• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

So Spanos out-foxed Stan the business man?
    At least they can win off the field.
    Go Spanos!
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

I'm a big A's fan and they are trying to get something done and a site has been identified and I believe the process is underway. That said we're talking about Oakland and Alameda County here so this could go bad at any time.

I can can understand wanting the A's they win but the Raiders?
      I don't want the Raiders just think it would be funny if they got both of Oakland's teams. And i do like the A's.

However, though baseball is something the City would like to have, seems they are focusing more on a NBA franchise. Which for me,...I don't care. Not a basketball fan.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I find this all pretty Hilarious.

Kinda reminds of me when Al Davis was gonna get a new stadium in LA but then found out he'd have to concede to potentially sharing it with another team. Guess what? He said no. BYE LA.

Stan on the other hand seems stuck with the situation now, while fronting the cost. Meanwhile Chargers guaranteed cheap ass rent for a very long time... Oh how badly Stan wanted that LA stadium...

Rams seem so proud of jokingly telling Charger fans to "pay their rent". Who is really getting screwed here?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
          I find this all pretty Hilarious.

Kinda reminds of me when Al Davis was gonna get a new stadium in LA but then found out he'd have to concede to potentially sharing it with another team. Guess what? He said no. BYE LA.

Stan on the other hand seems stuck with the situation now, while fronting the cost. Meanwhile Chargers guaranteed cheap ass rent for a very long time... Oh how badly Stan wanted that LA stadium...

Rams seem so proud of jokingly telling Charger fans to "pay their rent". Who is really getting screwed here?
          Kroenke has nobody but himself for allowing a stadium that needed to cost $2 billion to be profitable (which would be a hell of a nice stadium) and turning into a gigantic $5 billion dollar project.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Kroenke has nobody but himself for allowing a stadium that needed to cost $2 billion to be profitable (which would be a hell of a nice stadium) and turning into a gigantic $5 billion dollar project.
            Yep. And guess what? I'm loving every minute of it LOL

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

They all drank the same kool aid thinking LA was starving for the NFL and big corporate dollars would pay primo money for suites and boxes. The Chargers aren't gonna make out at the big stadium even if they fill it if they don't sell suites and get that money. They are no better off than if they'd stayed in SD just with more egg on their faces and a big relocation fee payment due each year eating into their tv profits

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                They all drank the same kool aid thinking LA was starving for the NFL and big corporate dollars would pay primo money for suites and boxes. The Chargers aren't gonna make out at the big stadium even if they fill it if they don't sell suites and get that money. They are no better off than if they'd stayed in SD just with more egg on their faces and a big relocation fee payment due each year eating into their tv profits
                The Chargers will be lucky to draw 50k in the new stadium and 30k of them will be fans of the opposing team. It will be a disaster. The only question is will the NFL do something about it (move them, pressure Spanos to sell, etc.).

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  So Spanos out-foxed Stan the business man?
                  At least they can win off the field.
                  Go Spanos!
                  I don't see how he won. He doesn't get any of the revenue generated by the new stadium. The value of his team hasn't changed. They're not selling luxury boxes (the real money owners crave). And he'll have to endure the criticism of other NFL owners... not to mention the scorn of former SD Chargers fans. I hope the spiffy owners' box is worth the humiliation and the $650 million relocation fee. I'm not so sure that's "winning off the field"...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

An article written about a month ago about the SDSU West campus plans.

The stadium "may accommodate professional, premier, or MLS soccer. The stadium location and surrounding concourse has been sized and designed for future adaptation should such an expansion become necessary for an NFL or other professional sports team...
                    VOSD's Ry Rivard has been closely following the city and SDSU's efforts to close a deal on the Mission Valley stadium site, and went on Reddit to answer your questions about it. Here are some of the best parts of that conversation.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

So who in your opinion is in a more enviable financial situation? Spanos (renting) in a huge market L.A. or Davis in L.V.? (keeping in mind that the Raiders stadium is going to be invaded by opposing fans every game worse than Carson is because it is the #1 destination city for opposing fans to go see their team play at, plenty of hotels for cheap rooms, great weather in the winter to get away from their weather and a party atmosphere, wait until the Patriots play there how many Pats fans will invade that town).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I don't see how he won. He doesn't get any of the revenue generated by the new stadium. The value of his team hasn't changed. They're not selling luxury boxes (the real money owners crave). And he'll have to endure the criticism of other NFL owners... not to mention the scorn of former SD Chargers fans. I hope the spiffy owners' box is worth the humiliation and the $650 million relocation fee. I'm not so sure that's "winning off the field"...
                        The value of the team certainly did change. did you not watch the video? Even if you didn't it's been said they are already worth more and they will make money even if they draw nobody.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-24-2019, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                          So who in your opinion is in a more enviable financial situation? Spanos (renting) in a huge market L.A. or Davis in L.V.? (keeping in mind that the Raiders stadium is going to be invaded by opposing fans every game worse than Carson is because it is the #1 destination city for opposing fans to go see their team play at, plenty of hotels for cheap rooms, great weather in the winter to get away from their weather and a party atmosphere, wait until the Patriots play there how many Pats fans will invade that town).
                          Ain't nothing cheap about hotel rooms in Vegas anymore unless you want to stay at a dump. Not to mention most but not all hotels charge you parking now. Wynn stopped charging.

Even if you get comped it will cost you something with the taxes to pay for the stadium.

Comment

Working...
                          X