• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, if Bosa leaves, I'm guessing we at least get a round 2 comp pick...
    No such thing. He is worth a couple first rounders tho. We tag and trade. It may cost Bosa if the idea is we want to draft Lawrence. But we would never let Bosa walk for nothing. If he is tagged we can get an original round comp. Still not worth it unless that team is the top pick in the draft.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This is a dead thread going in circles there is no resolution the Chargers made there best offer so it is down to just three simple scenarios.

1. Gordon caves in and decides 10 mil is better than 0 mill
      2. Gordon is hard core and hold out till week 10 to then have considered a vested season, then he can become a Free Agent at the end of the season
      3. Chargers get a trade offer of value.

Option 1 & 2 has its pros and cons

From Melvin's prespective
      Pro- play week 10 and become FA at end of the year
      Con-get injured and hurts his value as FA
      Pro- plays week 10 and blows up on a way to a Super Bowl run his FA value goes up
      Con- will Melvin really want to go all out for a team in his mind that disrepected him and his value

From Charger Prespective
      Pro-Melvin gets his dumb as on the phone now and say you know what I'll take the 10 mil for 1 year
      Con-Melvin signs and play and does what Melvin does have a run of few good games and gets injured
      Con-Melvin dogs it does a Gaither
      Pro- Melvin rocks out so he can show the league he is 13 mill or greater

Option 3 seems best to me get a good offer trade Gordon and be ready to lock down key players in 2020

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You are mistaking what I say for hate. I like Bosa a lot. Think he's an incredibly important impact player for us. I hope he stays healthy. But I also think he will want to be paid top of the market money regardless. You can think both things and not hate him.
        My thoughts exactly. LOVE the guy & want him.to stay. But I also do not think we are getting a discount to remain in bolts.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, if Bosa leaves, I'm guessing we at least get a round 2 comp pick...
          End of the 3rd round is when compensatory picks begin.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

No such thing. He is worth a couple first rounders tho. We tag and trade. It may cost Bosa if the idea is we want to draft Lawrence. But we would never let Bosa walk for nothing. If he is tagged we can get an original round comp. Still not worth it unless that team is the top pick in the draft.
            Worst case scenario we can control Joey through his 5th year option and 2 years of FTs. That covers through the 2022.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

My thoughts exactly. LOVE the guy & want him.to stay. But I also do not think we are getting a discount to remain in bolts.
              Nor should we expect to. Imo.
              I'm happy to pay market value for premium pass-rush.
              "very good" rushing/receiving is another story.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I think I am a notch more skeptical on Bosa than most. He has flashed great potential, but right now I think his hype exceeds his contributions after three seasons. Like I said above, play an entire season without missing multiple games due to injury (he's missed a quarter or more of the games in two of his three seasons) and show up in big games (unlike the NE game), then I will sign off on a top money contract for him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  I think I am a notch more skeptical on Bosa than most. He has flashed great potential, but right now I think his hype exceeds his contributions after three seasons. Like I said above, play an entire season without missing multiple games due to injury (he's missed a quarter or more of the games in two of his three seasons) and show up in big games (unlike the NE game), then I will sign off on a top money contract for him.
                  His impact on the field is nearly unmatched. Look up sacks per game.
                  You point about health/availability is spot on. Joey needs to play to earn his new contract. If he does, he will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL when he signs his new contract.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Worst case scenario we can control Joey through his 5th year option and 2 years of FTs. That covers through the 2022.
                    Exactly. He may be butthurt but he understands the business. he was all business before he even put on a Jersey. Im not saying he wont make it suck for us trying to hold out etc. Clowney type situation. But we are protected for a few years.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                      This is a dead thread going in circles there is no resolution the Chargers made there best offer so it is down to just three simple scenarios.

1. Gordon caves in and decides 10 mil is better than 0 mill
                      2. Gordon is hard core and hold out till week 10 to then have considered a vested season, then he can become a Free Agent at the end of the season
                      3. Chargers get a trade offer of value.
                      For option 2, it will be interesting to see if Gordon really does wait for week 10 to report. Eric Williams has him reporting for week 1 in his 53 man roster projection.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

His impact on the field is nearly unmatched. Look up sacks per game.
                        You point about health/availability is spot on. Joey needs to play to earn his new contract. If he does, he will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL when he signs his new contract.
                        I'd like to see that impact extend to the really big games too. He was totally handled in NE. Not a factor at all in that game. No sacks, no QB hits.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I'd like to see that impact extend to the really big games too. He was totally handled in NE. Not a factor at all in that game. No sacks, no QB hits.
                          In all fairness, I dont think it would've mattered if we would have had Lawrence Taylor in that game. The ball didn't stay in Brady's hand very long & we didn't adjust. I would've dropped back & played 4 LBs & 7 DBs.

Comment

Working...
                          X