• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Thanks for the blood, sweat, and tears, Feils. Stay healthy, brother.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I know there are some Shane Steichen fans here that might appreciate this.
      I'm just interested to see how well Steichen does in in Indy. Most of his NFL coaching experience was with the Chargers, where he worked with Nick Sirianni for four seasons. I thought Steichen did a good job with Herbert as a rookie. And I think Hurts overachieved under Steichen. I never expected Hurts would lead the Eagles to a Super Bowl, did you? I wonder how much of that was Steichen, and whether Steichen can carry over that success in a larger coaching role.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        $5.6B bid for the Commanders apparently not enough and Tilman Fertitta says he’s drawing a line in the sand at that price and won’t go to $6B

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/st...wNYG40uBPnpePA
        I hope Bond Supervillain Jeff Bezos doesn't buy the Commanders. I want him to buy the Chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I hope Bond Supervillain Jeff Bezos doesn't buy the Commanders. I want him to buy the Chargers.
          Wasn't Bezos, it was another rich guy who co owns the 76'ers..

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hackman_lex.webp

I heard a rumor Jeff Bezos (pictured) might bid on the Seahawks.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

this is possibly a good sign for getting new ownership for the Chargers. let dean and family take the money and run.

also, Snyder rejected Bezos, so there is a big money guy still available to buy a team.
              I'm sure Bezos's money is looking really good to Dea.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/4/13/23681920/report-jeff-bezos-wont-bid-washington-commanders-interest-buying-seattle-seahawks-nfl-news

Report: Jeff Bezos won’t bid on Commanders, could take interest in buying the Seahawks

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

To better keep count of how many times Charger players use the bathroom during training camp practices?

You think he'll be an absentee owner, who lends an open purse string with no meddling?
                  That he'll hire the best football guys money can buy to completely run the show and he'll just disappear?

He'll bring in his own management structure and ideas that probably will not be well suited to a football organization,
                  manned by loyal aides at the top, who couldn't give a fig about the Chargers, outside of being a product.

He'll bring in an expensive GM who will always be undercut by ridiculous suggestions and a general atmosphere of impatience.

He'll then try to correct his mistakes repeatedly with more mistakes.

Hard pass.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

To better keep count of how many times Charger players use the bathroom during training camp practices?

You think he'll be an absentee owner, who lends an open purse string with no meddling?
                    That he'll hire the best football guys money can buy to completely run the show and he'll just disappear?

He'll bring in his own management structure and ideas that probably will not be well suited to a football organization,
                    manned by loyal aides at the top, who couldn't give a fig about the Chargers, outside of being a product.

He'll bring in an expensive GM who will always be undercut by ridiculous suggestions and a general atmosphere of impatience.

Hard pass.
                    For those that dislike modern analytics … be careful what you wish for. Maybe he’s got the supercomputers to get it right, eh? Or … gulp …
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Sometimes the evil you know is safer than the evil you don't.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Hard pass.
                        You are saying Jeff "Bond villain" Bezos would run the team like he ran his company, Amazon? I disagree with that assessment. He's smart enough to know you don't manage a pro sports franchise like you do an internet retail/IT firm. The proof is how he runs the Washington Post. He's totally hands-off because newspapering is not his forte, he leaves it to the professionals. And the Wash Po is doing well in an era when the newspaper industry is imploding. I believe he will be a great owner of any franchise he buys, and leave managing the franchise to the professionals he hires to manage it.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/4/13/23681920/report-jeff-bezos-wont-bid-washington-commanders-interest-buying-seattle-seahawks-nfl-news

Report: Jeff Bezos won’t bid on Commanders, could take interest in buying the Seahawks

i just saw Mike Florio discussing this. it sounds like the seahawks will be sold to the highest bidder in May 2024. not good for a possible Chargers / bezos deal..

Comment

Working...
                          X