• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

None of us know the exact terms being offered MG III.

In Zeke's case, and in Joey Bosa's case for that matter, it ended up that very specific terms were negotiated and compromised upon.

There is a lot of white noise.
    So true. No idea what was actually offered and no idea if there was any negotiation around it.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
      That Zeke MEGA deal just screwed us. I really feel that the MG camp was waiting for the Zeke deal to set he market for them..... Here's my gripe. The ones that flip the bill ultimately are the fans. It is now a serious investment for season tickets.
      I don't think Zeke's deal matters to the ticket prices. The salary cap won't change because of his deal. Cowboy fans may have to pay higher merchandise prices, but I doubt even that will happen, because Jerry's bottom line remains the same. It's the Cowboy players that will suffer because there's a smaller piece of the pie left over for them.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

MG . "I stay healthy and do my thing and you pay me big bucks like Jerry did and you got yourself one potential SB team for the new stadium".
        Jerry already has a new state of the art stadium. Spanos' don't, but soon will. It's like...no wonder the Cowboys and Jerry Jones are Americas' team.
        Their GM thinks big. Kudos to Jerry and all your wealth and your limited time with us.

The Spanos' meanwhile have long term plans. Nepotism is one of them.
        Jerrah family's business is the cowgirls. His 3 children are all executives with the girls. Nepotism is rampant in the NFL as most are run as famibusinesses.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• RobH
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Tokyo, Japan
          • University English Lecturer
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

That's complete horseshit. Fuck players.... the owners break contracts constantly. He deserves a raise, just not as much as he and his clueless agents thinks he does.
          The owners don't break contracts. They are written such that they have the option of cutting the player and thus not paying him. That's why players and agents are all about the bonus.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Ontario , Canada
            • Send PM

Haha, that's a cool quote and all, but how does that actually answer my question? Nagy and Pederson are from the same Andy Reid coaching tree. One that doesn't use a "run only" RB to lead the team.
            Despite your opinion, PHI traded for him so obviously the coach or GM or both wanted him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So true. No idea what was actually offered and no idea if there was any negotiation around it.
              I might have bit on the Jordan Howard move. Sweeten the pot a little, Howie. Get this shite over with, TT.

My sources say MG III wants more guaranteed money, as opposed to just more money per se, to protect him from the risk of injury.

LAC are projecting the cap out several years, with a move up The 110 mixed in.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

I don't think Zeke's deal matters to the ticket prices. The salary cap won't change because of his deal. Cowboy fans may have to pay higher merchandise prices, but I doubt even that will happen, because Jerry's bottom line remains the same. It's the Cowboy players that will suffer because there's a smaller piece of the pie left over for them.
                Won't have any impact on ticket prices. The vast majority of income that the NFL generates is through TV and now other media. The Cowboys are hugely successful financially as the new stadium has plenty of luxury suites and Jerry keeps that. The Cowboys also control their own merchandise I believe. It's a pot of gold every single year.

As for other players suffering, the Rams have been paying everybody big $$ and they just have a TE a 4 year deal worth up to $36m. See if you can name him without google

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

The owners don't break contracts. They are written such that they have the option of cutting the player and thus not paying him. That's why players and agents are all about the bonus.
                  If the owners ever broke a contract they'd be sued out of existence. The signing bonus and the guaranteed money are the only things they agree to in the contracts and everybody knows this. Well, almost everyone I guess...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I might have bit on the Jordan Howard move. Sweeten the pot a little, Howie. Get this shite over with, TT.

My sources say MG III wants more guaranteed money, as opposed to just more money per se, to protect him from the risk of injury.

LAC are projecting the cap out several years, with a move up The 110 mixed in.
                    Yep, sweeten the pot by throwing in a 2nd rounder, and we got a deal...

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If the owners ever broke a contract they'd be sued out of existence. The signing bonus and the guaranteed money are the only things they agree to in the contracts and everybody knows this. Well, almost everyone I guess...
                      Gordon is not actually in breach of his contract. For not reporting the team can fine him and can withhold his paychecks of course, but they cannot sue him. This is all written into the CBA.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Do you also freak out when players are cut and are not paid the money due on their contracts? :thinking:
                        Has that ever happened? ..And no one sued? I'm thinking that anyone cut without a severance package had no guaranties in his contract. Ya gotta read the damn thing before signing.

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

So basically the last year of a contract is not playable because the player hasn't secured his future if he gets hurt...

Comment

Working...
                          X