• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Name 16 better, I can't. Is David Carr better?
    Derek Carr is better. David Carr is not

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We got a better deal for Allen.
      I would hope so. Keenan is a better player

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Name 16 better, I can't. Is David Carr better?
        David Carr hasnt played since 2012. Derek Carr is definitely better than Minshew imo. You can have your view on Minshew, I’m cool with that. I don’t agree but it doesn’t matter.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Wow. For a 3rd and a 7th.

A swap of 7th round picks. So basically they traded Sneed for a 3rd. Sneed's a good player, just like Keenan, but good GM's PREPARE for situations like this (years ahead of time), and are in a perpetual reload position. This is why GM's and coaching staffs are worth spending megabucks on. It took me a long time to figure this out - I used to think it was ALL about the players. Now I know better. Staley, TT and the rest of the clowns we've had the last 10 years or so finally beat some sense into me . . . . . . . . . . . apparently Dean got the message too .

I guarantee that it will not be 'all roses' next year, but I feel that the team is in the hands of professionals now. I don't believe I've ever felt as confident in our management group as I do ATM . . . . . . . . . but I also thought Kellen Moore was going to kill it last year with our offense - so what do I know??????

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Minshew may have been a backup off and on it doesn't change the fact he's a top 16 qb in the league

Minshew's not bad - but he's not going to carry a team either. There's very little margin for error with him. He's really a 'bridge' QB. I'm expecting the Raiders to draft a developmental QB to go along with Aiden.

He's better than JG though - that's for sure.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

A swap of 7th round picks. So basically they traded Sneed for a 3rd. Sneed's a good player, just like Keenan, but good GM's PREPARE for situations like this (years ahead of time), and are in a perpetual reload position. This is why GM's and coaching staffs are worth spending megabucks on. It took me a long time to figure this out - I used to think it was ALL about the players. Now I know better. Staley, TT and the rest of the clowns we've had the last 10 years or so finally beat some sense into me . . . . . . . . . . . apparently Dean got the message too .

I guarantee that it will not be 'all roses' next year, but I feel that the team is in the hands of professionals now. I don't believe I've ever felt as confident in our management group as I do ATM . . . . . . . . . but I also thought Kellen Moore was going to kill it last year with our offense - so what do I know??????
              Exactly right about roster building. Good teams prepare - both the cap and roster. Always looking ahead thinking of potential free agents a year or two out.

I have always thought this was a two year build. Didn't mean I was giving up on 2024. It just meant I didn't think Hortiz would push a bunch of chips in 2024 that would have made it tougher in 2025-2028 to stay competitive or always chasing cap. Hortiz has cleaned up the cap, has 9 picks this year in the draft already; should have 10 next year.

As for 2024 - I am still looking forward to seeing the games as I think they will be such a different tone of how they play, practice prepared

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly right about roster building. Good teams prepare - both the cap and roster. Always looking ahead thinking of potential free agents a year or two out.

I have always thought this was a two year build. Didn't mean I was giving up on 2024. It just meant I didn't think Hortiz would push a bunch of chips in 2024 that would have made it tougher in 2025-2028 to stay competitive or always chasing cap. Hortiz has cleaned up the cap, has 9 picks this year in the draft already; should have 10 next year.

As for 2024 - I am still looking forward to seeing the games as I think they will be such a different tone of how they play, practice prepared
                Same page - 2 years to fix, but I think we'll be a very different team in 2024. We'll win our share (maybe more) and be a much harder 'out' than we've been recently. I'm just fine if 2024 is a springboard to being an elite team in 2025 (and beyond).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

It’s unlikely they will take ice cream cone field trips this camp.

Staley’s locker room clip after a win telling the players there was no lifting tomorrow still makes me SMH. They’re not lifting as punishment for a past game, they’re not lifting to amuse Staley. They lift to be better in the next game and the game after. Not lifting after winning a game after they did lift is just stupid and I guarantee its not the Harbaugh mindset.

JH1: “We won after lifting? Good - LIFT MORE!”
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

It’s unlikely they will take ice cream cone field trips this camp.

Staley’s locker room clip after a win telling the players there was no lifting tomorrow still makes me SMH. They’re not lifting as punishment for a past game, they’re not lifting to amuse Staley. They lift to be better in the next game and the game after. Not lifting after winning a game after they did lift is just stupid and I guarantee its not the Harbaugh mindset.

JH1: “We won after lifting? Good - LIFT MORE!”
                    At Michigan, Ben Herbert took before and after photos of players as he evolved their physiques over time. Reading about Jake Moody, he went from pretty skinny I read, sunken chest, not very strong (oh wait, thats me!) to a buffed out dude with six packs abs

Would be interesting to see the before and afters of Rumph, Matlock, maybe a couple OL after Herbert gets done with the workouts, that "one shower can't get the sweat and smell off of" - or whatever Harbaugh said about the Herbert workout

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Same page - 2 years to fix, but I think we'll be a very different team in 2024. We'll win our share (maybe more) and be a much harder 'out' than we've been recently. I'm just fine if 2024 is a springboard to being an elite team in 2025 (and beyond).
                      Totally right. I think the team will be tougher, smarter, more physical. I think the coaching will reflect and preparation will reflect how they play.

I look forward to seeing All-Ins of Harbaugh and the staff coaching. Just to see how he coaches.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Huh? We lost a lot of 1 possession games. We've already been the tough out. It's time to finish

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

At Michigan, Ben Herbert took before and after photos of players as he evolved their physiques over time. Reading about Jake Moody, he went from pretty skinny I read, sunken chest, not very strong (oh wait, thats me!) to a buffed out dude with six packs abs

Would be interesting to see the before and afters of Rumph, Matlock, maybe a couple OL after Herbert gets done with the workouts, that "one shower can't get the sweat and smell off of" - or whatever Harbaugh said about the Herbert workout
                          Jimism
                          love it.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X