• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhilaBoltster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lol wu-dai. Who is their best OT? If they do t have one I'd take JJ or deandre
    Why don't you ask them to throw in DeShawn while you're at it.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I provided a list of nine players. This does not even include Roderick Johnson. If no one comes up with the correct answer by tomorrow, I will reveal it myself. :shifty:
      Aw, come on, Wood, the suspense is KILLING me! OUT WITH IT!!!

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

From Daniel Popper:A nugget in here: Only four players have amassed at least 5,000 yards from scrimmage and 35 TDs since 2015. One of them is Melvin Gordon. #Chargers

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Why don't you ask them to throw in DeShawn while you're at it.
          Ok. We throw in Rivers and get Deshaun, JJ and Deandre

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

The Franchise tag for a RB is $12 mil. We are not going to give Melvin a franchise designation. If he didn't take the $10 mil offer, why would we then turn around and pay him $12 mil? We can let him walk and still get the same compensation.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              From Daniel Popper:A nugget in here: Only four players have amassed at least 5,000 yards from scrimmage and 35 TDs since 2015. One of them is Melvin Gordon. #Chargers

Again...very selective. It pretty much eliminates anyone drafted after 2015 or missed time with a major injury. How many touches did he get? He has only had 1 efficient year on the ground. He has progressed really well in the passing game. Again,he is a second tier back, with prolonged Gurley envy that thinks he is "great" and elite. I disagree with his premise.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Per John McClain, highly respected Texans writer, HOU will not be trading for Melvin Gordon.

My dreams for world domination have been shattered.

We still gonna git one of them OTs, even if it's off the waiver wire, whoever is system flexible and not too phat...
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We are not gonna pay Melvin...TT hangin' tough.

This does not mean Melvin is a pile.

C'mon, man.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Again...very selective. It pretty much eliminates anyone drafted after 2015 or missed time with a major injury. How many touches did he get? He has only had 1 efficient year on the ground. He has progressed really well in the passing game. Again,he is a second tier back, with prolonged Gurley envy that thinks he is "great" and elite. I disagree with his premise.
                    People can make almost any point with stats. Bottom line is he got a ton of chances in the red zone for short TD runs and did convert a lot of them. The question would be how many TDs would other backs get if they were given the high number of attempts that Gordon had.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

More on the Texans not interested rumor:
                      Texans reportedly won't try to trade for Melvin Gordon

Posted by Mike Florio on August 5, 2019, 9:56 AM EDT
                      Even before the Texans surprisingly waived running back D'Onta Foreman, some wondered whether the Texans would be interested in trading for Chargers running back Melvin Gordon. In the aftermath of Foreman's departure, the question has intensified.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans won't trade for Gordon.

First, the Texans have a starting running back in Lamar Miller. At this point, they're looking for a backup to Miller.

Second, Gordon will be expensive to sign. Very expensive. And the Chargers will want compensation for him, possibly significant.

Miller enters the final year of his contract in Houston, at a salary of $5.5 million. That's more than $100,000 less than the salary that Gordon is due to earn -- and he's sufficiently unhappy with that number to refuse to show up. It would take a lot more to get Gordon signed, surely a lot more than the Texans, and quite possibly anyone else, would pay.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Per John McClain, highly respected Texans writer, HOU will not be trading for Melvin Gordon.

My dreams for world domination have been shattered.

We still gonna git one of them OTs, even if it's off the waiver wire, whoever is system flexible and not too phat...
                        Well, it was a nice theory, anyways...and never say never...TT and the Texans could still be in secret talks...

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Chargers will wait.
                          Lynn won't play Gordon that much once he returns, especially if the other RBs were getting it done. Lynn will mention chemistry and Gordon not getting reps.

Then, I don't think Telesco franchise tags Gordon.
                          He will let him walk and get the comp pick.

Ekeler is a RFA after this season, Telesco will give him the tender.

The money not spent on Gordon, will be used to extend Bosa, so he doesn't hit UFA.

And Rivers will sign his final contract 2 Years 50mil.
                          25mil guaranteed.

Rivers 3 year window for a Championship, this Season plus 2020 & 2021. Then a new era with a new fanchise QB.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X