• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We can't afford Zeek. Need to save up to re-sign Boss and Rivers. Bolts don't have a ton of cap space.
    Oh i know. I was just meaning that if we had Zeek instead of Gordon, it'd be a lot tougher decision. I dont think there is a chance in hell of paying Gordon that kind of coin.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Ezekiel Elliot is the Cowboys' best player. He is more important to the offense than Prescott. Not the same with Gordon. He is nowhere near as essential to the Chargers .

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
        Ezekiel Elliot is the Cowboys' best player. He is more important to the offense than Prescott. Not the same with Gordon. He is nowhere near as essential to the Chargers .
        Agreed. Zeek will probably get his $13+M, but that should reinforce to our brass how Gordon isnt. I'm pretty sure they have already decided that though.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

No way in hell do i give prescott top flight qb money that's for sure. But Jerrah luvs him

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Gordon's use of the Cowboys' struggles when Elliott was absent from their offense as an example for why the Chargers should pay him actually doesn't do Gordon any favors. The Cowboys did struggle in Elliot's absence. However the Chargers won for games in Gordon's absence, some pretty big games at that against talented teams on the road. Imo, it highlights the fact that Gordon is a second-tier running back in the league, not a top-tier back, and that he is not nearly as important to the Chargers' offense as Elliott is to the Cowboys' offense. It makes the case for why Elliott is worth paying a top-tier contract and Gordon is not.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Gordon's use of the Cowboys' struggles when Elliott was absent from their offense as an example for why the Chargers should pay him actually doesn't do Gordon any favors. The Cowboys did struggle in Elliot's absence. However the Chargers won for games in Gordon's absence, some pretty big games at that against talented teams on the road. Imo, it highlights the fact that Gordon is a second-tier running back in the league, not a top-tier back, and that he is not nearly as important to the Chargers' offense as Elliott is to the Cowboys' offense. It makes the case for why Elliott is worth paying a top-tier contract and Gordon is not.
                Yep. To draw an analogy to vehicles, Zeek is kind of like a Hummer and Gordon is a Toyota Corolla (or a Nissan Leaf). A Hummer is 4WD, top of the line, can go off-roading and take a beating, and goes places where a Corolla/Leaf never could go. A Corolla or Leaf is still a very good car, but strictly limited to city and highway driving. Zeek, like a Hummer, is worth a lot more than Gordon. Now, if somebody tries to sell a Corolla or a Leaf on Craigslist, but is asking for Hummer money (assuming they're the same year, same condition, etc.), you're not going to get any takers. It will be interesting to see if any teams are desperate enough to overpay for that Corolla/Leaf/Gordon...
                Last edited by Topcat; 07-18-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. To draw an analogy to vehicles, Zeek is kind of like a Hummer and Gordon is a Toyota Corolla. A Hummer is 4WD, top of the line, can go off-roading and take a beating, and goes places where a Corolla never could go. A Corolla is still a very good car, but strictly limited to city and highway driving..
                  Wait Corolla's are supposed to be reliable though?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Wait Corolla's are supposed to be reliable though?
                    Oh, my. That IS a good point. Okay, due to his injury history, let's call Gordon a Nissan Leaf. Normally reliable, but known to break down at times...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 07-18-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The cowgirls were also missing their OC, LT, and RG. Two of them are all-pro.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Last year, Elliot had 73% of the Cowboys rushing yardage. The 10th best in NFL.
                        In the same time, Gordon had 47% of the 15th best rushing team.
                        I know Melvin had fewer carries and I know the Cowboys OL is better.
                        But the stats speek for itself.
                        If Elliot deserves 12 millions, Gordon should get 8 or 9.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

I read somewhere there's a possibility of some kind of patchwork quilt deal to keep Gordon for a few more years at a price agreeable to both parties. It wouldn't be a long term deal per se.

Comment

Working...
                          X