• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

White was my favorite pick last year. Too bad he missed most of the season. He really, really lays the wood on people when he hits them. Think Rodney Harrison. Him beefing up means he can keep doing that and not hurt himself. If he can stay healthy I think Bolt fans are going to love White. He fell because most teams could not find a place to play him but the Chargers seem to be more creative and adaptive. Other teams will copy if it continues to be successful.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Why is Cantrell deemed a great blocker? He blocked B and C-level College CBs and was decent at it as a WR out blocking isolated outside Corners off a play. That doesn't mean he can block A-grade DEs and OLBs from an H-back spot. I'm gonna need to see that before I start cutting other players. Maybe a year gives him the experience to step up, that would be cool as he's a big body. I just haven't seen him able to get open vs NFL DBs yet.
      You can say that about ANY player in college like Stick or Ekeler, Gates, or any small school guy people are excited about. Hec even the other bigger school guys are mostly going against guys that won't be drafted.

Fact is no matter what level, WRs aren't really noted as being great blockers and rarely do you hear anyone mention it so for that to be mentioned, he must be exceptional at it.
      It's a start for him anyways as that is something they have to coach as always like willing blockers.
      That said I doubt Cantrell sees any time as a H back

​​​​​​
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-04-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

ahead of Davis, and.... you're taking Denzel off the field ??
        Yes and yes!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

ahead of Davis, and.... you're taking Denzel off the field ??
          Absolutely, Perryman has no business on the field in nickel.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes and yes!
            As high as I am on White, I can't see him starting over a healthy Davis.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              Why is Cantrell deemed a great blocker? He blocked B and C-level College CBs and was decent at it as a WR out blocking isolated outside Corners off a play. That doesn't mean he can block A-grade DEs and OLBs from an H-back spot. I'm gonna need to see that before I start cutting other players. Maybe a year gives him the experience to step up, that would be cool as he's a big body. I just haven't seen him able to get open vs NFL DBs yet.
              Of course. We need to see it. Doesnt mean he cant have a reputation for being a solid blocker as a prospect. His coach has said it. It was something that routinely came up with his profile breakdowns. He is a good blocking WR.

The H Back stuff came from his coaches mouth. But yes i agree....we need to see it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You can say that about ANY player in college like Stick or Ekeler, Gates, or any small school guy people are excited about. Hec even the other bigger school guys are mostly going against guys that won't be drafted.

Fact is no matter what level, WRs aren't really noted as being great blockers and rarely do you hear anyone mention it so for that to be mentioned, he must be exceptional at it.
                It's a start for him anyways as that is something they have to coach as always like willing blockers.
                That said I doubt Cantrell sees any time as a H back

​​​​​​
                you're right on that. I don't think he has the size for Hback but the league is changing. the position could change too I guess. he was very productive against NCAA dbs ... i didn't see alot in his first camp/PS but another year and who knows ...
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I think his perimeter blocking is great. The stuff closer to the LOS is yet to be seen. But he has put good perimeter blocking on film. Its out there.

​​​​​​Blocking

In both the running game and on wide receiver screens, Cantrell is a relentless blocker.

​​​​​​He's technically sound, keeping defenders engaged and has the strength to finish his blocks.

Cantrell is one of the better stalk blockers in the wide receiver class, an obvious strength to his game. He consistently blocks and plays with high effort in an attempt to keep his teammates upright. Cantrell has the technique to go with his size, strength and length, as he continually climbs with fast feet to initiate contact with the defensive backs. Texas Tech moved Cantrell to H-back on multiple packages to get him involved in run blocking, showing off his versatility in that regard.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I think his perimeter blocking is great. The stuff closer to the LOS is yet to be seen. But he has put good perimeter blocking on film. Its out there.

​​​​​​Blocking

In both the running game and on wide receiver screens, Cantrell is a relentless blocker.

​​​​​​He's technically sound, keeping defenders engaged and has the strength to finish his blocks.

Cantrell is one of the better stalk blockers in the wide receiver class, an obvious strength to his game. He consistently blocks and plays with high effort in an attempt to keep his teammates upright. Cantrell has the technique to go with his size, strength and length, as he continually climbs with fast feet to initiate contact with the defensive backs. Texas Tech moved Cantrell to H-back on multiple packages to get him involved in run blocking, showing off his versatility in that regard.

For anyone that has done any study on Dylan, it would be hard to miss his blocking prowess, on video or in write ups. That and his willingness to fight for the ball are his strengths. I'm excited to see what he brings and if he can earn a role in this loaded offense.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

remember having the sense that Courtland Sutton might be a sneaky good player out of that draft, and even referred to him w/some Jerry Rice 2.0 feel to him, and....

then I met/came upon Dylan Cantrell.... wasn't overly impressed, save for one small bit.... his 3 cone/20 yd shuttle were better than CS.... am looking forward to seeing what he's got.

http://www.nfl.com/prospects/courtland-sutton?id=32195355-5433-3526-b2bf-88d6b83781c0

http://www.nfl.com/prospects/dylan-cantrell?id=32194341-4e78-9339-5427-faf42921e1f6
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I hope Dylan can emerge as a receiving threat, because his blocking prowess will not be useful if he's not on the field. his blocking does jump out on college tape. what jumped out last year in PS was he couldn't separate from 2nd and 3rd string DBs to get open. another year under his belt, he could get better. I just havent seen it yet. TW wasn't great at getting open quickly, which is why his YPC was high, he dominates further down the field. Dylan doesnt have his speed. Lets see - i'll give him a shot.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

We've got at least one UDFA speedster in camp too, like last offseason when they were trying out different guys than Benjamin for returns. Whoever wins out and can give a few quality snaps per game, what I expect from last dude on the depth chart so fine with whomever.

Comment

Working...
                          X