Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

I don't know how that the coaches decide much in the way of acquiring personnel moves at all. They cut players and I think they have input into identifying their scheme and team needs but all the personnel moves are a GM responsibility only.

IMO Telesco finally was forced to act as the team's record under him was actually regressing. He made a total shambles of the OL through poor drafting and FA moves so they had to go for a complete overhaul that wouldn't have been needed if he had done a better job year to year.

What is interesting is AJ was given 9 years and they probably held onto him and Norv for a couple of years too long. AJ had a record of 95-65 but was ~ .500 for his last 3 seasons.

Telesco has been here almost as long and has been sub .500 as a career average. Why is Telesco special?
    Because he lets John Boy play football GM and is okay with knowing that John Boy is an idiot but he keeps his job

But the record speaks for itself - he should be fired.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      I view TT as above average. So.....

Ya'll show me some comparison. Like Denver for example. Im too lazy but someone throw those up side by side and lets analyze so we have a little more than "Telesco sucks"
      Dont need graphs and news articles Lol.We have a losing record under Telescope and its creeping on a decade.Time to move on.Demand better!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Dont need graphs and news articles Lol.We have a losing record under Telescope and its creeping on a decade.Time to move on.Demand better!
        This. Its not about looking at drafts by team
        its about the overall record - its playoffs or he should be fired

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I hate the SpAnus clan.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Do you mean this offseason is his last chance?

Because I look at it differently - Chargers will have a lot of draft picks (granted, 4 in the 7th round if OTC is right - but an extra 4th rounder
              More than that - a boatload of cap space -

I don't trust Telesco with either -so if you make the move, you make the move NOW
              I'm one who thinks coaching staffs have a strong influence on who is brought in:

NOrv didn't work well with AJ Smith; McLynn didn't work well with Telesco.

If a HOF GM is waiting for you, then fine; most GMs will have to be neutered by the Spanos before entering Charger Park anyways.
              As soon as they sit down in their desk chair, John Spanos jumps onto their lap.

:exparrot:
              Telesco's 2019 draft and free agency net......Charger fan base drinking the kool-aid

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

This is just not true. GMs do get fired in January - hell AJ was fired in January and Telesco was hired in January

Scouts - thats another matter. But hell, if the Spanii had the onions to fire Telesco - they can fire the scouts and the new person can hire their own staff.
                Yes but AJ went out the door with Norv after 5 years together and things heading downhill.
                Staley isn't going anywhere for a few years so if Telesco goes anytime soon , which I doubt, it might be after the draft. But with this organization, be careful what you wish for.

They aren't hiring an high dollar experienced GM. Our last 2 were GM assistants to another GM.

Still think our scouting department needs an upgrade.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes but AJ went out the door with Norv after 5 years together and things heading downhill.
                  Staley isn't going anywhere for a few years so if Telesco goes anytime soon , which I doubt, it might be after the draft. But with this organization, be careful what you wish for.

They aren't hiring an high dollar experienced GM. Our last 2 we're GM assistants to another GM.

Still think our scouting department needs an upgrade.
                  If the chargers were to fire Telesco post draft - might be the dumbest thing Deano would have ever done. But I wouldn't it put it past him

You would want the new GM building the roster before free agency and the draft

And I wouldn't care if another assistant GM - just a different voice might produce different results. Even with John Boy in the office

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I believe popper in that telesco is staying.
                    and I interpret that as he will have the Herbert rookie era at the very least.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Because he lets John Boy play football GM and is okay with knowing that John Boy is an idiot but he keeps his job

But the record speaks for itself - he should be fired.
                      AJ Smith had an abrasive personality and was in a shit fight with everyone, particularly with Norv when both got canned.

Telesco always has that good catholic boy quality about him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

AJ Smith had an abrasive personality and was in a shit fight with everyone, particularly with Norv when both got canned.

Telesco always has that good catholic boy quality about him.
                        Wimp.The dude is a wimp.Just like lil johnny nepotism.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          I believe popper in that telesco is staying.
                          and I interpret that as he will have the Herbert rookie era at the very least.
                          Not if he isn't even getting us to the playoffs.

Yes I think Herbert and Slater buy him some time but if we finish 7-10 the next two seasons I can't imagine they continue sticking with him.

If he couldn't build a consistent winner with a veteran Franchise borderline HOF QB and he isn't winning with a young super star even more physically talented QB he isn't worth shit. As good of QB play as we have had since 2004 it's terrible personnel management that has kept us from winning more.
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X