• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
    Jalen Phillips you gotta ask yourself a question. What is New York doing with that field?

two Achilles injuries on it. Aaron Rodgers and Jalen Phillips?
    Joey Bosa sprained his foot on natural grass.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Joey Bosa sprained his foot on natural grass.
      Is the jury still out on turf with grass weave? Is that what Met Stadium is using? Grass woven into turf or the other way round, haha. Is it state of the art? Is it the best money can buy? I assume so. They re-did the field before season start.

Ekeler slipping last game, twice. Fire the equipment manager? Could he have used a change of cleats after his first slip?

Comment

• Kylars
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Agree, Heatmiser. Would prefer a seasoned and successful HC like Harbaugh, but since that's not likely, would gladly give Biasaccia a chance. I just like the cut of the man. There's a risk factor there, but face it, there's a risk factor with taking any coach, successful or not.
        These are my exact thoughts for the next HC.

I really do not want the "hot" OC or DC from 2023 to be our HC.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Is the jury still out on turf with grass weave? Is that what Met Stadium is using? Grass woven into turf or the other way round, haha. Is it state of the art? Is it the best money can buy? I assume so. They re-did the field before season start.

Ekeler slipping last game, twice. Fire the equipment manager? Could he have used a change of cleats after his first slip?
          Equipment manager had good cleats there for Eke. I’m not sure if Eke wore them.

Eke also didn’t adjust his play to the field conditions, rookie level errors by Mr Pro, Eke fucked up bigly. Eke should shut the fuck up as he fucked up yet again, like his multi-drop games.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Equipment manager had good cleats there for Eke. I’m not sure if Eke wore them.

Eke also didn’t adjust his play to the field conditions, rookie level errors by Mr Pro, Eke fucked up bigly. Eke should shut the fuck up as he fucked up yet again, like his multi-drop games.
            Ekeler plays with more heart than any player on this team. Not sure what your deal is with him.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Ekeler plays with more heart than any player on this team. Not sure what your deal is with him.
              He does play with heart and is a TD machine but...he has had a couple of killer fumbles and dropped passes this year that literally could have swing 2 games our way, his production is not great for a starting RB and the whining about his contract does not endear himself to fans while he is being paid millions of dollars, even if the RB isn't "fair".

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He does play with heart and is a TD machine but...he has had a couple of killer fumbles and dropped passes this year that literally could have swing 2 games our way, his production is not great for a starting RB and the whining about his contract does not endear himself to fans while he is being paid millions of dollars, even if the RB isn't "fair".
                I don’t see max effort from Ekeler. I see a guy going through the motions a lot of the time. His off season infected his in season.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • victoria b.c.
                  • Send PM

I don’t see max effort from Ekeler. I see a guy going through the motions a lot of the time. His off season infected his in season.
                  Completely agree with this .

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post
                    Completely agree with this .
                    I don't.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

and the whining about his contract does not endear himself to fans while he is being paid millions of dollars, even if the RB isn't "fair".
                      He led the league in scoring two years running.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        He led the league in scoring two years running.
                        He did, but that does not change anything I said. He plays a devalued position. I'm not gonna feel sorry for a guy making $7+ million dollars this year and then whining about it.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

He did, but that does not change anything I said. He plays a devalued position. I'm not gonna feel sorry for a guy making $7+ million dollars this year and then whining about it.
                          An average of 1,597.5 yds from scrimmage and 19 TDs over the past two seasons. That is Christian McCaffrey production, and you act like that is easy to replace. The devaluation of the RB position is irrelevant to Ekeler, he's an elite dual threat. People complain he doesn't produce in the running game. But he averaged 4.5 ypc in 2021-22. McCaffrey averaged 4.7 ypc in 2022, Josh Jacobs 4.9, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley both averaged 4.4. Ekeler was 18th in rushing yards in 2022, in addition to leading RBs in receiving and total TDs.

Comment

Working...
                          X