Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Wow. Just reading our line was ranked 29th by PFF even before Okung was hurt. I don't agree w that ranking but w Okung out we definitely are at or near the bottom now. Not sure if someone posted this here already but here it is https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-off...-entering-2019

Telesco has left this too late already but he needs to get in a quality backup LT now via trade or someone's cuts. If he doesn't and the OL costs us wins this season there should be a serious review of his performance at GM. If I was River's I would be pissed having to play behind this OL.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Exactly!Enough with this shitty o line already.Either DO it or get shit canned and replaced with someone who CAN.Most of us don't care that TT has really tried to draft good worthwhile o line.Either get a good o line for the most important player on the team or walk.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

So what other position would you rather be struggling with? That's the choice. You need good players everywhere.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              So what other position would you rather be struggling with? That's the choice. You need good players everywhere.
              Come on Steve you're football savvy, you know the trenches are the most important position group in football. TT gets paid to figure it out. Let's also remember PR is not mobile so it's extra important to protect him (yes he is good at making quick throws and sliding on the pocket but that only goes so far)

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

CD407D36-C40E-4683-89C6-B4A73D2E5318.jpeg
                Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Exactly!Enough with this shitty o line already.Either DO it or get shit canned and replaced with someone who CAN.Most of us don't care that TT has really tried to draft good worthwhile o line.Either get a good o line for the most important player on the team or walk.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Come on Steve you're football savvy, you know the trenches are the most important position group in football. TT gets paid to figure it out. Let's also remember PR is not mobile so it's extra important to protect him (yes he is good at making quick throws and sliding on the pocket but that only goes so far)
                  I'm a process guy. For the Chargers to win consistently, they need to find a sucessful "formula" for lack of a better term. OL is important, but so is not letting people run rampant in the secondary. So is having a TE on 3rd down to convert. So is having a RB who gets the extra yards on 2nd and 6. There are a lot of things that go into winning championships. TT has been very good at building a roster. He has had relatively little bad luck via draft picks, and a large percentage of it has come on the OL.

I think most fans are just pissed because they want the OL to be better. I do too. But not at the expense of somewhere else. That is just trading problems.

Maybe it is because I have to make so many predictions at work, but it is really hard to make forecasts of what will happen in the future and do it without a crystal ball. I understand the need to have top notch OL or DL. Every year I have come out of the draft looking at TT picks and thinking it looks pretty good. We drafted Feeney and Lamp pretty high, and Tevi got a lot better over the course of the season. I'm not saying it's not important, but I agree with a lot of the pick by pick decisions. I also am buying into the don't draft for need thing. When TT reaches for FA, he misses badly. I don't think his draft is going to be that much different.

I find the OL argument disingenuous. Unless you are going to go player by player, and review the UDFA lists, it is hard to say we should have taken an OL here instead of Bosa or this OL in place of James and think we will necessarily be better off.

When it comes down to it, I thought the roster was a complete gut job when we hired Lynn (close to it anyway). We got back on top in basically 1 season. We are still in the rebuilding mode and the OL is the last area, with the possible exception of QB. A lot of teams do have championships with less talented OL.

My solution is to trade for Williams. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it is the only choice available. We don't know if we are going to get Okung back, for what is a complete fluke of a problem for NFL players. Williams is a top-notch player, and he is available. The Redskins are trying to talk up the price of the trade with that phony story about NE and the 1st round pick, but it isn't going to take a 1st round pick Probably more like a 3rd or 4th, maybe less than that. That fills an OL position of need, even if Okung comes back.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Nice sentiment, but all it does is throws away what little talent we have and gets us a bunch of worse scrubs off the street. And those guys are not going to get better, so the rest of the roster will languish while we piss draft pick after draft pick on OL, and because we are drafting out of desperation, we will continue to miss and miss and miss. Pretty soon we will be back at 1-15. DOn't think it can happen, my brother is a Redskins fan for one. For second, you've all seen it yourselves. That is what WE used to do, back in the day.

This is just a bitchfest from fans who think the sky has fallen. Guess what, the OL play can get a hell of a lot worse than it has been. Plenty of teams have gotten close to being a championship team only to have to wait while critical players develop to get them over the top. Put your big girl panties on and wait and see.

Oh, by the way, we do this every single year. The only difference this year, is it is usually week 3 that people start, and week 4 is the panic. We started a week or two early last year.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Nice sentiment, but all it does is throws away what little talent we have and gets us a bunch of worse scrubs off the street. And those guys are not going to get better, so the rest of the roster will languish while we piss draft pick after draft pick on OL, and because we are drafting out of desperation, we will continue to miss and miss and miss. Pretty soon we will be back at 1-15. DOn't think it can happen, my brother is a Redskins fan for one. For second, you've all seen it yourselves. That is what WE used to do, back in the day.

This is just a bitchfest from fans who think the sky has fallen. Guess what, the OL play can get a hell of a lot worse than it has been. Plenty of teams have gotten close to being a championship team only to have to wait while critical players develop to get them over the top. Put your big girl panties on and wait and see.

Oh, by the way, we do this every single year. The only difference this year, is it is usually week 3 that people start, and week 4 is the panic. We started a week or two early last year.
                      Colts got a good o line in basically one season so get the hell outta here with that bullshit argument dude.And what is this o line ranked genius?It can't get much worse so stick that in yer panties and walk on.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

And alot of us have been "bitching" about this lame o line for years because the g.m. Still aint got it right.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

If the Colts are the shining light on a hill at Oline, I say this.

It remains to be seen if Braden Smith can continue to hold up at ORT vs pass rushers. He faltered down the stretch last year. Was anybody around here watching ? Does anybody even know that detail ? I only liked Braden Smith as an OG in his draft.

Can Ryan Kelly remain healthy and durable for two years in a row ? Maybe, but he has had health issues in the past.

A generational OG, Quentin Nelson, fell into the Colts lap. This is where most of the talk comes from.

They are one injury, one blood clot, away from throwing a player by the name of Le'Raven Clark out there. He's terrible.

With the turn of a card, the Chargers Oline storyline could change.

Let's see what happens.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X