• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I don't blame Gordon, he has leverage now, not next year. This holdout potentially means millions more for him in the long run.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I dont see a diss in the text. I havnt read all the news releases about this though. Ive had a busy morning. Are Gordon and his agent dissing the Chargers?
      I guess what I meant is I don't like to see an agent spreading any info via text or email while negotiations could still be going on.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I guess what I meant is I don't like to see an agent spreading any info via text or email while negotiations could still be going on.
        I think at this point they had probably made their decision. I had this text sitting on my phone prior to the news coming out. My brother is pretty connected. He broke the Bosa deal before it was announced. It was fun being the forum to do that. I would have posted it here but was doing other things and my phone was dead. I didnt even see the text until i logged into my macbook. Which has a texting app.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I dont see a diss in the text. I havnt read all the news releases about this though. Ive had a busy morning. Are Gordon and his agent dissing the Chargers?
          Agreed. There is no diss.

In the vernacular of the day, we have two friends texting.

"...shut the fuck up." is the same as saying "...you are kidding me."
          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 07-11-2019, 11:41 AM.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The timing is messed up for sure despite the short comings at the OL this could be our year and although I am not sure of Gordon's worth, he has improved year to year, he hasn't proven to remain health but one season. Just bad timing he is the only back that we have that consistently breaks tackles and with this O-line you need that Eckler and Jackson are good change of pace backs quick and elusive. I am not sure what you offer Gordon, but I don't think he is in the price range of Levon Bell, Todd Gurley, Devonte Freeman or David Johnson, so if he is looking to get that range we have a problem.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I'm hoping they can find away to sign him. I don't discount his importance to this offense.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Something close to Gurley's contract is not a good idea.
                Gordon is smart to try and maximize his value now. This is his best opportunity to do so. With this said it is a bad idea to give a huge contract.
                MGIII has missed multiple games in 3 of 4 seasons and has a degenerative knee issue. He only touted the rock 175 times last year.
                Todd Gurley

RUNNING BACKAge: 24 Exp: 4 Years
                Drafted: Round 1 (#10 overall), 2015College: GeorgiaAgent(s): Ari Nissim (Roc Nation Sports) - More Rams - Allen, Dakota Allen, Brian Allen, Brandon Bachman, Alex Blanton, Kendall Blythe, Austin Bortles, Blake Brewer, Chandler Brockers, Michael Brooker, Romello Brown, Malcolm Brown, Keenen Carraway, Josh Christian, Marqui Colburn, Matthew Cooks, Brandin Copeland, Marquise Davis, Justin Deayon, Donte Demby, Jamil Donald, Aaron Durham, Landis Easley, Dominique Ebukam, Samson Edwards, David Evans, Bobby Everett, Gerald Fowler Jr., Dante Fox, Morgan Franklin-Myers, John Gaines, Greg Gervase, Jake Goff, Jared Greene, Jalen Gurley, Todd Hager, Bryce Hatfield, Dominique Havenstein, Rob Hekker, Johnny Henderson, Darrell Higbee, Tyler Hill, Troy Hitner, Brandon Hodge, Khadarel Howard, Travin Hrynkiewicz, Vitas Johnson, John Jones, Bryant Joseph, Sebastian Kaskey, Matt Kelly, John Kiser, Micah Kolone, Jeremiah Kupp, Cooper Kupp, Ketner Lawler, Justin Littleton, Cory Lloyd, Johnathan Long, David Longacre, Matt Matthews, Clay McQuaide, Jake Mundt, Johnny Natson, Jojo Neary, Aaron Noteboom, Joseph Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia Parker, Steven Patrick, Natrez Peters, Marcus Peterson, Kevin Proehl, Austin Rapp, Taylor Reeder, Troy Reynolds, Josh Richards, Ramon Roberts, Boogie Robey-Coleman, Nickell Scott, Nick Shields, Sam Sickels, Garrett Smart, Tanzel Sullivan, John Talib, Aqib Thomas, Mike Thompson, Carlos Webster, Nsimba Weddle, Eric Westbrooks, Ethan Whitworth, Andrew Williams, Darious Wolford, John Woods, Robert Young, Trevon Zuerlein, Greg
                • Current Contract

