• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Yeah, they can't, but the image of an half empty stadium isn't going to be good. It's debatable that they lose money by not selling PSLs, but they aren't going to increase revenue beyond what they get in TV money and sales to ticket brokers, and those masochistic enough to go to games as 'fans'.
    PSL money goes mostly to the construction costs so no skin off the Chargers nose. What they don’t get, and wanted and moved to LA for, is the luxury box money that they don’t have to share.

the league should look for a deep pocketed owner who loves football and is smart but doesn’t have kids (unless they’re under 5) and knows how to hire.

Ballmer is a weird guy but he’s doing a good job with the Clippers, another San Diego transplant, that had poor ownership and was never adopted by LA but is favored to win a title this year

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

PSL money goes mostly to the construction costs so no skin off the Chargers nose. What they don’t get, and wanted and moved to LA for, is the luxury box money that they don’t have to share.

the league should look for a deep pocketed owner who loves football and is smart but doesn’t have kids (unless they’re under 5) and knows how to hire.

Ballmer is a weird guy but he’s doing a good job with the Clippers, another San Diego transplant, that had poor ownership and was never adopted by LA but is favored to win a title this year
      Adam Schefter predicted Chargers vs. Rams Superbowl last year, does that make Spanos a good owner for being predicted to win?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Adam Schefter predicted Chargers vs. Rams Superbowl last year, does that make Spanos a good owner for being predicted to win?
        Schefter got snowed like a lot of us by the 12-4 record last year. The Okung went down in June, MG held out in July and Derwin broke his foot in August. It’s just snowballed from there. Those 3 gut punches to key cogs on the team set the tone for 2-5

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Schefter got snowed like a lot of us by the 12-4 record last year. The Okung went down in June, MG held out in July and Derwin broke his foot in August. It’s just snowballed from there. Those 3 gut punches to key cogs on the team set the tone for 2-5
          No not this year, prior to 12-4 Schefter predicted us.

I do agree with those 3 things changing the atmosphere for this year.

I want to repost this;

A few things .. I assume the Rams have sold more PSL's but is that really to true fans or is that to brokers and businesses? It doesn't seem like L.A. supports the Rams much either ... fans invading their stadium (like Charger fans when they played last year to a 50/50 crowd). I get and and agree it will either be half full or loaded with the other teams fans but isn't this going to pretty much be the same issue for the Rams? (And Raiders in Vegas?) Why is always about JUST the Bolts?

The appeal to buying a PSL is you get your money back!! (I think the Rams are doing this too, anyone know for sure?). I just personally don't want to wait 40 years (and have to purchase season tix for 40 straight years) and see the money in my 80's, who is to say I will even be alive plus I have no children to leave the money to.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

No not this year, prior to 12-4 Schefter predicted us.

I do agree with those 3 things changing the atmosphere for this year.

I want to repost this;

A few things .. I assume the Rams have sold more PSL's but is that really to true fans or is that to brokers and businesses? It doesn't seem like L.A. supports the Rams much either ... fans invading their stadium (like Charger fans when they played last year to a 50/50 crowd). I get and and agree it will either be half full or loaded with the other teams fans but isn't this going to pretty much be the same issue for the Rams? (And Raiders in Vegas?) Why is always about JUST the Bolts?

The appeal to buying a PSL is you get your money back!! (I think the Rams are doing this too, anyone know for sure?). I just personally don't want to wait 40 years (and have to purchase season tix for 40 straight years) and see the money in my 80's, who is to say I will even be alive plus I have no children to leave the money to.
            40 years? The NFL may not be around in 40 years. I think you can sell your PSL before 40 years have passed.

It's always about the Bolts because the situation is much worse for them. They aren't playing to 50/50 crowds against strong franchises. They are playing to 75-90% visiting fans when they play those teams. The Steelers game was outrageous. Packers will be just as bad.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

40 years? The NFL may not be around in 40 years. I think you can sell your PSL before 40 years have passed.

It's always about the Bolts because the situation is much worse for them. They aren't playing to 50/50 crowds against strong franchises. They are playing to 75-90% visiting fans when they play those teams. The Steelers game was outrageous. Packers will be just as bad.
              The resale value of PSL's aren't always getting your money back though, look at the NYJ resale value, way below paying price.

You are right about the strong franchises but this happens to the Rams also (and will with the Raiders in Vegas is my prediction, what a weekend for out of town fans). Packers invaded the Coliseum had about 70% of the fans. The Steelers would of as well. The Saints, Seahawks, Cowboys and 49'ers outdrew them also. This to me isn't a Chargers only issue, this is a transient, warm weather, destination city issue. This happened to the Cardinals when they first moved to Phoenix and still happens when they play strong franchises. I'm sick of the media making it a Chargers only issue. It is a Chargers, Rams, Raiders, and Cardinals issue.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

The resale value of PSL's aren't always getting your money back though, look at the NYJ resale value, way below paying price.

You are right about the strong franchises but this happens to the Rams also (and will with the Raiders in Vegas is my prediction, what a weekend for out of town fans). Packers invaded the Coliseum had about 70% of the fans. The Steelers would of as well. The Saints, Seahawks, Cowboys and 49'ers outdrew them also. This to me isn't a Chargers only issue, this is a transient, warm weather, destination city issue. This happened to the Cardinals when they first moved to Phoenix and still happens when they play strong franchises. I'm sick of the media making it a Chargers only issue. It is a Chargers, Rams, Raiders, and Cardinals issue.
                Sure blame the media. The Chargers moved to a market that didn’t want them. That’s not a media issue. They are outdrawn by a greater margin than any of the teams you mentioned. That’s not a media issue. The move was a complete failure.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

We agree to disagree, the Rams shouldn't get a pass imo

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

We agree to disagree, the Rams shouldn't get a pass imo
                    Go to the games and we’ll talk again

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Go to the games and we’ll talk again
                      I've been to a lot of games, (in SD), in L.A. for the Chargers "home" games and to the Rams "home" games. YOU?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

F'n Al Michaels says in his opinion 80% Packer fans at Carson next week, thanks for your 2 cents Al, no one asked, why do I doubt Al would of said there will be 80% Packer fans at the Coliseum against the Rams (like there was) ... sigh

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

NFL hasn’t been able to muzzle Al Michaels. He just took another cheap shot at LA by saying next week Green Bay has a road game in name only and it will be 80% Packers fans.

Not sure what will happen, but status quo seems highly unlikely. Still think they turn to St Louis in the end.

Comment

Working...
                          X