• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EnglishBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • UK
    • Send PM

If I was Melvin, I would be looking at that as a benchmark, and will try to get as close to that as I can....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

6 years for a RB is a long time. Jerrah is crossing his fingers
      Seems to me, Jerrah values Zeke over Dak, Cooper.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by EnglishBolt View Post
        If I was Melvin, I would be looking at that as a benchmark, and will try to get as close to that as I can....
        Sure. Considering he is not in the same league as Zeke. 2/3 pay for 2/3 production. He was already offered as close as he will get.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

6 years for a RB is a long time. Jerrah is crossing his fingers
          Yep...Jerrah is crossing his fingers Zeke doesn't get hurt like Gurley...then the Boys will eat a ton of money...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            In our pass oriented offense he just isnt as important of a cog in the system. We can get by with less of a back without as much impact. It doesnt hurt having more talent but it doesnt floor the offense. Jackson has the right skillset to make the offense work effectively and he has some upside. He may make some mistakes but I think its not a bad direction if it ensures getting Bosa, Ingram, and other key players signed the next few years. Imo TT is doing this right. Gordon just has his value twisted up..if he had never missed a game he would be in a different situation.
            Even if Gordon had been injury free, I still don't think it would have changed much...okay, offer him $8.5 mil instead of $8 a year...

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
              Melvin is a better back than what we've got in ekler or Jackson, but he's not a game changing RB.
              This sums it up perfectly.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
                So reports are that Zeke will get close to 90 mil for 6 years. So about 15 mil a year. People are saying he is resetting the RB market. I don't see it that way.

He is just as or more valuable to the cowboys offensively than DAK IMO. Melvin is nowhere near that valuable to the Chargers. Zeke isn't resetting anything for guys like Melvin.

Melvin is a better back than what we've got in ekler or Jackson, but he's not a game changing RB.
                Yep. Melvin is kind of like the Toyota Camry who thinks he's a Maserati...

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

That Zeke MEGA deal just screwed us. I really feel that the MG camp was waiting for the Zeke deal to set he market for them..... Here's my gripe. The ones that flip the bill ultimately are the fans. It is now a serious investment for season tickets.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by EnglishBolt View Post
                    :LOL:

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Jerrah is crossing his fingers Zeke doesn't get hurt like Gurley...then the Boys will eat a ton of money...
                      I doubt it's getting hurt he's really worried about. It's more like all the dumb off field shit Zeke does finally catching up with him.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                        That Zeke MEGA deal just screwed us. I really feel that the MG camp was waiting for the Zeke deal to set he market for them..... Here's my gripe. The ones that flip the bill ultimately are the fans. It is now a serious investment for season tickets.
                        I don't see it. Zeke is a top notch back and is just as important as Dak (if not more) to the Cowboys offensively from their persepective.

Melvin on the other hand... No one is going to see Melvin and Zeke in the same light. It's not even close in terms of value.

But to play devils advocate for a moment... If what you're saying is true about him setting the market, this would be a good thing for us don't you think? Imagine what teams would give us for him in trade (while taking on his ridiculously valued contract) if what you're saying is right... How would that screw us?

I still don't see it though.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. Melvin is kind of like the Toyota Camry who thinks he's a Maserati...
                          V6, hybrid or 4 banger?

And by the way, I thought Camry's were known for their reliability. Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X