Todd Gurley signed a 4 year, $57,500,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $45,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,375,000. In 2019, Gurley will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,200,000 and a dead cap value of $34,850,000.
                  CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $57,500,000 SIGNING BONUS$21,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$14,375,000 GTD AT SIGN:$21,950,000 TOTAL GTD:$45,000,000 FREE AGENT:2024 / UFA
                  2018 24 $950,000 $6,278,306 - $7,228,306 $24,028,306 $21,950,000($21,950,000)
                  2019 25 $5,000,000 $4,200,000 - $9,200,000 $34,850,000 $5,000,000($26,950,000)
                  2020 26 $5,500,000 $4,200,000 $7,550,000 $17,250,000 $25,650,000 $13,050,000($40,000,000)
                  2021 27 $4,000,000 $4,200,000 $5,000,000 $13,200,000 $8,400,000 $9,000,000($49,000,000)
                  POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 4 YR, $49,000,000; $4,200,000 DEAD CAP
                  2022 28 $5,000,000 $4,200,000 $5,000,000 $14,200,000 $4,200,000 $10,000,000($59,000,000)
                  2023 29 $7,449,979 - $5,000,000 $12,449,979 - $12,449,979($71,449,979)
                  2024 30 UFA
                  Contract Notes:
                  • $21.95M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2018 salary)
                  • 2019 salary fully guarantees on 3/15/2019
                  • 2020 Roster Bonus: $7.55M (guarantees 3/15/2019)
                  • 2020 salary fully guarantees on 3/15/2019
                  • 2021 Roster Bonus: $5M (due the 3rd league day of 2021, or the 1st game played)
                  • 2022 Roster Bonus: $1M (due the 3rd league day of 2022)
                  • 2022 Training Camp Bonus: $4M
                  • 2023 Roster Bonus: $1M (due the 3rd league day of 2023)
                  • 2023 Training Camp Bonus: $4M
                  • 2023 Escalator: $2.5M
                    $1M for 1,200+ rush yards, or 1,650 yards from scrimmage (exercised in 2018)
                    $1.25M for NFL MVP or Offensive Player of the Year
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed. There is no diss.

In the vernacular of the day, we have two friends texting.

"...shut the fuck up." is the same as saying "...you are kidding me."
                  This is between father and son. lol So yes the STFU was absolutely a "are you kidding me?"

In the end the news is not shocking to me. I knew they were trying to get him singed a while ago. And with no new deal seemingly close a holdout would be expected. And again i tend to go back to a draft strategy i have and thats to grab a really good RB in the middle rounds when you have a stud coming up on the end of a contract. Justin Jones had 2 good games. 15 carries total across those 2 games. Its a tiny sample size. I dont know that he is a bellcow stud like RB until i see more this year. Outside of those 15 carries he didnt do exceptionally well.

Gordon at a full yard more per carry is massive. Especially with how much he gets hit. Gordon is the perfect RB to make a mediocre run blocking OL look better than they are. Hes a best. Jackson is small. Is Gordon fragile? Or is he always nursing injuries because he gets smacked so much due to an OL that isnt creating huge lanes for him to run through? I dont know.

But we missed the playoffs a lot after LT and the run game was a major reason why. We draft Gordon....start getting back to the playoffs and now we are potentially looking at another regression in the run game. Gordon was my guy. That was my love connection in that draft. And while i dont think we should sign him long term...the best case scenario would have been to have him this year and then draft a stud next year. In what will be a loaded RB class.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Cannot a father and son be friends also ?

:hello:

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Of course. The best of friends.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

I have reminded my kids several times do not talk to me like I am one of your friends. I am not your friend I am your father.

That does not mean that once they are out of the house on their own we cannot be friends but as long as they are living under my roof and on my dime then no.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I have reminded my kids several times do not talk to me like I am one of your friends. I am not your friend I am your father.

That does not mean that once they are out of the house on their own we cannot be friends but as long as they are living under my roof and on my dime then no.
                          You're kidding me.

Comment

Working...
                          X