Utter bullshit not to play him.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

he'll get there, but it takes time to develop the technique and some things you just can't rush. Putting players who don't have the mechanics are not going to have the consistency or confidence to do things right play after play. It takes time.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        he'll get there, but it takes time to develop the technique and some things you just can't rush. Putting players who don't have the mechanics are not going to have the consistency or confidence to do things right play after play. It takes time.
        Yes. Yes. Offensive linemen have to first unlearn bad habits. Lamp surely has athleticism...and Feeney...and Pipkins.

Now, Feeney, for example, is getting his arms/hands too far outside of defender's shoulder pads, and drawing holding penalties at inopportune times. Tighten this up, and his abilities out in space will continue to create real nice running lanes.

Many of us still clamor for a left side of Lamp @ OLT and Feeney @ OLG, as refined players.

It takes time.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Feeney's technique sucks, Scho's is not much better. And any improvement from what I saw last year is pretty minimal. Not a coach, just pretty good at spotting crap cuz Charger fan. Also seeing this same bullshit at other positions so no it's not a development issue, guys getting playing time have massive liabilities that are costing us games, while talent (still to fully develop, sure) like Adderly and Lamp are riding pine. At some point these young players need game snaps to fulfill their potential, yes? How is putting them out there now a bad thing when starting a Feeney or a Teamer is a bleedingly obvious rush job, with IMHO lower expectations?

We ain't playing the best five, not at OL or DB (or LB I suspect). Criminal.
          Last edited by blueman; 10-02-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Feeney's technique sucks, Scho's is not much better. And any improvement from what I saw last year is pretty minimal. Not a coach, just pretty good at spotting crap cuz Charger fan. Also seeing this same bullshit at other positions so no it's not a development issue, guys getting playing time have massive liabilities that are costing us games, while talent (still to fully develop, sure) like Adderly and Lamp are riding pine. At some point these young players need game snaps to fulfill their potential, yes? How is putting them out there now when starting a Feeney or a Teamer is a bleedingly obvious rush job, with IMHO lower expectations?

We ain't playing the best five, not at OL or DB (or LB I suspect). Criminal.
            The reality is that the coaching staff watches both players carefully and clearly feel that Feeney is a better player than Lamp is right now and gives us the best chance to succeed. The potential vs growing pains is always a balancing act.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Sometimes it feels like they play it too safe though.This season is off to a rough start anyway, may as well get the new guys in and let em learn for real.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The reality is that the coaching staff watches both players carefully and clearly feel that Feeney is a better player than Lamp is right now and gives us the best chance to succeed. The potential vs growing pains is always a balancing act.
                That's a hard sell, rich, cuz two words: Cardale Jones. This coaching regime plays favorites not based on talent, we've seen it so really tough to trust their judgement. Is what it is.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

That's a hard sell, rich, cuz two words: Cardale Jones. This coaching regime plays favorites not based on talent, we've seen it so really tough to trust their judgement. Is what it is.
                  I don't recall Cardale going in to start a game. I don't recall him taking a snap.

I agree the coaching staff got too locked in too early on who they saw as their best 5 OL starters and it is inhibiting their ability to adapt or evaluate alternatives or develop players with more promise. but Cardale? apples n oranges. plus ... he's not even on the team.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don't recall Cardale going in to start a game. I don't recall him taking a snap.

I agree the coaching staff got too locked in too early on who they saw as their best 5 OL starters and it is inhibiting their ability to adapt or evaluate alternatives or develop players with more promise. but Cardale? apples n oranges. plus ... he's not even on the team.
                    Example of coaches playing favorites, cuz why was he ever even on the team much less taking pre season game reps? If he is such a great backup QB candidate, why is he still available? Some decisions this coaching staff make are not reality-based.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Example of coaches playing favorites, cuz why was he ever even on the team much less taking pre season game reps? If he is such a great backup QB candidate, why is he still available? Some decisions this coaching staff make are not reality-based.
                      Once again not sure why you use Jones as an example. He was a project that cost a 7th. If he had developed then great. Since he didn't, we ended up cutting bait. People's worst nightmare about Lynn and Jones turned out not to be true.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

The joys and confusion of analytics:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          The joys and confusion of analytics:
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/danielrpo...95738272669696
                          Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the link, Xenos.

Surely noisey posters will now think before they type.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X