• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You must be seeing a different game than I see.
    The Bills would have a Lombardi Trophy if not for wide right.

What if Vinatieri pushes a few postseason kicks just outside the posts, how many rings does that take off Brady's hand?

What if Kaeding connects, it advances the Chargers to next round of postseason. How do those seasons end?

Even if all is well in the land of O-line....vs tough playoff competition, it can and often does come down to the foot of one man.

More important than Gordon by a Wide margin, pun intended. Its a QB and Kicker driven league.
    RBs are a some a dozen.

Lol I assumed you were talkin about our future HOF QB.My bad.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Boldface was used for emphasis in the first place ie the correct answer was there all along.

Kalil fits in manny, manny ways.
      --USC...home cookin'.
      --experience.
      --one year contract...similar numbers to Gordon.
      --HOU will have to off somebody...Davenport/Tytus two deep at OLT.
      --Kalil is kinda average (perfect for LAC-bandaid- not rocket science here.)
      --One good year, coming off injury.
      --Praised by O'Brien for hard work and recovery.
      --Plug n Play OLT w/Lamp-Pouncey-Schofield-Tevi intact.
      --Don't destroy Scott's confidence by putting him in as an emergency...let Trent develop.
      --Pipkins will be ripe in 5 years.

...in a nutshell.

:2cents:

tl;dr

Kalil @ $5.6 million pro rated is perfect as a six game rental for Russell Okung.
      Hmmm...let's see...Kalil allowed 7.5 sacks last year, so not so good...on the bright side, he DID improve over his 2014 performance, when he allowed a whopping 13.75 sacks...ouch...

The Washington Post Sports section provides sports news, video, scores, analysis and updates about high school, college, and pro sports teams, including the Capitals, Nationals, Washington Football Team, United and Wizards. Post Sports also offers blogs and discussions about the latest sports news.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hmmm...let's see...Kalil allowed 7.5 sacks last year, so not so good...on the bright side, he DID improve over his 2014 performance, when he allowed a whopping 13.75 sacks...ouch...

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...=25714&team=34
        Big name....no game. Not sure I would trade a Happy meal for him...let alone an unhappy delusional rb.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Big name....no game. Not sure I would trade a Happy meal for him...let alone an unhappy delusional rb.
          Kalil is like a poor man's Tevi...

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I think the team is intent on developing its draft picks. But when you look back at guys like Tuerk and Watt....and see we used another 3rd this year on a project like Pipkins...it scares fans. I like the idea of developing our players and paying our stars. Add a FA here or there. But Telesco was brought into build this team for the long run especially heading into the new stadium.

Now with that said we havnt been too good developing our youth OL. And that may be my biggest issue. Like why are we ok with that mediocrity? Thats what bothers me. I think we tend to lack developmental skills and good coaching on the OL.

The other thing that was a huge problem under McCoy was fitness. This OL was sufficient for 3/4 of the year. Then broke down physically. So fitness is another factor. I think Lynn said his biggest issue with the Rams scrimmage was penalties late. And fitness. The 2 go hand in hand. When you are tired you make mistakes. Get sloppy.

At least we are not taking days off like we did under McCoy. I think Lynn gets it when it comes to fitness. Im hoping they learn from last year and our physical limitations. And focus more on the fitness and recovery.

We often talk about a Rookie impact coming in that 3rd year. But its probably the same thing with coaches. Lynn has started out strong. I think this will be our year. Got a lot of depth that got good experience last year as we broke down. You cant win a SB without depth that has game experience.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Trey "Happy Meal" Pipkins.

An apt description to me.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...=25714&team=34
                Ryan Kalil.
                Matt Kalil did not play in 2018.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Looks like it's gonna be Trent Scott.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

If the Chargers get near the playoffs with Ekeler.
                    Gordon shows up week ten and punches in some TD's that Ekeler and JJ aren't able to.
                    Last edited by Caslon; 08-06-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Not sure I think of Gordon as a punch it in guy, didn't he take 4 tries from like the two yard line last season in some game?

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Not sure I think of Gordon as a punch it in guy, didn't he take 4 tries from like the two yard line last season in some game?
                        Gordon fullfills his part to get to free agency, around week 10. Him playing is not a sure thing jazz. Not a good locker room thing either.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I've seen Ekelor, who is freakish strong, put his head down, and make like a short yardage back...with his strength and athleticism, I actually think he could be more dangerous than MG near the endzone. Because of his size, I wouldn't pile a bunch of between the tackle carries on him...wear and tear...but he can certainly manage some short yardage snaps here and there...and goal line duties from time to time as well. He can dive, drive, leap, or wiggle thru on a fake and get open...or beat the outside contain on toss sweeps or swing passes.

I don't think we are missing a dynamic weapon in MG...just a heavy load workhorse who happens to be dynamic as well...but as far as putting this team in cap hell? No thanks. We can replace him by commitee....he is lucky to have the offer he has.

Edit: Make no mistake...I'm an MG fan....but a Charger fan first. He comes and plays, great. He holds out? See ya...
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X