please let this happen football gods
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

A first and a 5th for Gordon? That is insane. While I'd love it, nobody will pay that price for him. Honestly, I'd be happy with a second or even a high 3rd for him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Idk man a 3rd is kinda like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I dont like the distraction at all either, plus i dont want to pay gordon so we can afford to pay bosa. Lowest id take would be a 2nd. Id prefer a OT, maybe trade him for jalen ramsey lol to pair him up with derwin "wont happen i just wanted the giggle of thinking about it" hopefully tt can pull a good trade out of his A*S
        A third is a bit light imo too, i agree with you. He is worth a first, i'd consider a 2 + 3, no way I take just one #3. That's likely what we'd get for a comp pick for a Top 3 Future HOF superstar RB (lol).

Otherwise - Let him sit at home and spend last year's money and tweet about his great plan. Next year the tag for RBs will be about 11M I heard (anyone know?) - IFF he comes in at game 10, I fine him all of what the league said to fine him. his $5.5M will be whittled down to $1M or less (guessing - not gonna do math here). Because at that point he's not doing anything for the team, he's just doing for himself to accrue a season.

No mercy bro. You'll be free and clear in 2021. Ask your agents to 'splain it ...
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

It's not a matter of need, it's a matter of IQ. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to pay him what he's asking for no matter what their current needs.

Further down the line, it may become a matter of desperation. If a team could make a Super Bowl push and they lose their starting RB, they might be desperate enough. That's the only thing he can hang his hat on realistically.

I think his career may be over and he doesn't even realize it.
          I agree, just saying they have a tremendous hole at RB.

I could see the Packers if Jones were to go down being a possible suitor. Because Jamal Williams is hot garbage.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I agree, just saying they have a tremendous hole at RB.

I could see the Packers if Jones were to go down being a possible suitor. Because Jamal Williams is hot garbage.
            Pack. Wisconsin guy returns home

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              The rumor from a 'league source' says the Chargers told a team that they want a 1st and a 5th in trade for Gordon. - PFT
              LOL, TT been reading the art of the deal?

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

LOL, TT been reading the art of the deal?
                Ya know, maybe we've all been severely undervaluing MG. Maybe? Nah.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Pack. Wisconsin guy returns home
                  One of the only contenders that are razor thin at RB depth behind Jones. The entire home town thing just makes it a made for TV story.

Although I own Jones in a few FF leagues, so I'm not particularly rooting for him to go down.:rasta:

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Idk man a 3rd is kinda like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I dont like the distraction at all either, plus i dont want to pay gordon so we can afford to pay bosa. Lowest id take would be a 2nd. Id prefer a OT, maybe trade him for jalen ramsey lol to pair him up with derwin "wont happen i just wanted the giggle of thinking about it" hopefully tt can pull a good trade out of his A*S
                    agree on the second, and.... like how the Chargers are thinking, asking for another pick/a fifth rounder.... lotsa day two talent @RB in next year's draft:

AJ Dillon/245 lbs https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/5-play-prospect--boston-college-rb-a.j.-Dillon

Najee Harris/230 lbs http://nfldraftbible.com/scouting-report-najee-harris-rb-alabama/

ps. also agree that the likely suspect is TB
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• El_Tee
                      I’m No Noob
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Disney World, FL
                      • Send PM

Gordon is very good, not elite and our offer wasn't insulting.

Asking for a 1st as a starting point is smart. I'm sure we'd take a 2nd.

This whole this is a mess because we see other teams pay their guys.

But we also have a lot a lot to worry about in the next year or two. I wouldn't want to keep gordon at the expense of a healthy Bosa for example.

May the same time the cap keeps rising and a few more million for Gordon doesn't matter for example in 2021-2022. It'll likely be pocket change.

But either way, he isn't coming back until week 10 and I just hope the team continuity and player attitude is right. Because in hindsight, assuming we are playoff bound, a healthy new toy isn't a bad problem to have.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

will add that I think he blew it and badly by not accepting the Chargers overly generous offer of $10m.... (think he will be lucky to get 3yrs/$10m on his next contract).

the question I have is how dinged up is he, and is he monies/years ahead resting/recuperating under this spurious/shroud of a holdout ?? ....as otherwise he is losing dollars/week by not reporting.... ill advised may be an understatement.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

A third is a bit light imo too, i agree with you. He is worth a first, i'd consider a 2 + 3, no way I take just one #3. That's likely what we'd get for a comp pick for a Top 3 Future HOF superstar RB (lol).

Otherwise - Let him sit at home and spend last year's money and tweet about his great plan. Next year the tag for RBs will be about 11M I heard (anyone know?) - IFF he comes in at game 10, I fine him all of what the league said to fine him. his $5.5M will be whittled down to $1M or less (guessing - not gonna do math here). Because at that point he's not doing anything for the team, he's just doing for himself to accrue a season.

No mercy bro. You'll be free and clear in 2021. Ask your agents to 'splain it ...
                          I wouldn't take anything less than a 2nd if I were Telesco. I don't think he's worth a 1st though. I can see a team getting desperate and plunking down a second and giving him the contract he wants. It would take a major injury to a top RB or a team with a totally ineffective RB corps and a lot of cap room.

Comment

Working...
                          X