Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Take OL this year, then draft either Lawrence or Fields in 2021.
    We will have no shot at Lawrence next year, just like we have no shot at Burrows this year.

Comment

• Chargerville
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We will have no shot at Lawrence next year, just like we have no shot at Burrows this year.
      If we let Rivers & Taylor go (which you know we won’t) then we might.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not too long ago, I cited some PFF stats on one of our players, and several posters jumped in and said PFF's stats were inaccurate...
        I would give them more credit than keyboard warriors that are running mostly on emotions. I usually check out what they have and for the most part they are pretty accurate to what I would rank players in the NFL. Nothing is fool proof.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hayward played at a high level his first two years with us. Since then, his play has dropped off quite a bit. Look at his picks and PD's first two years with Bolts compared with past two years:

He's not overpaid for what he brings and is under contract for 2 more years.
          Since we have bigger fish to fry, hopefully the FO agrees and we look elsewhere in early rounds of the draft /FA.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Those who want to replace TT - I have a man for you - the Browns fired John Dorsey and we should sign him. He's the GM that built the lineup of the Chiefs and the Browns. Look at all the good players the Browns have added with Dorsey at the helm. The coaches couldn't mold them into a team but they do have a bunch of good players there.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Works for me.I have been over TT for a few seasons now.Maybe Dorsey would realize in order for your QB to win games ya kinda need that o line thingy to actually block.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                Those who want to replace TT - I have a man for you - the Browns fired John Dorsey and we should sign him. He's the GM that built the lineup of the Chiefs and the Browns. Look at all the good players the Browns have added with Dorsey at the helm. The coaches couldn't mold them into a team but they do have a bunch of good players there.
                agree. would like to have him in charge

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  The problem is John SPanos works in the Chargers front office. Until the Spanii are out of the FO -- things won't change. I think Dorsey is solid too and I think he would work well with Lynn. But if Junior is still calling the shots... moot point. Telesco is too enamored with Notre Dame for my tastes. Most scouts would be enamored with Clemson, LSU or Alabama these days. Not Tommy Boy. I just don't trust Telesco these days. His last offseason was terrible. And I think anybody with brains saw it when he kept Benjamin and brought back Mebane.

I really would like to be able to just ask Telesco what his offseason priorities for the team are. And if "fixing the OL, ST and DT" are not up there with "QB" - he is clueless to me. I have a feeling Telescos offseason priorities would be: QB, Speed WR, CB and LB.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The problem is John SPanos works in the Chargers front office. Until the Spanii are out of the FO -- things won't change. I think Dorsey is solid too and I think he would work well with Lynn. But if Junior is still calling the shots... moot point. Telesco is too enamored with Notre Dame for my tastes. Most scouts would be enamored with Clemson, LSU or Alabama these days. Not Tommy Boy. I just don't trust Telesco these days. His last offseason was terrible. And I think anybody with brains saw it when he kept Benjamin and brought back Mebane.

I really would like to be able to just ask Telesco what his offseason priorities for the team are. And if "fixing the OL, ST and DT" are not up there with "QB" - he is clueless to me. I have a feeling Telescos offseason priorities would be: QB, Speed WR, CB and LB.
                    Telescope + company suck at drafting and developing the trenches. If I'm TT and Rivers is not here next year, I go heavy in free agency when it comes to proven talent on the oline and the interior dline. Get some proven beasts who don't need to be developed. In free agency can also grab a Running back if Melvin is let go. TT can still grab an OT + QB, and skill positions in the draft either way.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Still rated 6th. You showing stats all the time just shows how you don't know what your looking at on the field.

When you aren't thrown at a much of course your not going to get as many passes defended. Who wouldn't throw at Facyson more than Hayward?
                      I didnt show any stats I was commenting on another post showing stats and making the comment that he was thrown at a lot less so of course his "numbers" would be down.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Telescope + company suck at drafting and developing the trenches. If I'm TT and Rivers is not here next year, I go heavy in free agency when it comes to proven talent on the oline and the interior dline. Get some proven beasts who don't need to be developed. In free agency can also grab a Running back if Melvin is let go. TT can still grab an OT + QB, and skill positions in the draft either way.
                        If Rivers is back - its because OL and DT were addressed. Period. New stadium, competing with the Rams - -I think the Spanii will want to do that more than a young QB and a 4-12 season. I truly do. Granted, who knows if Dean has an ego but if he has one, its taken a hit.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Rivers is back - its because OL and DT were addressed. Period. New stadium, competing with the Rams - -I think the Spanii will want to do that more than a young QB and a 4-12 season. I truly do. Granted, who knows if Dean has an ego but if he has one, its taken a hit.
                          Problem is cap. Keeping Rivers makes it difficult to address OL and DT in free agency. Will TT suddenly get lucky in the trench department in the draft? history isn't on his side.

Comment

Working...
                          X