• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Good lines make good backs great
    RB talent remains the same behind any OL. Overall offensive talent, play calling, team character produce best results. If it were easy to hit the right balance everyone would do it. Obviously, it is not.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

RB talent remains the same behind any OL. Overall offensive talent, play calling, team character produce best results. If it were easy to hit the right balance everyone would do it. Obviously, it is not.
      IMO You need to have rb style fit the offense. And a really good line makes ANY back look better.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Thats cool man. We agree to disagree. I think you will rethink that after this year. Out of curiosity whats your end game for him with us? Plays this year and then trade him? Because simply letting him hit free agency is really dumb imo. I doubt you are suggesting that.
        Not sure. This would be an easy choice if Bosa was the consistent wrecking ball off the edge everybody seems to think he is, even though most games a single blocker can neutralize him for long stretches. He does contain well, and maybe that's more his assignment a lot of the time. I want to see him camped out in opposing backfields before I even think of big money for him. I don't think setting the edge is easy, and he makes it look that way so value there. But where's that monster year? Or monster showing in a playoff game? Gordon can take over a game for significant stretches, I put more value on that.

If Bosa simply walked, and somebody signed him for ridiculous money, wouldn't we get a high comp pick? I want to see how Tillery does getting upfield, and how Nwosu develops particularly in containing the edge. A lot of variables to consider. I wish Bosa would make it all moot, and just destroy people. Waiting...

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Where is Gordon's monster showing in a playoff game? He was invisible in both games this past post season.

I'm hoping for the opposite - someone vastly overpays Gordon and we get a good comp pick. If we get some push up the middle and QBs can't step up in the pocket to avoid the rush we'll see more productivity from both Ingram and Bosa.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Where is Gordon's monster showing in a playoff game? He was invisible in both games this past post season.

I'm hoping for the opposite - someone vastly overpays Gordon and we get a good comp pick. If we get some push up the middle and QBs can't step up in the pocket to avoid the rush we'll see more productivity from both Ingram and Bosa.
            True both counts. DL, OL.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

True both counts. DL, OL.
              I think how both the OL and DL play will determine how far we go this year.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Not sure. This would be an easy choice if Bosa was the consistent wrecking ball off the edge everybody seems to think he is, even though most games a single blocker can neutralize him for long stretches. He does contain well, and maybe that's more his assignment a lot of the time. I want to see him camped out in opposing backfields before I even think of big money for him. I don't think setting the edge is easy, and he makes it look that way so value there. But where's that monster year? Or monster showing in a playoff game? Gordon can take over a game for significant stretches, I put more value on that.

If Bosa simply walked, and somebody signed him for ridiculous money, wouldn't we get a high comp pick? I want to see how Tillery does getting upfield, and how Nwosu develops particularly in containing the edge. A lot of variables to consider. I wish Bosa would make it all moot, and just destroy people. Waiting...
                28.5 sacks in 35 games and one of the leaders in QB pressures per game since entering the league. He needs to stay healthy but his production has been top notch. all this while never really being healthy. I think you are not a fan of the Bosa camp and it clouds your view in this instance.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

28.5 sacks in 35 games and one of the leaders in QB pressures per game since entering the league. He needs to stay healthy but his production has been top notch. all this while never really being healthy. I think you are not a fan of the Bosa camp and it clouds your view in this instance.
                  He has certainly been more productive than Ingram even not playing as much. Not sure where Blue was in the Ingram resign camp but i wasnt really thumping the drum for him, but knew we had to keep him.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

NEVER sign an RB to a big contract!
                    Let Todd Gurley( who was the best back in the league when he signed his big deal) be a precautionary tale to all those who think RB's should take a HUGE chunk of the salary cap.
                    And those making the arguement for a good OL makes a good back, spot on! One has to look no further than Emmit Smith. He was a talented back for sure, but playing with multiple All Pro's on the OL every year, and HOF'ers at QB, TE, WR made him the all time leading rusher, not the other way around.
                    I like MG but at the right price.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      NEVER sign an RB to a big contract!
                      Let Todd Gurley( who was the best back in the league when he signed his big deal) be a precautionary tale to all those who think RB's should take a HUGE chunk of the salary cap.
                      And those making the arguement for a good OL makes a good back, spot on! One has to look no further than Emmit Smith. He was a talented back for sure, but playing with multiple All Pro's on the OL every year, and HOF'ers at QB, TE, WR made him the all time leading rusher, not the other way around.
                      I like MG but at the right price.
                      LT did well as a rookie with a terrible OL and Barry Sanders never had a great OL. A great back can do things with an average OL which is what ours is now. But a great OL is even better. Look what Zeke did his rookie year. OL took a little dive and his numbers did as well but was still good. I mean i agree a great OL makes a back look better but then there is Denvers OL which is never great and they have success with whoever they throw out there.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Yeah sorry man. I just disagree. His body of work is astounding. His numbers dont lie. So i think you are seeing something different than most. For me my knock on him probably relates to health issues. But his body of work and the numbers he has put up are elite tier. And stud pass rushers are so much harder to find than RBs.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Also Brees sucks, lol.

Realistically they both miss a few games but play at a high level when they do play. And we let Gordon walk and extend Bosa.

Would love for both to have monster seasons, cuz that would mean a SB trophy.

Comment

Working...
                          X