 4...D. Carter and Ray Davis? But I like yours too...
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

#11Fuaga, #23DeJean, #37Colson, #69Rice...with your DT and RB in round 4...D. Carter and Ray Davis? But I like yours too...
                      As far as OT goes, I don't think Harbaugh and the coaching staff really know what they have on the o-line and they probably won't know until Aug 2 when they get the players in the building. They might see these guys and be like we are ok on the o-line and might not need to spend a high pick on an OT. I mean who had McFadden @ center on their bingo card? Regardless, the do need depth on the o-line so I'm sure they will draft olinemen but the question is will it be in the top of the draft or back?
                      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                      3a- #66 Puni OT
                      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                      4a- #105 Rice WR
                      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                      5- #140 Green CB
                      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

With the 21-personnel we'll run 50% of the time next year... it makes no sense to draft yet another 1st round WR.

Get the trade-back! #11 RT Fuaga. #23 LB Edgerrin Cooper. #37 DT. #69 CB. RB and WR in the 4th round. TE in the 5th round.
                        Ready, set, attack! Run the MF'ing ball down their throats. Hit them deep when they cheat. Smashmouth offense, Warhammer defense.
                        So we’ll be in 3 WR sets slightly less than 50% of the time? Like at crunch time when we need a MW-like playmaker to get that game winning score? We have absolutely no one on the roster who can do that, not reasonably consistently. How are we gonna beat the Chiefs without that playmaker? A solid D alone won’t do it, ask the 49ers.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

My guess is they will draft a WR to play opposite QJ. Which one will be the X or Z wr will be determined in training camp. If I had to guess Palmer would be the #3 wr.

My initial thoughts are QJ is more suited for the Z wr. He's not the one you are looking for to work the back half of the defense. I still think they need a true X to work take the top of defenses.
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X