• Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

And Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh.
    You guys wanna count on last second wins or big comebacks happening consistently, go for it

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Cuz Gordon is consistent?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Cuz Gordon is consistent?
        Yeah I pretty much know what to expect from him and he pretty consistently delivers

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah I pretty much know what to expect from him and he pretty consistently delivers a sub 4 yard per carry average, except for one good year.
          Fixed it for you.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Gordon realizes this - that's why he wants to get paid now. He might not be worth David Johnson money, but he's worth a hell of a lot more than 5.6 million dollars if he were a free agent. To put it in perspective, Joe 'freekin' Barksdale was earning the same amount to not block for Gordon.

If he's franchise tagged next season, & then let go after that, he'll be 28 years old. That will be one big pay year & then he's possibly done.

From a cold blooded football perspective, signing him to a 4 year contract probably would be a mistake. That's the dilemma.

If it were me, given the uniqueness of the running back position, i'd sweeten the pot this year and try to push it off. Those who say that will add incentive to other first rounders in their 4rth year...well, meet that bridge when it comes. If the Chargers stick to their 'successful' ham handed tradition this time, that doesn't mean Bosa won't try it next year. But then again, everyone wants to resign Bosa, so what exactly is the point of being inflexible now?
            Gordon knows the Chargers can't pay him that much and he wants to go to a team that can. It's all about money.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

i never said what he should get paid just that I think he should get paid and that he is under rated. We may have gone 4-0 with out him last year but it didn't pass the eye test, the running game and the offense was a shell of it self without him.

Last year him and Gurley and Zeke were the best RB in the league. Doesn't that mean he should be paid like one of the top backs in the league? He is third in scrimmage yards since his rookie season in the entire league. He has not been paid appropriately for that level of production. How many TDs would he have if he was given a chance to score as a rookie?

The team has only made known the intention that they want to sign him long term. He has made know he wants to be here. The only thing that's changed is he said he's not showing up to camp, did anyone actually expect him to with out a contract? This is a negotiation. This is a tactic. I think most of you are all way over reacting here and I think it's based on so many of you under rating what an absolute beast of a RB this guy is.
              Barkley, Mccafferey, Conner, Kamara, and Joe Mixon all had years as good. Again, your 3rd in scrimmage yards since he entered the league is a BS metric, it more or less eliminates every back drafted after him, or missed a season due to a injury and/or bell due to him sitting out last season. He has had 1 top 10 season. ONE. 1 year over 4.0 ypc. He has durability concerns. No way in hell do I pay him 13-15MM.
              Last edited by Panamamike; 07-14-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

where are you coming up with this Super Bowl window
                Went 12-4 ( 3rd best record in franchise history) last year and only lost to the Super Bowl Champs. Beat the AFC runner up on the road in the cold on national TV. Tyreek HIll will probably miss significant time I still think. We have improved more than the loss of TW and Philon cost us I think. I don't expect NE to repeat. I expect we would play much better in a NE rematch due to experience. This was a young team making its first post season experience last season, I expect them to build on that and take it further.
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  A key difference between Bell and Gordon is that at LEAST Bell honored his contract, finishing all 5 years. Gordon didn't, at least he's threatening not to. Bell sat out the SECOND year of a franchise tag. Gordon is threatening to sit out the final year of his rookie contract.
                  Last edited by Topcat; 07-14-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

A key difference between Bell and Gordon is that at LEAST Bell honored his contract, finishing all 5 years. Gordon didn't. Bell sat out the SECOND year of a franchise tag. Gordon is threatening to sit out the final year of his rookie contract.
                    Last edited by Panamamike; 07-14-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Gordon is the best RB the Chargers have, but $5+M is reasonably fair. I don't give him 11+M ever. Not that i don't like him, i just cant afford it in my cap. Sorry - thanks for the good times.

That said - I don't accept critics who say he didn't perform well early years. he ran behind one of the worst rush blocking OLs in the league. Gale fricken Sayers would have struggled behind that line. More than half the plays he was hit by 2+ defenders behind the LOS, fighting to get back to the LOS. Dude was balling alone out there as far as i'm concerned. We know this as whenever they stuck someone else in there, that RB did worse. Much worse.

That said - MG also knows a RB's life span is short - he needs to get what he can. I think he should take his 5.6, vs sit a year as its probably a wash to recoup it ever anyway. play out his rookie contract and then get paid somewhere. but loyalty in business is for suckers. Its a biz on both sides, and fans that hope otherwise will just always be perplexed, sad, mad, ...
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

BELL is infinitely more accomplished than MGIII. Bell sat out because he said he wanted his worth, which he figured was #1 RB and #2 WR combined. He said he would be the first 20MM RB. He also was convinced by his agent he would recoup his lost earnings on the open market. Instead, reality arrived and it cost him 800k a week, missed 14MM, and he signed for less than PITT offered him. He now gets the pleasure of play8 g for the JETS...LOL. Sounds like a great strategy to follow MGIII, ya knucklehead.
                        Last edited by Panamamike; 07-14-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          BELL is infinitely more accomplished than MGIII. Bell sat out because he said he wanted his worth, which he figured was #1 RB and #2 WR combined. He said he would be the first 20MM RB. He also was convinced by his agent he would recoup his lost earnings on the open market. Instead, reality arrived and it cost him 800k a week, missed 14MM, and he signed for less than PITT offered him. He now gets the pleasure of play8 g for the JETS...LOL. Sounds like a great strategy to follow MGIII, ya knucklehead.
                          I freaking love the truth...........

Comment

Working...
                          X