I'd trade Rivers and Gordon to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      I'd trade Rivers and Gordon to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers
      Hmmmm..... 0/40 when trailing teams with winning records in the 4th Q in his career. I don't like that stat at all. His late career injury rate also gives me pause.
      Last edited by Panamamike; 07-15-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post
        Thinking out loud here...

Of the possible trade partners, either Houston or Buffalo makes the most sense to me since their QBs are both still on their rookie deals. Houston has the most cap space of the two teams, I believe.

I think rosterwise, Tampa makes sense, but they probably would struggle to be able to pay Winston, Evans, and Gordon. I don't know their cap situation offhand, though. Maybe they could make it work if they wanted to bad enough.

I don't see Green Bay really as a fit because of the Rodgers contract. They probably can't afford Rodgers and Gordon just like we can't afford Rivers and Gordon.

Miami, I guess could work as well. Financially, Rosen's contract would make sense in a fit with Gordon.

If Guice's injury is serious enough, Washington could work since Haskins is on a rookie deal.

Cleveland already has enough RBs even without Johnson, so I don't see them being interested in Gordon. Plus, I think they have more financial sense that to send a boatload of money Gordon's way.

Maybe Indy? They have a lot of cap space and may not be thrilled with their RB situation.

Or Jacksonville? They might prefer Gordon to Fournette. You never know. I'm not sure that there's that much difference between the two players, though, so probably not.

Any other teams come to mind?
        How about the Bucs? Their backs, Barber and Jones were okay, but not stellar. Gordon would immediately become the feature back in that committee...

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Yahoo's Charles Robinson confirms Ezekiel Elliott is considering holding out of Cowboys training camp.

Per Robinson, the sides have been talking for over a month. Robinson believes Elliott will nix a holdout, even absent a new deal, if he believes the 'Boys are "making a serious push to get an extension worked." The Cowboys are scheduled to report in 12 days. Typically, players' leverage is at a peak heading into the final year of their contracts, but Elliott's camp could be sensing that is no longer true for running backs, who each season take a beating that inexorably diminishes their value.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

If the Browns can do a reclamation project on Kareem Hunt's career, why couldn't the Chargers do the same with waived Ravens RB Alex Collins? In 2018, there was talk that Collins was the future of the franchise.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              If the Browns can do a reclamation project on Kareem Hunt's career, why couldn't the Chargers do the same with waived Ravens RB Alex Collins? In 2018, there was talk that Collins was the future of the franchise.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...llowing-arrest
              Collins...a pothead with a gun in the vehicle...TT tends to shy away from signing "head" cases...

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Arlington, TX
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How about the Bucs? Their backs, Barber and Jones were okay, but not stellar. Gordon would immediately become the feature back in that committee...
                Yep, they're on my list and would be my #1 preferred destination for him since they're in the NFC. In fact, I think the Bucs are probably the most likely of any of the NFC teams to trade for Gordon.

For some reason, I just think that Houston and Buffalo are the top possibilities overall. Call it a gut feeling, I guess.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Hmmmm..... 0/40 when trailing teams with winning records in the 4th Q in his career. I don't like that stat at all. His late career injury rate also gives me pause.
                  i'm spit balling here panamamike. who do you want? I'm good with Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette or Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

I'd take fournette but can he catch? MGIII has been a valuable receiver for us
                    Gordon for Fournette feels too much like Brooks for Pete Johnson. So No. Lol!

Splitting the difference between D. Johnson & Freeman puts him st about $10.6M. I'm not sure if we even want to go that high, but if we did & he balked at it I'd let him know we were working on trade partners.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...llowing-arrest
                      Broke his leg. Just had surgery

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

i'm spit balling here panamamike. who do you want? I'm good with Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette or Aaron Rodgers.
                        Hunt: out 10 weeks and a FA end of year. Pass
                        fournette: repetitive hammy and ankle issues. Injured every year going back to college. Already a large price tag due to draft position. Suspect pass catcher. Pass.
                        Aaron Rodgers: about as available as Halie Barry as a last second Prom date.
                        Last edited by Panamamike; 07-15-2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I want Gordon and his agent to come to their GD senses.

Comment

Working...
                          X