• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
    the thing MG does better than all of them is run with vengeance. He runs violently and doesnt go down very easily. Now he isnt the type to juke a guy out like Jackson but he'll truck em. but that is a double-edged sword and probably one of the reasons why he rarely plays the whole 16 games. I'm not of the mindset to go hogwild with his contract as I believe there are much higher priorities in line for contract renewals.
    I think he takes too many unnecessary hits. LT knew when to step out of bounds and when he had to grind out that extra yard. MG is hard to bring down in a group but seems to go down pretty easy in the open field if someone so much as touches one of his legs.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think he takes too many unnecessary hits. LT knew when to step out of bounds and when he had to grind out that extra yard. MG is hard to bring down in a group but seems to go down pretty easy in the open field if someone so much as touches one of his legs.
      Yep, and this is one more big reason why the Bolts shouldn't get locked into a long-term contract extension with MG3...the probability of injury is, I believe, higher than average when you look at his running style...and good point...when possible, run out of bounds and stay healthy to run another play...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Ryan Mathews was the worst.

He just did not have a feel about stayin' alive.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, and this is one more big reason why the Bolts shouldn't get locked into a long-term contract extension with MG3...the probability of injury is, I believe, higher than average when you look at his running style...and good point...when possible, run out of bounds and stay healthy to run another play...
          Gordon's motivation...this is my biggest concern as we get ready for camp to open in 372 hours.

He is such a key cog.

How will this all play out ?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gordon's motivation...this is my biggest concern as we get ready for camp to open in 372 hours.

He is such a key cog.

How will this all play out ?
            I really like MG3, but, as I've said, not for crazy money. I'd be in favor of a 2-year deal, or maybe a 4-year deal with an Addae-like "out" after 2 years in case of repeated injuries resulting in loss of significant play time, a very real possibility the way Gordon recklessly runs the rock...

Comment

• Chuckeezy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2019
              • Send PM

trade him!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

It's a holdout.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
                  Expectations for the season were too high around here anyway. Something had to destroy the calm.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Melvin Gordon will demand trade without new deal

Kevin Patra
                    Around the NFL Writer

Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon wants a new contract and is prepared to hold out to get one.

Gordon informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will demand a trade and will not report to training camp, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

ESPN first reported the news.

Pelissero added that sides have been negotiating, and L.A.'s goal is to sign Gordon long-term, but RB deals can be tricky.

Chargers veterans report to training camp on July 24.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Agent: Chargers' Gordon wants trade if no deal

PT​​​Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Los Angeles Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Smith said he and Gordon did not want to go this route, but because of the lack of progress in negotiations and the offers the Chargers made this offseason, they felt it necessary to voice their displeasure in an effort to reach a more satisfying outcome, whether with a new contract or a trade.

Gordon, 26, is scheduled to be heading into the last year of his contract, a fifth-year option worth $5.6 million.

Other top running backs -- Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell -- recently have received new deals, and Gordon wants to be the next one added to that illustrious list. He is unwilling to take a Chargers offer that does not put him near the salaries of those top running backs.

Gordon has been voted to two Pro Bowls and rushed for an average of 5.1 yards per carry and recorded 14 total touchdowns in 2018.

Unless the two sides can resolve their differences before the Chargers' training camp, slated to open July 24 in Costa Mesa, California, this will be a contentious issue that shadows the team, much as the Chargers had to deal with an unsigned Joey Bosa in the summer of 2016.

Smith said Gordon is dug in and discouraged with the lack of progress in the talks.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Wow.
                        good morning
                        bad news
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Crappy news to wake up to... Gordon is a well rounded RB and is quite good in the passing game. Will be hard to see him go, but a trade might work out in our favor at this point. He is not worth the big pay day based on his career. Get some value for him while you can.

Having him holdout for a good portion of the season would be the worst case scenario though. None of our backup RBs are cut out to carry #1 workload IMO. Need a solution before training camp.
                          Last edited by SDBORN; 07-11-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X