• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

you can call it my negativity, albeit the truth is it is near verbatim from some of the top draft sites and pundits on the web, and not saying that TWill doesn't struggle.... my point is that MW is not markedly better than Tyrell @this point in time.

MW may well and by most accounts here, will be the better wideout, but what was the cost in draft capital, what did we pass/miss out on in opportunity cost, and is that the formula that is going to get us to the SB, not to mention winning the thing ??
    Don't know why you keep mentioning guys we didn't draft that you liked. Never seen a poster have a vendetta like that and dislike another player because of it

They didn't draft AJ Brown because they didn't need a WR. Is Cajuste starting? Don't see the point of even mentioning them. It's their rookie year.

MW may never be a #1 as long as we have Keenan but he would be elsewhere. That's a good problem for us to have if you ask me.

Tyrell is a #1 by default since the diva threw a tantrum and got run out of town. But yesterday he displayed a shortcoming which resulted in a INT for Carr. Rivers can relate to that.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-16-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

One thing about Mike Williams that bothered me is that when returned from his back injury as a rookie, he was a complete washout the remainder of the season. He was the No. 7 overall pick and was supposed to be NFL ready. But he was a waste of roster space the entirety of 2017. His most ardent supporters give him a pass for that season because he was battling injury and just wasn't able to get it together. Now they are pointing out that he hasn't missed a game since week 6 or 7 of his rookie season as proof of his durability, overlooking the fact that he was pretty much useless in those 10 games he did play as a rookie. I like Mike Williams and think he still hasn't reached his full potential. But to say he is clearly superior to Tyrell Williams is just not true. Maybe in the future, but he hasn't shown in yet. I would like Mike Williams a lot better if we had not spent a No. 7 overall pick on him. Kenny Golladay, who scored the game-winning TD against us yesterday, was a 3rd round pick in the same draft as MW and is just as good as MW. I think MW to this point is a 3rd round talent. Not a top 10 talent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        One thing about Mike Williams that bothered me is that when returned from his back injury as a rookie, he was a complete washout the remainder of the season. He was the No. 7 overall pick and was supposed to be NFL ready. But he was a waste of roster space the entirety of 2017. His most ardent supporters give him a pass for that season because he was battling injury and just wasn't able to get it together. Now they are pointing out that he hasn't missed a game since week 6 or 7 of his rookie season as proof of his durability, overlooking the fact that he was pretty much useless in those 10 games he did play as a rookie. I like Mike Williams and think he still hasn't reached his full potential. But to say he is clearly superior to Tyrell Williams is just not true. Maybe in the future, but he hasn't shown in yet. I would like Mike Williams a lot better if we had not spent a No. 7 overall pick on him. Kenny Golladay, who scored the game-winning TD against us yesterday, was a 3rd round pick in the same draft as MW and is just as good as MW. I think MW to this point is a 3rd round talent. Not a top 10 talent.
        Thats what happens when you miss TC and it's why Adderly isn't playing. Missing TC as a rookie is a set back. And he is a better WR than Tyrell.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

The question is moot.

We only have Mike. Tyrell is no longer a Charger.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O

Probably. It has a chance to be a years long discussion. I like Tyrell, but he's a Raider now.

Originally posted by La Costa Boy

He is DEAD to me............

eye didn't start this thread and vote to close this thing down.... eye disagree w/Jolt and prolly will for the rest of our days.... go Chargers.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Again, I like Mike. My bike likes Mike. But I would rather have drafted Marshon Lattimore or Malik Hooker with the 7th pick in 2017, and drafted Juju Smith-Schuster or Cooper Kupp or Kenny Golladay in the 3rd round.

We could have also kept Tyrell Williams and traded Mike Williams (while his stock was high coming off a 10-TD season) for a draft pick to get the best or one of the best OTs in April's draft.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

eye didn't start this thread and vote to close this thing down.... eye disagree w/Jolt and prolly will for the rest of our days.... go Chargers.
                I'm ok with it, but closing a thread is a big deal, usually reserved to when people are really throwing insults at each other. I believe in the thick skin of most of the members that they aren't actively trying to troll each other, but can have disagreements. Besides that, someone will bring this up all the way to the next Raider game if one or the other Williams has a good or bad day. I moved the posts as the NFL News topic was becoming a one topic thread.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Mike Williams' drops becoming a concern. His completion percentage is just 53 percent on the season (15 targets, 8 catches). He has had some egregious drops in the three games. Making clutch catches was supposed to be his strength and the reason he was picked No. 7 overall. Tyrell Williams, in contrast, has an 82 percent completion percentage (14 targets, 17 catches). Tyrell has scored 3 times, compared to 0 scores for Mike.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...-action-review

Drops

There was no improvement from week 2 to week 3 here. Mike Williams and Travis Benjamin both had awful drops again this week. Benjamin's performance was especially painful as he dropped the potentially game winning pass after it hit him in the hands. Mike Williams is more frustrating than concerning. He comes down with some pretty spectacular catches, especially in traffic, but he needs to figure out these drops. It's hard to tell if it's just loss of concentration or inconsistent technique but whatever it is, he needs to figure it out, and fast. Philip Rivers targeted 8 different players and only 3 of them caught more than 50% of their targets. Compare that to Houston, where 6 different players were targeted for passes and all of them caught over 50% of their targets. In fact, all 3 of the Chargers' opponents this year have put the Chargers' WRs and TEs to shame. The Detroit Lions had 6 of their 8 players with at least 1 target catch over 50% of their passes and the Indianapolis Colts had 7 of their 8 targeted players catch at least 50% of their passes. Week 1 was the only time this season the Chargers had more than half of the players Rivers threw at catch over 50% of their targeted passes.

Mike Williams catching 8 of his 15 targets on the season and Travis Benjamin catching 4 of his 10 targets is unacceptable. Yes not all of those targets were "catchable" but both of these receivers have at least 4 drops already this season, and usually on passes that would be first downs or touchdowns.

Last edited by Velo; 09-23-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

This "analysis" might be one of the worst, rambling pieces of garbage I have ever read.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Mike Williams had 3 catches yesterday. He's on pace to match last year's total of 43 catches.

Not a #7 pick's production

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                        The question is moot.

We only have Mike. Tyrell is no longer a Charger.
                        I think this subject is more of a how the F.O. handled the situation with letting T.W. walk and drafting MDubb at a very high draft position.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Mike Williams had 3 catches yesterday. He's on pace to match last year's total of 43 catches.

Not a #7 pick's production
                          Agreed.No hindsight GM b.s. but I wanted us to grab Hooker that draft and thought we would.Was disappointed in the pick that year.Now saying that does NOT mean I hate Mdubb and dont wish him success lol.Just wasnt really stoked with picking a guy that was seriously injured in college even with a bounce back year at #7

Comment

Working...
                          X